3rd Age Glorantha Resources

cjs65

Mongoose
I'm about to start a campaign in 3rd Age Prax - I can't help it, I just love the Lunar Empire and the proliferation of chaos - and I'm wondering which, if any, of the 2nd Age Glorantha books will be of use?

I have 2E Cults of Prax/Cults of Terror and a fair few other 2E books (though I can't find the rules :roll: ) so I think I'll be just about OK, but I like buying new books...

Any advice?

well, the Third Age is officially the province of HeroQuest (second edition along with a new Sartar book due out "soon")...

-:).

cjs65 said:
I'm about to start a campaign in 3rd Age Prax - I can't help it, I just love the Lunar Empire and the proliferation of chaos - and I'm wondering which, if any, of the 2nd Age Glorantha books will be of use?

I have 2E Cults of Prax/Cults of Terror and a fair few other 2E books (though I can't find the rules :roll: ) so I think I'll be just about OK, but I like buying new books...

Any advice?
For "generic" 3rd age Glorantha, I'd advice Cults of Glotantha 1+2, Monsters II (which contains almost only Gloranthan creatures), Ruins of Glorantha and probably all the race books to some extent.

Get River of Cradles and Sun County, too. And Strangers in Prax. It's all new materials for RQ3 that was not in RQ2 stuff.

There is very little Prax stuff for HeroQuest, IIRC. Someone (one who reads this forum) should be writing an all-new Pavis book for HQ, but the ETA is uncertain.

Hi,

There was a lot of Praxian based supplements from the Tentacles crew under the name of Ye Booke of Tentacles, which had multiple scenarios and backgrounds written by Ian Thompson. There were six substantial books produced.

As for supplements from MRQ, I would add the Player's Guide to Glorantha for the sections on Praxians to the lists already provided.

Borderlands, Pavis and the Big Rubble and the Gods of Glorantha books by Moon Design can still be found. I have used all of these with MRQ mechanics, as well as Griffin Mountain. I didn't actually change the stats much, I just reduced the number of Battle Magic/Rune Spells and decided if an NPC was a Spirit Worshippper (most Praxians and Balazarings), a Theist (Most Orlanthi and many Lunars) and the occasional Sorcerer (I had a couple in my Pavis Game who were in the service of the Lunars, amongst the Trolls or amongst the Old Pavis worshippers using exotic magic.

I do know that the new Pavis book connects the Second Age Material and Third Age material together much better, so Dragon Mysticism and the legacy of the God Learner's magic in the former Robcradle can be found, allowing the player to draw upon the Magic of Glorantha supplement.

Finally to save the 3rd Age GM a bit of time, if you are interested I have converted Star Bear, Yelmalio, Etyries, Cacodeamon and the Seven Mothers cults to MRQ to match the changes that occur in the Third Age. PM if you want a copy.

Simon

RosenMcStern said:
Get River of Cradles and Sun County, too. And Strangers in Prax. It's all new materials for RQ3 that was not in RQ2 stuff.

Note that River of Cradles does include some material that was in Pavis, Big Rubble and Borderlands as well as new material.

Mark Mohrfield

Prax/Pavis related fan booklets:

- RuneQuest Adventures # 3 - The Block
- Codex # 1 - Pavis Special
- Tales of the Reaching Moon # 14 - Prax Special
- Tales of the Reaching Moon # 15 - Prax Special 2
- The Book of Drastic Resolutions Volume Prax
- Tradetalk # 8 – Pavis & Big Rubble Special
- Tradetalk # 9 – Pavis & Big Rubble Special 2
- Ye Booke of Tentacles Volume III (includes "Pavis & Big Rubble Companion)
- The Masks of Pavis – Pavis & Big Rubble Companion 2
- Legacy of Pavis – Pavis & Big Rubble Companion 3
- Rough Guide to Pavis City (2nd Age!)
- Shadows of Pavis – Pavis & Big Rubble Companion 4
- Beyond Pavis: Adventures along the valley of the Zola Fel River

Upcoming
- Tradetalk # 17 - Pavis, Prax & Vale of Flowers
- The Zin Letters # 3 (Agimori and Prax, as far as i have know)

dougiepunk said:
well, the Third Age is officially the province of HeroQuest (second edition along with a new Sartar book due out "soon")...

-:).

You should be getting some news about that on Monday.

Jeff

I want toapologize about some of my past words : sartar book seems amazing !

But you did not speak about the great argrath campaign. Is this project disappeared ?

"The Great Argrath Campaign" is Greg Staffords child.
Which means:
It will take more time than the normal roleplayer is willing to wait for, BUT when it appears it will be the best book for Glorantha you have seen!

Back