Bunker effect

Avenger6

Mongoose
I played against my first bunker Monday night. The rules give the defender a +3 to armor save or the option to attack the bunker. My opponent and I could not figure out what you did with a kill result. What good is the bunker if you can force the target to dodge (given that most elements don’t have dodge)?
Comments? What is the rule?

Afraid you were right.... if it's a killshot then the bunker has no effect :( makes them less effective vs the big stuff. (I was unpleasantly surprised first time I used them!). But they are pretty cheap and are good just as blocking cover you get to place or something high to stand on (makes it tricky for a warrior to get to you). Hiding inside is great vs other MI though!

Accurate no longer affects buildings/structures.

There were revised cover rules that may or may not come out in a signs and portents that made/will make bunkers viable.

Just to keep my opponent from complaining we gave troops in the bunker a 2+ save, target & kill. Given the number of saves he had to roll he still lost troops. After all anyone can roll a one. It forced me to attack the bunker, which made sense, and when it finally collapsed, it almost killed everything inside. Which made sense. As a bug player I didn't mind the 2+ save because I don't shoot much anyway. I could see other armies, shooty armies being more bothered by such a rule.

The jeske said:
if it's a killshot then the bunker has no effect
wait a minute .bunkers are immune to kill shots? :shock:

No he meant if shot against troops is killshot bunker doesn't help one bit for the trooppers. Without dodge troopper is dead wether he was in bunker or not.

Hiromoon said:

There were revised cover rules that may or may not come out in a signs and portents that made/will make bunkers viable.

That's reassuring - I sat down the other day and thought 'what possible reason is there for not firing your sniper rifles at bug holes'... rules-wise they would've been able to get hits, no prob, with d6+4

Common sense says no, though... but it's a pity that Reaver missiles wont be /quite/ as effective anymore.

Do LZ weapons still get to re-roll their damage dice vs. structures?

honestly why would you attack a bunker's inhabitants... much easier just to knock the bunker down and kill everyone inside.

a good plasma shot or thorny (or regular) tanker can take care of a bunker and kill everyone inside with little trouble

ive always thought of them as a coffin... and a quiet nod to Patton, as he said stationary defenses are ridiculous when faced with modern mobility... and in this future we have infantry as mobile as youd like

what on earth are they doing staying still!

Alexb83 said:
Hiromoon said:

That's reassuring - I sat down the other day and thought 'what possible reason is there for not firing your sniper rifles at bug holes'... rules-wise they would've been able to get hits, no prob, with d6+4

Common sense says no, though... but it's a pity that Reaver missiles wont be /quite/ as effective anymore.

Do LZ weapons still get to re-roll their damage dice vs. structures?

Wasn't the loss of accurate on buildings just for sniper rifles?

Gauntlet- said:
honestly why would you attack a bunker's inhabitants... much easier just to knock the bunker down and kill everyone inside.

a good plasma shot or thorny (or regular) tanker can take care of a bunker and kill everyone inside with little trouble

ive always thought of them as a coffin... and a quiet nod to Patton, as he said stationary defenses are ridiculous when faced with modern mobility... and in this future we have infantry as mobile as youd like

what on earth are they doing staying still!

Good points. A bunker in a game of Mobile Infantry is a bit of an oxymoron, I suppose. But then, they have to rest sometime, and I'd rather be resting in a bunker than a foxhole anyday :wink: . Even better, I made my bunker with wheels on it, MUAhahahah...
Can you say "WinnebaGOooo!" :lol:

APC_PROXIE_2.jpg

Back