Forth any one interested?

Well Mage....tough. That's the name, it fits with the fluff, and they're not going to change it.

And Sony axed the Machine race idea.

Hiromoon said:
Well Mage....tough. That's the name, it fits with the fluff, and they're not going to change it.

well no the fluff fits the name, noth the other way round....

they didn't say "they were discovered on planet forth *brainwave* let's name them forth!". They named them forth THEN came up with a reason why.

Well, I can live with the name, since the miniatures are very nice.
I can only pray that the race have a name for themselves that will come to light and catch on amnogst the fans.

So Sony axed the machine race idea? Interesting. I wonder why. I suppose they have their reasons.

Mage said:
So Sony axed the machine race idea? Interesting. I wonder why. I suppose they have their reasons.

I'd say it may be so they don't dilute interest in The Transformers? Sometimes there are exclusivity agreements with certain ideas or products. Maybe someone agreed for Sony not to have anything to do with mecha other than Transformers, or something akin to that. OR they just didn't like it.

emperorpenguin said:
Hiromoon said:

well no the fluff fits the name, noth the other way round....

they didn't say "they were discovered on planet forth *brainwave* let's name them forth!". They named them forth THEN came up with a reason why.

Doesn't make my statement void though, EP. Do you think they came up with Klendathu first then named the Arachnids?

7 pages of argument about a name?

WTF?

If it was arguments about the models, I could understand (bland, clean boxy), but just the name. SEVEN PAGES!

:cry:

eh, i started this topic and took a life of its own. i wanted to know if people are going to play forth and it terned into an argument.

Poi said:
7 pages of argument about a name?

WTF?

If it was arguments about the models, I could understand (bland, clean boxy), but just the name. SEVEN PAGES!

:cry:

and believe it or not, not everyone agrees with your priorities. Sometimes I see arguments over models that strike me as silly, but hey don't let it stop you complaining about other people voicing their opinions, we all know it would be so difficult to just not read the thread if you don't like it! :roll:

lt.harper said:
eh, i started this topic and took a life of its own. i wanted to know if people are going to play forth and it terned into an argument.

yep because I said
I just can't get interested in them, the wholly unimaginative name lost me from the start.
I'm far more interested in the new Skinnies

and a few small minded posters decided I'm not allowed an opinion, instead of skipping past it......

I just find it hugely ironic that had the guys who say "it's only a name" not kept saying that this would have never arisen, my comment would have slipped quietly by......

Pulling a U turn,
I like the colours on them. How many different units do you think there will be?
I know they are a small numbers mecha army, but I would like to see one or two smaller machines that can hover and move realy fast, like a miniature gundam.

What might be interesting to see is a Forth unit with a central "manned" unit that has a number of smaller slaved battle-satellites (bat-sats) that hover around the core unit as support. They would be sort of like pawns on a chess board absorbing the attacks first. They could call it a Forth "Ensemble" unit. :wink:

I'm thinking that they might be ground units, but would look good as a gaggle of hovering, terribly beweaponed orbs. :twisted:

BuShips said:
What might be interesting to see is a Forth unit with a central "manned" unit that has a number of smaller slaved battle-satellites (bat-sats) that hover around the core unit as support. They would be sort of like pawns on a chess board absorbing the attacks first. They could call it a Forth "Ensemble" unit. :wink:

Um, I thought those were called the Fenirs (for the central unit) and Fenos (for the slaved battle-bots). Sure, the Fenos doesn't hover, but everything else seems to be there. Or did I miss something again?

In any case, I'm sure they would just be called the "Tau rip-off brigade", since everyone knows that GW was the first to come up with the slaved battle-satellites idea... :roll:

Xorrandor said:
BuShips said:

Um, I thought those were called the Fenirs (for the central unit) and Fenos (for the slaved battle-bots). Sure, the Fenos doesn't hover, but everything else seems to be there. Or did I miss something again?

In any case, I'm sure they would just be called the "Tau rip-off brigade", since everyone knows that GW was the first to come up with the slaved battle-satellites idea... :roll:

OK, it would seem that I read (and forgot) that aspect and it was leaking back from my subconsious, heh. I would still like to see a slave design that would fly/hover.

As far as GW coming up with the idea first, I'm not so sure. It has been a repeating theme in sci-fi for many years. In Douglas Adams' Hitchhiker series he had scout robots (Frog Star?) hunting for the characters. When the more military models appeared (sent by the scouts), poor Marvin was sent to deal with them.

Back in the early 80's I was at a convention where I played in a 64 player Traveller RPG adventure where we were merc teams assaulting a computer-controlled city. The main AI at the city center was sending out scout model and battle model hovering orbs as hunter/killers. We figured out (almost too late) to use the sewer network and approach the city core in a much less threatened way. :wink:

OH oh I got a n idea for the forth:
an air unit that can drop a bunch of smaller remote controlled mecha, like those spider yokes.
But it would hae to look weird, like a ufo but more elipse, and pointy...

Back