Adventure Class Ships - PDF & Pre-Order!

MongooseMatt

Administrator
Staff member
The new Traveller hardback, Adventure Class Ships, is now available on PDF & pre-order - and this is a book Traveller fans have been waiting for!

You can grab your own copy now at: https://www.mongoosepublishing.com/products/adventure-class-ships

Adventure class Ships DT.jpg

Adventure Class Ships, those vessels of 2,000 tons or less, are the mainstay of Traveller and the most common ships found on the spacelanes by far. This book gives you more than 60 new ships in this class, to be used by Travellers, pirates, traders, government forces and corporations. Each vessel has a specific role in the universe and has been built to accomplish it with the best components available to its builders.

In this book you will find:

Exploration Ships: These are the vessels that travel far beyond the frontier, seeking new worlds, aliens, and awe-inspiring stellar phenomena.

Merchant Ships: The backbone of interstellar commerce, in this book you will find merchant vessels of all sizes and for all budgets.

Passenger Ships: While merchant ships carry cargo, these vessels carry people, and Travellers are likely to have been carried by many of them in their lives.

Working Ships: The unsung heroes of space, these ships keep the galaxy turning and include salvage ships, jump cutters, customs patrol craft, prison ferries and more.

Military Ships: These are ships with guns, designed to out-manoeuvre and outfight any enemies they come across. Pirates and corsairs use similar vessels, though for very different purposes.

Traveller-built Ships: What happens when Travellers with millions of Credits decide to design their own ship? This chapter explores the expansive and often highly specific ships that can result.

Aslan, Sword Worlds and Vargr Ships: Beyond the Third Imperium and its affiliated states, other empires can have very different takes on ship design, but these vessels might just be the perfect ride for a group of Travellers.

Plus rules on how your Travellers can get their hands on any of these ships after their careers are completed and they are ready to voyage across the stars.

Paging thru it quickly (nice artwork) - but the Huntress can't be Jump3 at TL11 - needs to be TL12 (yeah I know start a feedback thread....)

Very pleased to purchase this book. More small ships are always welcome, since I have zilch for artistic talent. And I don't love making deckplans either. :D

... Wait, are we supposed to make threads for this sort of thing? Bugger.
(I know I'm not done, this is taking longer than I thought it would.)

Exploration
  • Page 6, Stealth Scout
    • Armour should be 3.84t and MCr1.92: Streamlined hulls have +20% armour tonnage.
    • Fuel Tanks should be J-2 x2, 8 weeks of operation, seeing as it's 42t of fuel.
    • Computer should be Computer/10/fib: there's no second slash right now.
    • Cargo should be 2.16t, technically. It's a bit moot, though.
    • Maintenance Cost should be Cr13986/month, Purchase Cost should be MCr167.835: armour changes.
    • Power, Fuel Processor should be 1, not 2. It's halved from the Suleiman.
  • Page 7, Stealth Scout deckplans
    • Remove [12] label from bridge.
  • Page 8, Extended Scout
    • Hull, 150 tons, Streamlined should be MCr9.
    • Computer should be Computer/10/fib.
    • Sensors should be Improved; 3t and MCr4.3: technically, Mineral Detection Suites need Improved or better sensors. That could be ignored, though.
    • With Improved Sensors:
      • Cargo should be 7.49t
      • Maintenance Cost should be Cr6045/month, Purchase Cost should be MCr72.545.
    • Without Improved Sensors:
      • Cargo should be 8.49t
      • Maintenance Cost should be Cr6029/month, Purchase Cost should be MCr72.345.
  • Page 10, Frontiersman
    • Tech Level should be 14.
    • Armour should be 5.76t and MCr2.88.
    • Fuel Tanks should be 63t.
    • Cargo should be 9.24t.
    • Maintenance Cost should be Cr5037/month, Purchase Cost should be MCr60.44.
    • Power, Jump Drive should be 30.
    • Power, Sensors should be 2.
    • Power, Weapons should be 1.
  • Page 12, Far Scout
    • Armour should be 7.68t, MCr3.84.
    • Fuel Tanks should be 86t.
    • Computer should be Computer/15/bis.
    • Cargo should be 6.32t.
    • Maintenance Cost should be Cr7883/month, Purchase Cost should be MCr94.59.
  • Page 14, Medical Scout
    • Power, Low Berths should be 2.
  • Page 16, Far Reach Survey Scout
    • Power Plant should be MCr26.
    • Maintenance Cost should be Cr18720/month, Purchase Cost should be MCr224.64.
  • Page 18, Broadsword Exploration Scout
    • Advanced Probe Drones should be 2t.
    • Multi-Environment Space should be MCr0.25.
    • Cargo should be 35.5t.
    • Maintenance Cost should be Cr32993/month, Purchase Cost should be MCr395.91.
    • Power, Weapons should be 4.
    • Power, Medical Bay should be 1.
    • Power, Multi-Environment Space should be 1.

Not errata, but noting the desire for the next iteration of High Guard (or maybe JTAS): Something looking at the joys and perils of creating an Armed Junker, and other feats of extreme ship upgrading (sidegrading?).

Not errata, but noting the desire for the next iteration of High Guard (or maybe JTAS): Something looking at the joys and perils of creating an Armed Junker, and other feats of extreme ship upgrading (sidegrading?).
An updated Khoghue from the old S&P would be cool.

Sorry, don’t have the book… yet.
No worries. :) The Junker is there, when you do get the book.
Now all we need is, indeed, rules on building Junkers in High Guard. A process similar to the one in that Firefly episode when the crew of Serenity built that ambulance out of scraps, on Ariel - basically, a similar process to how Serenity was built in the first place ...

No worries. :) The Junker is there, when you do get the book.
Now all we need is, indeed, rules on building Junkers in High Guard. A process similar to the one in that Firefly episode when the crew of Serenity built that ambulance out of scraps, on Ariel - basically, a similar process to how Serenity was built in the first place ...
I foresee (or hope for) an expanded Spaceship Quirks section...

I love the book so far as I don't have the old GURPS versions so this is great. the Vargr and Aslan ships are pretty nasty. It's nice to see some sword world-specific ships as many campaigns occur there.

although I did find a ship that technically is broken
Pleasure Ship
1x Luxury stateroom
12x high staterooms
33x Standard Staterooms
2.5t cargo
unless it's storing all the passenger luggage on the Passenger shuttle(16t) not sure how the passengers will like it with their luggage going with them on every excursion from the pleasure ship.
high passenger requires 1-ton cargo
standard requires 0.1t

Back