Call to Arms tournament at NashCon 2012

I think I will play both Federation and Klingon (seperate games of course) :twisted:

Hopefully, I will have my own minis by then. Tempting to cancel the pre-orders and re-order (since 2-3 day turn around on orders and pre-orders continue to drag on indefinetely). I'm waiting on ordering decals until I know exactly what I end up with. :mrgreen:

I havent ordered yet myself.

I plan on starting to order my tournament fleet(s) this week from the U.S. site. Hopefully I'll recieve them in enough time to assemple and paint my forces.

If this is the case...I'll definatly be making the tournament.

(I've got an aversion to playing with other people's models in a tourney format)

Event info submitted to NashCon organizers.
As soon as they confirm events, I'll post the info here.

SO far we have 10 players that are ~100% certain to be there:
4 from these forums:
Deadshane
LincolnLog
Scoutdad
Totenkopf
6 from the ADB side of things:
SFU_Fear
Fear_less
PlasmaBoy
The Brigantine
Shrek
OHS Survivor

That's 10 players! And there are still a few that look to be possible. Should be a grand event.
Let's try to get some more interested.
I'd love to have to tell NashCon to rearrange the gaming space tpo give us more tables. :mrgreen:

Lincolnlog said:
Any info you can share on the Tournament? Point levels, etc...
As soon as NashCon confirms the event list I sent them.
I'd hate to have y'all get fleets togethernad get excited only to find out htat NashCon's requirements necessitated something else.
It can't be more than another day or so before all the info goes up.

Look at it this way.
Having to wait two more dyas is another chance to bump this thread nad build interest in the event.

That was quick:

Here's the cliff notes version. This info will be included in the NashCon Event Planning List.
I will of course, be providing a more detailed run down on the tournament and any applicable rules / revisions... as well as a complete list of scenarios to be played and how the sceanrios are scored.

Friday, May 25th – Session One: 1:00 p.m. to 5:00 p.m.
A Call to Arms: Star Fleet
The Battle for Kh’rtis Rock

As the Klingon assault on UFP territory slowed to a crawl, the Federation sought ways to turn the tide.
In this scenario, the Federation launches a massive sneak attack on the Klingon repair depot located at Kh’rtis Rock. Can the Federation forces prevail against the unprepared Klingon Battle Station, or will the weakened but numerically Klingon fleet triumph? Join us as over 60 starships fight it out.
This game is open to all players of any experience level.
Due to the size of this battle, it will run through both sessions on Friday night.
Battlegroup Murfreesboro will provide the maps, the terrain, the miniatures, and the reference cards needed to play. All participants need to bring is a desire to blow up the enemy and to have fun while doing so.

Friday, May 25th – Session Two: 7:00 p.m. to 12:00 p.m.
The Battle for Kh’rtis Rock (continued)

As the Klingon assault on UFP territory slowed to a crawl, the Federation sought ways to turn the tide.
In this scenario, the Federation launches a massive sneak attack on the Klingon repair depot located at Kh’rtis Rock. Can the Federation forces prevail against the unprepared Klingon Battle Station, or will the weakened but numerically Klingon fleet triumph? Join us as over 60 starships fight it out.
This game is open to all players of any experience level.
Due to the size of this battle, it will run through both sessions on Friday night.
Battlegroup Murfreesboro will provide the maps, the terrain, the miniatures, and the reference cards needed to play. All participants need to bring is a desire to blow up the enemy and to have fun while doing so.

Saturday, May 26th – Session One: 8:00 a.m. to Noon
“Boldly Going Forward” Tournament
Round One:

Join us as Mongoose Publishing and Amarillo Design Bureau combine forces to present the first US tournament for A Call to Arms: Star Fleet.
1,000 point fleets will fight through three identical scenarios, earning points as they go. At the end of three rounds, the fleet with the most points will earn the top spot and gain all the bragging rights.
Players will need to provide a copy of their 1,000 point fleet list to the judge before the session starts.
Players should also bring painted miniatures to represent their fleet. A limited number of the judges minis will be available for use, but these are first come – first served.

Saturday, May 26th – Session Two: 1:00 p.m. to 5:00 p.m.
Round Two:

Join us as Mongoose Publishing and Amarillo Design Bureau combine forces to present the first US tournament for A Call to Arms: Star Fleet.
1,000 point fleets will fight through three identical scenarios, earning points as they go. At the end of three rounds, the fleet with the most points will earn the top spot and gain all the bragging rights.
Players will need to provide a copy of their 1,000 point fleet list to the judge before the session starts.
Players should also bring painted miniatures to represent their fleet. A limited number of the judges minis will be available for use, but these are first come – first served.

Saturday, May 26th – Session Three: 7:00 p.m. to Midnight
Round Three:

Sunday, May 27th – Session One: 8:00 a.m. to Noon.
King of the World

The until recently unremarkable world, Nyleve has suddenly exploded onto the galactic radar screens. The remains of a technologically advanced civilization has been found in deep cavern. Overnight it seems that every government wants a piece of the action. Fleets from all over the galaxy are racing to the scene, but not everyone has the same goals in mind.
With randomly selected victory conditions, you never know how close the other guy is to winning.
With room for up to 8 players, this scenario is open to races of all experience levels.
Battlegroup Murfreesboro will provide the maps and the terrain.. All participants will need to bring 300 points worth of miniatures for their own force.

Tony,

Oh man, I wish you guys weren't so far away. The Battle for Khurtis Rock sounds like a buttkicking good time.

I hope that you are able to run something like that at Origins 2013 (can't attend 2012). I'd like to run some ACTA:SF scenarios there as well, but we'll see how things go.

Totenkopf said:
Bill, what's your concern in terms of distance? I will probably drive down if you need to car pool.

Well it's a combination of travel time (I'm coming from Central PA), and that my wife has to schedule her vacation time for a year by the previous November. She has to stay home on "vacation" to take care of our 3-year old so I can go to Origins and game.

Due to her schedule, heading out to Nashville for a 4-day weekend just isn't going to happen. :(

I wasn't going to be able to make it to this year's Origins due to their date change - the wife's work simply will not allow her to take vacation during a week that contains a major holiday (Memorial Day in this case). So the probability of being able to go this year is nil. Since Origins appears to have come to their senses and changed the date for 2013 to one that I may be able to make, I hope to run some ACTA:SF events there.

I'm committed to Origins with friends so that takes me out of any shot at Nashcon but that was always unlikely as the family normally gets together over the Memorial Weekend.

Any chance there will be ACTA-SF at origins this year?

In case anyone is curious:
The current force level for the Battle for Kh'rtis Rock is:
Federation (29 ships):
1x Dreadnought
1x Command Cruiser
6x Heavy Cruiser
6x Light Cruiser
6x War Destroyer
9x Frigate

Klingon (32 ships):
1x D7C
7x D7
9x D6
9x F5
6x E4

1x BATS
4x Small Freighter

Because the scenario was written to go with a fiction piece for a future Captains Log.
The fiction piece is actually set during the 2nd Klingon-Federaiton war and would have required the use of Federation DNs (not DNGs), Federation lolli-pop Destroyers (not DWs), standard CA's (not the CAR+ represented by the stat blocks in ACTA: SF), early Klignon D6 / F5 / E4s (with type A drone racks), and a combination of slow and medium speed drones.

This would mean stating out the DN, the DD, the CA and a ton of special rules to cover smaller drone magazines, slower drones, less accurate fire control systems, etc.

Instead, author "X" is considering moving the scenario up a few years (to the early part of the General War) and doing away with some of the special rules. I offered to run it at the convention to give him some feedback on how it goes and he can then make any changes required to balance the scenario (and rewrite the fiction piece).

Long story, short: The fiction piece sets up the unit availability and the scenario play it out.

Back