A modern day combat

Nice to hear some people are going to buy the brits when they come out ( i just seen the infantry, they look great ), a little warning, the french will be coming in 2007..!!!

:)

soulman said:
Nice to hear some people are going to buy the brits when they come out ( i just seen the infantry, they look great ), a little warning, the french will be coming in 2007..!!!

Mmm, yes, complete with Foreign Legiion, Leclercs and AS-665 Tigres!

Brits all the way!!

I wonder if they will do a scale model Naffie which sells Naffie tea?? That would just be great...

I have to say, I am looking forward to running some British vs US forces. Should be an interesting match up!

I hope they do bring out Navy SEALS. Be interesting to see how they hold up against the SAS...

Danty

I’m playing marines at 1st..... but I’m planning on converting up Americans to Aussie SAS or commandos! :twisted:

The Chinese have a lot of potential – you have just about every other country in Asia and the Pacific as a potential enemy – now including North Korea if you send the Chinese in as 'peacekeepers' (and I think they would be rather good at this – if it moves shoot it [then cook it]) if you just make the North Korean leadership just a little bit madder and more dangerous than they are now. Then the Australians might get dragged into some island actions not to mention Japan, S. Korea and Russia.

Did anyone mention Russians? You have quite a lot of potential there – including other Russians for start.

I smell a pacific cmapaign in the pipeworks..... just need a catchy name for it.

Land of the rising guns?
Operation: Nuclear dawn?

My decision is easy I will collect all four starters that way I can team up my US and Brits Coalition style and start rompin and a stompin. I would def like to see small unit especially Anti terrorist ie GSG9 for some tabletop versions of Rainbow Six ... Woot Woot bring it onnnnn

Mage said:
I smell a pacific cmapaign in the pipeworks..... just need a catchy name for it.

Land of the rising guns?
Operation: Nuclear dawn?

I know just the place too. The Spratly Islands. They are heavily disputed. There has already been some blood spilled over them. They aren't much to look at but there's oil out there. Lots of it.

http://www.globalsecurity.org/military/world/war/spratly.htm

Like scale lead naval ships used as recognition and tactics props in WW2, I wonder if the BFE troops will be used by the real militaries for before-mission tactics options ala Kreigspeil :?: :wink: .

msprange said:
soulman said:

Don't forget the white flags! :D

msprange said:

Unless it was a Jedi mind trick (not too hard at all with me), didn't I see on the web where the French Foreign Legion was disbanded?

Well this is all I could find, courtesy of Wikipedia:

"The abolition of conscription in France, in 2001 and the creation of an entirely professional army might be expected to put the Legion's longterm future at risk but as of 2006, there is no sign of this."

Well, we can throw our political opinions into the general discussion area, but I am of two minds on the French. While I have had many shall I say "differences" with their policies, I will not forget that without the French fleet a certain General Washington would not have had a victory at Yorktown and thus our freedom now to complain about the French :wink: .

Back