Central Supply Catalogue Update 2023 - PDF & Pre-Order!

Sounds good and reasonable x2, thanks!

Quick question regarding the vacc suit accessory pack, while we’re at it:

Does it increase armor to +6, or with +6? Just trying to figure out if it’s of any use for deluxe shipsuits or not. They already come with auto protect, so they don’t really need helmets, but extra protection is rarely wrong…

Sounds good and reasonable x2, thanks!

Quick question regarding the vacc suit accessory pack, while we’re at it:

Does it increase armor to +6, or with +6? Just trying to figure out if it’s of any use for deluxe shipsuits or not. They already come with auto protect, so they don’t really need helmets, but extra protection is rarely wrong…
It came from the Plaique Tailored Vacc Suit (Behind the Claw, page 108), so yes, it should increase the armour protection, especially if it's used on any soft suit. Tossing it on top of combat armour, though... there ought to be some sort of logarithmic effect where the '+'s start to fade off at higher protection levels, but not worth redesigning the combat system to deal with it. Better for the referee to just say: 'Um, no.' to those who try to stack inappropatiate protection.

The line “to suits with less inherent armour” should disqualify combat armor, but it’s an interesting idea!

I was just looking at how far one can push the concept of having one suit that can accomplish everything and anything.

Day to day uniform, protection (with accessory pack), vacc suit, sensor suite and builtin life support, even helmet and protective gloves at need…

Probably way too expensive and impractical, but perhaps something the rich owner-aboard on a merchant cruiser would bring

That was the idea for the shipsuit. Too expensive to outfit the entire navy, except for elite high-tech units, but possible for rich worlds or the officer/ruling class on less rich worlds. Cost is in the fancy Combat Armour to cheap Battledress range, but for people not expecting to be at the pointy end of the spear, but perhaps aboard an elite frontline combat ship.

It’s perfect! I just wanna grab the deluxe version, walk a lap around the entire accessory shop, not look at the price tag and see what I end up with 😛

The vac suit equipment pack is only for the tailored and light duty suits so it won’t work on any of the combat suits and the hardier suits in the civilian range wouldnt be able to use it as they already come with such protection. At least how I read it.

I was looking through the previous copy of this book yesterday. I dont know if any of the gun/blade pics have been changed in this new copy but the biggest thing I dont like about the CSC is these are all fantasy weapon designs. And one of the biggest thing I loved about CT was that all the weapons up to our age were based on real weapons.

Why cant we see pics of real Assault Rifles, Revolvers and Autopistols etc? Why do these all have to be daft fantasy ones? Same goes for the blades. I mean the broadsword looks completely ridiculous. Plus my son would be the first to laugh at seeing this book and will tell you straight off there are no such weapons as broadswords they were called great swords.

I also dont like the laser rifle designs in this book either - CT had laser rifles and carbines that were really cool. Particularly the laser rifles look absolute pants in this book.

So yeah not a great fan of the designs at all. They just do not make me excited at all. My 15yo son can draw much more believable weapons than the ones shown in this book tbh.

Last edited:
So the CSC, which is suppose to representive of Chartered Space as a whole, would only look like things from a singular planet?
If in your game you're buying a 5k year old M16, then sure more power to you. Not sure why that should the defualt look over at Iron or Vland.
And the CSC shouldnt treated as just literal. Give folks broad swords, say they look like Scottish Moore Claymoores.

Ehh, technically you are correct, but using obscure language to refer to something that most people dont know/care about is just silly, broad sword is a very common term and distinguishes the item enough for people know what it is, as for the art, use your own, as wiggles said is a massive galaxy there will be major aesthetic differences from place to place, era to era, a lot of the art dosnt jive with me either but, it’s not an issue for me Google exists and there is no shortage of sci-if weapons art to juice my brain.

still like the book, kinda wish there more zero-g options but, merc books to rescue

Ehh, technically you are correct, but using obscure language to refer to something that most people dont know/care about is just silly, broad sword is a very common term and distinguishes the item enough for people know what it is, as for the art, use your own, as wiggles said is a massive galaxy there will be major aesthetic differences from place to place, era to era, a lot of the art dosnt jive with me either but, it’s not an issue for me Google exists and there is no shortage of sci-if weapons art to juice my brain.

still like the book, kinda wish there more zero-g options but, merc books to rescue
What kind of zero stuff?

Looks like there is a new PDF up for download dated January 23rd. This one fixes the issues with Apple Preview on MacOS and iPad.

Is there anything else that has changed in the PDF? I printed the whole thing out and want to know if I need to reprint any pages.

Looks like there is a new PDF up for download dated January 23rd. This one fixes the issues with Apple Preview on MacOS and iPad.

Is there anything else that has changed in the PDF? I printed the whole thing out and want to know if I need to reprint any pages.
If you mean "CSC_Update_2023_Jan_23.pdf", the 23 is the year, not the day. It was uploaded on January 11th. There should be one more update coming, so I'd hold off reprinting anything.

If you mean "CSC_Update_2023_Jan_23.pdf", the 23 is the year, not the day. It was uploaded on January 11th. There should be one more update coming, so I'd hold off reprinting anything.
OK.

A least I can read this one on my iPad.

Mongoose really needs to learn to name files correctly. Always ALWAYS include the full date as a _sortable_ and immediately recognisable versioning

yyyymmdd-name_of_file.extension

Mongoose really needs to learn to name files correctly. Always ALWAYS include the full date as a _sortable_ and immediately recognisable versioning

yyyymmdd-name_of_file.extension
I see your point, though the other way around would be more handy: name-yyyy-mm-dd.pdf (to Sigtrygg: mm-dd is not not a 'Colonial' thing, just a way to sort consistently) , but that's just my opinion - \pretty sure there is no 'correct' format, but consistency is useful. It is admittedly difficult when the name is not consistent between versions, either. I mean, putting a file out as ebook_* is of no particular utility.

Back