(FREE DOWNLOAD) OGL Steampunk Character Sheet from Kiln Pub

Kiln Publications is pleased to announce we have uploaded a character sheet for you to use with your OGL Steampunk campaigns. It is a no frills one to tide everyone over till we have more time to get a more elaborate one developed BUT it should work for everyone. Stop by www.kilnpublications.com and download a copy. Now there is NO REASON for anyone not to go out and buy the new OGL Steampunk book now that there is a character sheet available for it so go and spend you money!!!

Have been creating 5 characters for the game tomorrow and downloaded the wonderful character sheet (Though wish it were not in Adobe so I could modify it with a Word Processor I have! Grumble grumble!)

I know you were rushed on this to get it to us early, and this is NOT a complaint, so if you are planning on a version 1.2..

In the Defense value- BASE ATTACK is listed. Perhaps you meant Base DV (From character level?)

Under skills:

No "Listen" skill

Drive is a DEX check rather than a CHA check. (Though some people do drive as if their looks counted for something!)

How about more than one knowledge line? Since many classes have multiple knowledge skills?
And maybe a couple blank lines at the bottom for skills GMS import from other systems etc?

Also just a style thing, why range and magazine under melee weapons?

Also maybe put the magic conduit and constructs on a seperate page 4 (so non magic characters can just not print it out)and more lines for Feats. A third level occultist can fill those lines up in no time!
Again, no complaints here- I am appreciative for a free character sheet and am very interested in seeing what you have planned for Steam Punk add ons- Heck might send you some fo the stuff from MY campaign once we get it going!!!
Lesifer (The Mad Scientist of Westminster Colorado)

OK, it's 2 am and I am doing my third character sheet.

Skills:
Diplomacy is missing.
Not much of a problem as the cog is at -1 even with a couple points put in it (Laughing)
Initiative- maybe one of the Misc Modifiers could become "Dex Modifier"?

No place for speed/Movement.

Was wondering on Saving throws we need 1 more box- a "totla" as we need base from the class, Ability modifier, and misc.

On page three how about a box for "race abilities" and then one for Class Abilities. I am writing them now in the "traits and talents" but it is confusing some of my more literal players! (You know those kind!!!)

Thanks again for doing this for us- I could have never made a character sheet as nice looking as this one is. A few tweaks and it will be PERFECT!
Lesifer the very tired GM

Praetorian said:
OK, it's 2 am and I am doing my third character sheet.

Skills:
Diplomacy is missing.
Not much of a problem as the cog is at -1 even with a couple points put in it (Laughing)
Initiative- maybe one of the Misc Modifiers could become "Dex Modifier"?

No place for speed/Movement.

Was wondering on Saving throws we need 1 more box- a "totla" as we need base from the class, Ability modifier, and misc.

On page three how about a box for "race abilities" and then one for Class Abilities. I am writing them now in the "traits and talents" but it is confusing some of my more literal players! (You know those kind!!!)

Thanks again for doing this for us- I could have never made a character sheet as nice looking as this one is. A few tweaks and it will be PERFECT!
Lesifer the very tired GM
Hello,
Thans for all of the helpful hints, in the future we will be coming out with a 1.1 version however that will not be for some time since we are working on 2087 right now....

Praetorian said:
Have been creating 5 characters for the game tomorrow and downloaded the wonderful character sheet (Though wish it were not in Adobe so I could modify it with a Word Processor I have! Grumble grumble!)

I know you were rushed on this to get it to us early, and this is NOT a complaint, so if you are planning on a version 1.2..

In the Defense value- BASE ATTACK is listed. Perhaps you meant Base DV (From character level?)

Under skills:

No "Listen" skill

Drive is a DEX check rather than a CHA check. (Though some people do drive as if their looks counted for something!)

How about more than one knowledge line? Since many classes have multiple knowledge skills?
And maybe a couple blank lines at the bottom for skills GMS import from other systems etc?

Also just a style thing, why range and magazine under melee weapons?

Also maybe put the magic conduit and constructs on a seperate page 4 (so non magic characters can just not print it out)and more lines for Feats. A third level occultist can fill those lines up in no time!
Again, no complaints here- I am appreciative for a free character sheet and am very interested in seeing what you have planned for Steam Punk add ons- Heck might send you some fo the stuff from MY campaign once we get it going!!!
Lesifer (The Mad Scientist of Westminster Colorado)
As stated in the other post it might be awhile before version 1.1 comes out however for some of the fixes that can be done within 5 minutes, that will be sooner than later. As for doing it in Adobe pdf format that is pretty much the standard in the industry as you can see from Mongoose's download page...

Just remember who loves you, I have made some modifications to the character sheet. Some of the ideas I was given will take longer due to shifting around space on the sheet. The two missing skills were added. Knowledge has two lines for now. Added more room on some sections, added race and class abilities to page 3, moved magic section to a page 4, added movement and speed, fixed melee section (what was I thinking with the range stuff there?), There were more but I forgot, we at Kiln Publications try to make everyone happy... just remember us when our products start apprearing for sale... :D

You are a true gentleman!!!!

If you have a Paypal account set up, I'd send you a couple of bucks right now jsut for the character sheets!

Les

Les,
I have an account BUT I did this to help you guys out. In business it is best to keep the customers AND future customers happy. AND to help Mongoose out so they can sell more books and then make more OGL books!!! Enjoy, let me know what happens on the session. Feel free to post it on the Kiln forums as well. The sheet will be revised again in the future....

Trust me, your work is appreciated. Trying to get things done in spite of raging gamers at the door yelling 'where is it?' can be a diificult thing...

The Auld Grump

Back