A Call to Arms Journal

Lincolnlog

Mongoose
Any news on when the A call to Arms Journal will be available. I have not seen any information on it since it was mentioned in the thread on Scouts. As my memory serves me (which isn't that sharp, age could be a factor) :lol: it was due for an April 2012 realease.

As it's being 'completed now', will it include the updated 'Offical Rulings' (all the ruling changes in one place), or are we awaiting the next book toward the end of the Year for these :?:

Just posted in the other thread some details of what will appear in the first Journal.

Yes, we would be happy to look at submissions for the next issue (or maybe even this issue if you get them to us quickly and they are HOT!).

Send all submissions to me at msprange@mongoosepublishing.com, in Word format. For Star Fleet I believe we will have to follow ADB's lead and say that any submissions automatically fall under our copyright (the act of submitting also being the act of copyright transfer). However, we will pay 2 cents per word for articles that get put into the Journal (or anywhere else, just to cover us for any articles we deem good enough for, say, Battle Groups), or 4 cents per word if you would prefer to get hold of some books or minis - can be a good way of funding your hobby!

msprange said:
Just posted in the other thread some details of what will appear in the first Journal.

Went looking but couldn't find the post you are referring to. I know you discussed this a few months ago and mentioned it would include scouts. I would like to know what else.

Never mind I found it in the GORN FLEETS - COMMENTS WELCOMED therad, here is a repost:

msprange said:
AdmiralGrafSpee said:
What are these "Journals" you are referring to and how can we acquire them? New rules ships is something we all want!

In a nutshell, the A Call to Arms Journal (issue 1) is a Signs & Portents Presents e-book, likely going for $4.99 on Drivethru/Wargames Vault, and covering all current A Call to Arms settings.

It is intended for the fan/hobbyiest rather than being a 'must buy' because of new official rules. That said, there _will_ be a few new official rules in there but nothing that will not be duplicated in future printed publications, so it is not an essential purchase unless you absolutely must have everything as soon as it comes out!

The first issue has new scout ships for every major SF fleet, for example. However, it will also contain new scenarios, battle reports, new stellar debris for Noble Armada, articles on the best use of certain ships/fleets, and so forth.

Basically, we want it to be an interesting and worthwhile read every quarter (is the plan) for any player of A Call to Arms, whatever flavour they prefer.

Contents posted strongly imply it includes noble armada.

With the B5 licence gone I don't think it'll include that though.

Time to dust of a few things and see if they're publishable. I won't have anything ready for issue 1, but after May 3rd I'll have a lot more time.

Are any of the following possible inclusions:

Conversions of NA ships into SF stats (and vice versa)
Universe crossover scenarios - say between SF and NA
Kitbash / Conversions of ships with suggested stats for "friendly" play
What if Scenarios/ships

Alt universe stuff for either (come on you knew I was going to ask)?

What is the status of fiction based on the games being in the Journal?

thanks

Da Boss said:
Are any of the following possible inclusions:

Conversions of NA ships into SF stats (and vice versa)
Universe crossover scenarios - say between SF and NA
Kitbash / Conversions of ships with suggested stats for "friendly" play
What if Scenarios/ships

Alt universe stuff for either (come on you knew I was going to ask)?

What is the status of fiction based on the games being in the Journal?

Game and universe crossovers are unlikely (and probably more trouble than they ar e worth).

Conversions certainly possible. Fiction not.

Matt, as you know there are a lot of variants for some classes of ships - ones that aren't major enough to warrant a separate miniature.

Any chance we could see some variants for existing ship models in the Journal? I would think the majority of them could even be one liners!

-Tim

Back