Central Supply Catalogue Update 2023 - PDF & Pre-Order!

I don't think it's a house rule. That's how layered armour is described as working in the new version: you treat each level sequentially. I was wondering why they called that out, but it's relevant for AP.
...yes... that... is what I wrote...

I'm going to pretend it was brilliant, rather than just something to deal with various types of armour that are good at certain things (like vs. lasers or heat) and say that it is what I meant for armour piercing ammo as well.
Honestly, I'm a little of the fence with whether that's realistic (I'm thinking of a bullet going through multiple phone books (when phone books were a thing) and trying to imagine if the AP trait follows though fresh to the next layer, or gets attenuated by the first layer.
If this was a Mythbusters episode, there'd need to be an experiment...

Also on the topic of armour munchkinery, should there be a caveat added that you can't benefit from reflec coated armour  and reflec worn over the top?

Also on the topic of armour munchkinery, should there be a caveat added that you can't benefit from reflec coated armour  and reflec worn over the top?
That one I'd have to say definitely not allowed (or allowed, but with no actual benefit beyond the strongest of the reflec layers).
Otherwise, you could wear stacks of reflect or layers of reflect-coated armour, and it would just get silly. Can't add it to ceramic armour either.

On page 18 under Anti-Energy Armour it already says: 'unless otherwise stated, all armour in this section can be worn over the top of standard or archaic armour. However, only one type of anti-energy armour can be worn in this way.'

So multiple layers of anti-energy should be out. Highest level vs. lasers should count, but anything else is just a shiny suit. As for the Reflec Coating, maybe it needs to say (p.25) '... can be added to the surface of a piece of armour or suit that does not provide any special protection against lasers.' (bold text to be added here).

That one I'd have to say definitely not allowed (or allowed, but with no actual benefit beyond the strongest of the reflec layers).
Otherwise, you could wear stacks of reflect or layers of reflect-coated armour, and it would just get silly. Can't add it to ceramic armour either.

On page 18 under Anti-Energy Armour it already says: 'unless otherwise stated, all armour in this section can be worn over the top of standard or archaic armour. However, only one type of anti-energy armour can be worn in this way.'
That was the rule I was going to lean on: adding a reflec coating to standard armour makes it anti-energy armour... and you can only wear one type of energy armour at a time.

So multiple layers of anti-energy should be out. Highest level vs. lasers should count, but anything else is just a shiny suit. As for the Reflec Coating, maybe it needs to say (p.25) '... can be added to the surface of a piece of armour or suit that does not provide any special protection against lasers.' (bold text to be added here).
I hadn't thought about reflec coating energy armour, but that's worth nixing too!

If you wanted a really tidy fix here, you could just say that reflec coating can only be applied to protective suits and battledress (which can't be combined with anti-energy armour to begin with). That would head off both abuses of reflec coating.

If you wanted a really tidy fix here, you could just say that reflec coating can only be applied to protective suits and battledress (which can't be combined with anti-energy armour to begin with). That would head off both abuses of reflec coating.
It already says 'A coating of reflec can be added to the surface of a piece of armour or suit' which overrides the general section rule of allowing it to be applied to say, a bed sheet, poncho, or tarp. Though, I'd probably allow a poncho (no different than a Diplo Vest or a Flak Jacket) ... but if you use any hit location rules from the Companion, then legs and head might not have any laser protection.

A few new problems with the current PDF to report.
The PDF table of contents doesn't always match up with the Contents at the beginning of the book. I like that it has more links than the front matter, but some sections are missing or incorrect. It could also stand to use a hierarchical table of contents like the core rulebook. (For the most part, the TOC is just subheads, not chapter heads, so it isn't that useful.)

Some specifics:
* The Black Market through Proto/Retro Tech are all subheads of Equipment Availability.
* No link to the start of the Armor chapter.
* The Standard Armor link goes to the wrong page.
* No Link to the start of the Augments chapter.
* No link at all to the Communication chapter, it jumps right to Computers.
* Using Computers links to the end of the Augment chapter.
* Specialized Computers & Software Package link to the wrong page.
* Vision links to the wrong page.
* Vacuum Environments and Wilderness Housing link to the wrong page.

Regarding the cloth trench coat and jacket, how about taking their soak down to something like 1 and 2 respectively so counteract the high amour you otherwise get.

Just to let you all know, we have updated the file for this book - simply download it again to get the latest version!

Thanks for the update, Matt. Just downloaded the new file. It seems to now be missing a cover. Also looks like a lot of the things from this thread haven't changed. I wonder if the wrong file got uploaded (to Mongoose site.... can't speak for Drivethrurpg)?

Yeah...covers missing. It doesn't seem to have many of the changes I mentioned earlier in this thread at the end of December either. Like Infantry Mortar mass, Laser pistol implant cost, etc... (etc, meaning I'm too tired today to be thorough - sorry)

got a drive-thru update notice about fifteen minutes ago, but still no cover or correction - cached file somewhere?

Seems a few of the edits are missing. The size of radioactive rounds still says "or less", finely made weapons doesn't mention multiplication. Reflec coatings aren't restricted from reflec armour. Fabricators still say TL3.

Weights of big guns now say "tons", but the infantry mortar still reads 12 (rather than 0.012, as it now should).

Haven't checked everything, but it looks like it could use another sweep before it goes to the printer.

Must be. The copy I got today has the cover.
Yeah, that was it. Cleared my cache on Chrome and got one with a cover. Still missing corrections, though. Or at least the extra zero to be added at the bottom of page 57... but maybe others from the thread above...

The current download has the covers, and the images that were ghosty now look right on all the platforms I had seen the issue before.

That said, long numbers really need to be broken up. 100,000 is readable; 100000 is not.

Alright, what do we have here…?

Looks like everything we know and love from the previous catalogue, plus best of from various publications since it came out - and on top of that a bunch of new stuff!

As if that wasn’t enough, the new book delves into a bit more detail regarding, well almost everything!

Overall, there’s a lot to be happy about!
The new suit options with auto helmets and other goodies, additional Gauss weapons all the way from SMGs to light cannons, portable power systems, new cloth armors, a subtle tweak to grenade launcher ammo, shipsuits…

Housing options shows up a bit surprising well before the actual housing chapter, but I suppose it works better for formatting and page filling like that.

A question regarding specialized ammunition. The following has been added:

To use a particular modification, the weapon firing it must be manufactured at a Tech Level matching or higher than the listed Tech Level of the ammunition type

Does this mean that no weapon can actually use plasma ammo, or that even a humble autopistol can, assuming it’s manufactured in a TL16 fabricator?

Alright, what do we have here…?

Looks like everything we know and love from the previous catalogue, plus best of from various publications since it came out - and on top of that a bunch of new stuff!

As if that wasn’t enough, the new book delves into a bit more detail regarding, well almost everything!

Overall, there’s a lot to be happy about!
The new suit options with auto helmets and other goodies, additional Gauss weapons all the way from SMGs to light cannons, portable power systems, new cloth armors, a subtle tweak to grenade launcher ammo, shipsuits…

Housing options shows up a bit surprising well before the actual housing chapter, but I suppose it works better for formatting and page filling like that.
Yeah, the headings are alphabetised... I actually asked if it could be redone with the heading 'Wilderness Housing Options', but reformatting the chapter is not a trivial undertaking, so let's run with it and assume it applies to non-wilderness housing as well.
A question regarding specialized ammunition. The following has been added:

To use a particular modification, the weapon firing it must be manufactured at a Tech Level matching or higher than the listed Tech Level of the ammunition type

Does this mean that no weapon can actually use plasma ammo, or that even a humble autopistol can, assuming it’s manufactured in a TL16 fabricator?
Actual manufacturing TL, so an autopistol (or even a wheellock pistol) manufactured at TL16 could use plasma ammo. The TL5 (or TL2?) version would just explode in your hand.

Back