Abandon Ship

What Are Your Feelings On Your SST Collection?

• I don't plan on getting rid of anything, in fact I'm buying more!

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I don't plan on getting rid of anything, but I'm going to wait for the new stuff.

• I'm getting rid of my excess, ready for next April!

• I'm selling up, I don't know if I will carry on with SST . . . . .

• Total voters
Ya know, you could make the case that this poll is VERY biased. IE the people that are bailing on SST have already started, therefore would not becoming to this site and not taking part in the poll. Also those that cruise the board here might all be fanboi's so again, chance for a heavy bias.

Just a thought. Me, I'm staying, I love SST.

I think the people on either side of the spectrum are small and generally cancell each other out. That just leaves the rest of us and I for one am not a fanboy. I took me a while to warm up to the idea. Anyway, I'm not giving up on SST. In fact I just bought two CHAS's for my Exo platoon.

I have enough SST figs to build 10.000+ M.I. force (with all different platoon types included), more than 2000 pts of bugs and enough skinnies for 2000 pt force.
Most of it still needs to be assembled and/or painted. So I have plenty of work to do before SSTevo starts.

I'm not planning to get rid of anything.

I pretty much have everything I need already, but I still plan to buy a few more boxes (my LAMI still needs reinforcements, at least)

Abandon ship?-) What are you joking about :lol:

I have just one CAP platoon and BARELY enough bugs for 2k army. Needless to say I need more :twisted:

Next years plan is exo and marauder platoons(still trying to decide in which order though!). Maybe even LAMI. Once I get back from England I start increasing my bug collection(hoppers, mantis bugs, all sort of tankers, overseer, infiltrators, GUARD bugs! etc).

Sgt Xin said:
Ya know, you could make the case that this poll is VERY biased. IE the people that are bailing on SST have already started, therefore would not becoming to this site and not taking part in the poll. Also those that cruise the board here might all be fanboi's so again, chance for a heavy bias.

Just a thought. Me, I'm staying, I love SST.

I don't think so, and a couple of people actually voted on Bailing!

I put this here as a morale booster, I knew a lot of people were getting stressed about SSTE and the fact some people were flogging their stuff off.

So I say to all the faithfull out there -
Starship Troopers ROCKS, AND DON'T FORGET TO -

stlogo36.jpg

:( As a devoted SST player I am disappointed by this turn of events. While I have nothing against prepaints, what I most liked about SST was that there was always a new bug coming along to add even more variety. My biggest concern is that there does not seem to be anything new planned for the near future. I can field more than 5,000 pts of MI and the same in bugs at this time - all painted. My two thorny tankers should arrive tomorrow and my ripplers are on back order from Thoughthammer.com. What do I have to look forward to after that?

bug1 said:
What do I have to look forward to after that?

All the new stuff after april comes? Not sure what's planned for bugs but for MI aircraft, sprites, pathfinders with WASP(I believe they are in pipeline as well) are all coming.

Plus you could always try new army like the Forth :D

BTW, welcmoe to the Forums Bu1. MSprange said, even before the SSTE annocement, that the bugs would see a break for a year anyway. The prepaints can be repainted, and are not made of the crappy clix figure plastic.
We are just trying to create some moral support. What exactly is bothering you about it? I was a bit wary at first but now I have warmed up to the idea.

Actually the announcement inspired me to get painting and playing

The bugs that I had assembled and undercoated had been limited to terrorising the D&D group I DM as assorted vermin/nasties, "What, more giant spiders?!" they'd cry.

After the announcement I got a new burst of enthusiasm and decided to pull my finger out and get them all painted (the bugs, not my D&D players) and start playing SST for real.

I won't be getting rid of anything but I will wait until the pre-paints are available then start purchasing again. I wish I had access to pre-paints from the start actually because of time factors.

Very much looking forward to Battlefield Evolution as well!!!

Cheers,

Eisho

This poll is definitely going to be biased. Anyone that visits the forum regularly is already a fan of the game. If you posted this poll on TheMiniaturesPage, with some added options, you will get a better cross section of people.

You should have included at least two more options: Planning on waiting to see the rules and/or quality of miniatures before deciding, and selling off your stuff because although you are interested in the new direction your friends have already bailed.

My gaming group is split about in half about the prepainteds. Some of us are already in "Back in my day we had to paint our own figs!" mode, while some of us are in "Thank god I can field more against that jerk who has a lot of time to paint!" Mode.

Interestingly enough, the other argument is about the rules and if they will go too simple...but some of the prepaint people go one way, some the other, and the same for the assemble it types.

But I did notice that ideas of dropping it got talked about for one day, and then we started talking aobut what models we need still.

Got a thorny tanker and an Overseer on the way, so I guess that's my answer :).

If you want a truly unbiased poll you have to go out and poll the general populace using a poll designed by Semanticians (real word?? anyway experts in semantics) following all of the rules for avoiding potential bias for any reason or reasons. You would further need a statistical sample of 40,000 to 100,000 plus to assure reasonable statistical validity, based on a world population of 6 plus billion people, a far larger sample (on the order of times 10 larger) than most polling services ever make on any issue, including elections.

Most of these people will never have heard of the game, possibly not even know anything about Miniature Wargaming.
My feeling is the poll was designed to give a feel for the attitudes of those who are actively involved in the SST community.

For the purposes of this poll everyone else has no bearing on the analysis.
Further you could add as many additional catagories as you wish, but how much alteration in the actual numbers would you get, perhaps a total of a 2-4 percent shift spread across all catagories, which would not be statistically relevant, considering the simple subject approach.

Staying, leaving, keeping, selling, excited, whining . . . . . pretty much covers what I think Drew wanted to know. :D :D :D :D :D :D

As far as those who already bailed they do not impinge on this poll, thay are after all, already gone. Again Drew is asking about future potential actions.

A large percentage of thosewho have bailed already had their minds 95 % made up before the "Big Announcement", many had even specifically stated "If the Big Announcement does not rock my world, I am gone".

I saw this quote or similar numerous times leading up to the announcement. Too bad for those who have left, they will be missed but not all that much.

This game is less than two years old, so why not give it a chance?? Change can be very good when the truly involved gamers have asked for most of the changes.

I stuck with EE's 40K for over 16 years even when totally disgusted with the company, so I am here with and for Mongoose for the long haul. :D :D :D

I'm sorry that this may sound condecending. bUt there are still idiots out there that think the new change is the worst thing in the world. Not me, I'm loving it. I have people in my town why grab the collectble mini's by the ton, and will jump into SST when this stuff come out. In the meantime, it gives me time to pain all my stuff and grab 1 more grizzlies unit and some more cougars.

Andrew said:
I'm sorry that this may sound condecending. bUt there are still idiots out there that think the new change is the worst thing in the world. Not me, I'm loving it. I have people in my town why grab the collectble mini's by the ton, and will jump into SST when this stuff come out. In the meantime, it gives me time to pain all my stuff and grab 1 more grizzlies unit and some more cougars.

It doesn't sound condescending at all Andrew (great name btw ;) ) its a great way of looking at it.

We had never really planned to do too much with SST to begin with... it was simply going to be a gateway game to teach my g/f's son the basics. I haven't even started with SST and she's asking when I am going to teach him Hordes (from Privateer) which is what she and I play. I already have a solid 1000 points for each of the three factions, plus some extra stuff. With the purchase of a Chickenhawk and a Plasma Bug, we can pretty happily go up to the 1500 point mark (which wasn't in the plans but Shad really wants a Plasma Bug) so I will probably be picking those up sometime in the next month. And then I think I'm done with buying :)

BTW, thanks to Sky Captain our local Mongoose demo guy, if he had not shown Shad SST at May Madness you guys would have never heard of me and Mongoose would not have gotten the $200+ they are getting from me. And also many thanks to our local Pressganger for being too lazy to demo Warmachine, which was what I brought Shad to see in the first place and sent him to Sky Captain instead since we had nothing else to do. For a "runner up" demo, this sure has turned into something fun!

Back