Forth any one interested?

I will be collecting them. was gonna be MI in all the big armour but I like the look of the Forth better. gonna be my introductory race to SST as waiting on them before collecting. (and I can dig out my old space crusade dreadnoughts to use alongside them :) )

MaxSteiner said:
Lieutenant Rasczak said:
Anally retentive claptrap.

If you (and thats a general you, not directed at you specifically before you get tetchy) don't like something its really REALLY easy to justify something.

ITS JUST A FRICKING NAME!

Jesus dude could you actually just once accept that people might have a differing opinion and leave it at that?
I respect you and all that but you are damned intollerant of people having opininions on things you consider settled :roll:

If you think the fourth race in a wargame being called the Forth is cool thats absolutly fine!
But others are just as entitled to think its an incredibly half arsed name, and to discuss it in a topic about the Forth (Especially since all weve been shown is a couple of pages of fluff). If the name, race design, and history are all lacking all they to fall back on is being giant robots, which is certainly something worthy of a topic on the SST forum!
If all you can add to the conversation is a request that we stop discussing it, maybe you should follow your own advice?

Come to think of it, the Forth are only the third race the Federation have encountered according to the fluff, so thats even worse lol...

Whatever . . . . . . .

I BELIEVE I was debating with Penguin, but as is your way you have to blunder in.

katadder said:
I will be collecting them. was gonna be MI in all the big armour but I like the look of the Forth better. gonna be my introductory race to SST as waiting on them before collecting. (and I can dig out my old space crusade dreadnoughts to use alongside them :) )

:lol: they do look like them!

emperorpenguin said:
well you blundered in Lt......

Max is correct and I add a second nod to his being the voice of reason :D

Like I said.

Whatever . . . . . .

Narrow points of view and churlishness tend to get me going somewhat (and make me react in much the same way).

It doesn't mean I dislike or have no respect for anyone (quite the contrary tbh) I am just very 'passionate'.

but you seem to be "blinkered" in that you don't realise that your attitude is showing "a narrow point of view"

that's what Max and I are saying. Not everyone will agree with you, you can't then tell them to stop talking about something because you don't like it

no disrespect to you Lt, you just need to accept other opinions

emperorpenguin said:
but you seem to be "blinkered" in that you don't realise that your attitude is showing "a narrow point of view"

that's what Max and I are saying. Not everyone will agree with you, you can't then tell them to stop talking about something because you don't like it

no disrespect to you Lt, you just need to accept other opinions

I am pretty sure I just said I get narrow minded myself sometimes . . . . .

God how the h@#$ did a thread about wether or not are you geting forth ternd into this!

also sorry Rob_alderman, i just noticed i have messages, and no i dont have dyslexia( i know i have spelling issuse!)

Fourth page about the Forth, and I'm losing the will to live.

Yes the name is shit, but who gives a flying duck!

It's the models and rules that will win or lose me.

What happens, I go away for an afternoon and WW3 breaks out....

Chill have a glass of nice red wine or two (I nabbed a couple of bottels with my mums blessing as now she won't be thinking of drinking them).

Some of us think the name Forth ain't that good, some disagree.... thats life it ain't a reason to start getting nasty.

cordas said:
Although to be honest, Skinnie could well have just been a derogatory name used by the MI to describe a race with a different name, as its more a description than anything else. In the same way that towelhead is used as a derogatory name to describe anyone from the Middle East.

And since the first several contacts with Forth were probably just with their war machines (not counting any reconaisance... probes they might have done), the MI couldn't agree on a suitable derogatory term. Forth stuck, because they're the fourth intelligent race out there. (Humans are, of course, number 1. Only science weirdos, like perhaps the Forth, use zero-indexing.) Slang is hard to guide, sometimes.

ObOnTopic: I'm looking forward to the Forth, myself. Let's see: Mecha-inspired designs; play style of heavily armored, heavily gunned and always outnumbered; no needing to match previous paint schemes with new pre-paints; what's not to like? That they, like the Vree, provide an outlet for Grey alien stories is just an extra bonus.

Then shouldn't it be Fourth not Forth. I would have expected a name cloesr to mechs or bots for the forth, uisng the bugs and skinnies principle, mind you I can already hear the howls of derision if MGP had gone for either of those....

Im not to found of grays. I mean it just that i was exspecting somthing wirder, more ailen. like the aracnids, there the most ailen of all the races.

lt.harper said:
Im not to found of grays. I mean it just that i was exspecting somthing wirder, more ailen. like the aracnids, there the most ailen of all the races.

I was hoping for some form of sentient machine race, rather than an organic one. I know that there was one mentioned a year or to ago, it might have been the 6th or 7th race thou, rather than the 4th.

The idea of a Machine race was vetoed by the Heinlein estate.

TBH the idea of a Machine race has been as done to death as much as greys have.

There is very little new anymore.

Just curious..I see people mentioning talk of other races as in a previous discussion. Where was this occuring? Any links? Was there a list?

I wonder what the RPG players are doing with aliens. I ran across one topic with UAR-01 mentioned.
http://www.mongoosepublishing.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=14629&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=0

Does UAR-01=Forth or is it some other alien race?

Umm..no.

They never defined who (as far as I remember) who UAR-01 is.

But the other races mentioned have been the Coven (Psychic Materiarcy) and a species that subsists on using others like the Borg or the Strogg.

cordas said:
Then shouldn't it be Fourth not Forth. I would have expected a name cloesr to mechs or bots for the forth, uisng the bugs and skinnies principle, mind you I can already hear the howls of derision if MGP had gone for either of those....

Yeah, well, you can't always tell where slang is gonna go. That's my story and I'm stickin' to it. :wink:

I had thought for a long time they were reclusive aliens, who hadn't realized that everyone isn't 2 feet tall and thought they could terrorize the galaxy with their "giant" 10 foot tall "Battlemechs". I suppose it would have been a one-bit joke, though, so perhaps this way is better. Honestly, I think a strongly-linked cyber-democracy is about as alien as anything the Arachnids have come up with.

Back