Your chance to vote in a settigs poll that will...

Which setting would you most like to see done in MRQ??

• Conan

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Beowulf/Dark Ages

• Earthsea

• Monkey (Baboons NNA!)

• Discworld

• Renaissance Italy/7th Sea (noop)

• John Carter Warlord of Mars

• A good :lol: D&D setting

• Something else

• Whats a setting?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
have as little meaning as the US elections :lol: :lol:

P.S. Please try to vote only once, this isn't Florida you know.

If you vote 'something else' try to say what.

Thank you for your participation, and may your chads never hang.

Earthsea and Conan are high on my list, but I chose a "good D&D setting" because it would be nice for the poor, hapless D&D'ers to have an easy way out of their predicament

:wink: (but also serious about it, could be a good seller)

homerjsinnott said:
The problem is, my answer would be "several, and more that aren't mentioned", so I don't see how I can vote.

EDIT: OK, I made up my mind. I'll vote "Something Else", because I think Mongoose should do it's own fantasy setting.

Earthsea and Conan are high on my list, but I chose a "good D&D setting" because it would be nice for the poor, hapless D&D'ers to have an easy way out of their predicament

I'm a little confused here; how do you make a "D&D" setting? Do you mean like an RQ adaptation of Greyhawk, Eberron or the Forgotten Realms? 'Cause we'll sure as heck never see those sorts of IPs translated to another game system any time soon. :D

SteveMND said:

I'm a little confused here; how do you make a "D&D" setting? Do you mean like an RQ adaptation of Greyhawk, Eberron or the Forgotten Realms? 'Cause we'll sure as heck never see those sorts of IPs translated to another game system any time soon. :D

Hi, Yes I meant converted/new setting and should have said that, but I wasn't sure how long I could make the question.

homerjsinnott said:
have as little meaning as the US elections :lol: :lol:

If you vote 'something else' try to say what.

Thank you for your participation, and may your chads never hang.

I cast my vote for something original, but if I was to pick others from the list there, I'd go for:

Conan (I'm not that familiar with the setting, so it would still be new to me)
Dark Ages - especially would like to see a campaign setting that was based in the historical kingdoms of Strathclyde/Rheged/Gododdin - or perhaps a fantasy version of same.
Earthsea
Central/South American based fantasy would be interesting, too.

SteveMND said:

Well, that was what I was thinking. Or more like generic guidelines for running _any_ D&D fantasy setting with RQ.

I quess you're right though. In that case, Earthsea. Not that they would get it right (I'm a big fan of the subtle and evocative feel of the Earthsea books)

My 'something else' first choice is Napoleonic era adventuring - Sharpe/Hornblower/Scarlet Pimpernel maybe Jonathan Strange & Mr Norell if it must have magic forced in there somewhere [though of course Cthulhu would adapt easily to RQ].

Of the other choices offered, I think Conan is inevitable and John Carter seems an obvious choice if the licence is available.

Flash Gordon wouldn't go amiss either.

JohnLokiBeard said:
My 'something else' first choice is Napoleonic era adventuring - Sharpe/Hornblower/Scarlet Pimpernel maybe Jonathan Strange & Mr Norell if it must have magic forced in there somewhere [though of course Cthulhu would adapt easily to RQ].

Of the other choices offered, I think Conan is inevitable and John Carter seems an obvious choice if the licence is available.

Flash Gordon wouldn't go amiss either.

Flash Gordon I see as pretty much the same as John Carter in feel and world type adventures on the empires edge type thing. Gong ho and green aliens!

What about Dark Materials?

In theory, any setting that Mongoose currently have a license for could migrate over to RQ. I'd be surprised if at least one of them didn't, even if it does piss off a few folks who would have bought the original stuff.

My vote is Stephen King's Dark Tower.

Another suggestion.

Mary Gentle's renesaense fantasy setting, the White Crow series. Hermetic magic, rapier & Musket era technology, inhuman Lovecraftian gods and large humanoid rats as overlords. Good books, intriquing setting.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mary_Gentle

I went with Conan, but it only just beat John Carter for me.

Conan, John Carter, and Lankhmar would make me very happy indeed, as would a mythic Greece setting.

cheers!
Colin

Reality Deviant Publications plans to bring the Blood Throne to the Runequest System. It was one of the setting finalists for the True20 setting search.

I believe David Jarvis at Reality Deviant Publications just filled out the necessary paperwork to begin recieve the developer's kit and commit to the license agreement today.

Can you tell us a bit more about Blood Throne? I believe it is a post apocalyptic fantasy setting? I am looking for something like that. So here is a nibble, feed us some bait...

The Blood Throne is Dave's baby. I'm still learning about it myself. He's posted some of his throughts here:

http://realitydeviantx.livejournal.com/

And in this thread:

http://www.true20.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=47

I think Dave's packed it in for the night, but I'll nudge him to this thread tomorrow.

Thank you. I just looked at the glossary. It looks very interesting. I like the basic concepts better than Eberron (which I have not bought, because I abhor the D20 system, WOTC, Hasbro and avoid buying their stuff no matter how pretty it is). Since it no longer is required I wonder if all the D&D concepts, such as gnomes, will still be included. Also, would some RQ critters replace them? How much rewrite would be necessary before release? Rhetorical questions that probably can't be answered right now, but my interest is definitely aroused. :)

In talking to Dave yesterday, he seemed committed to no simply porting the Blood Throne over from its True20 release but doing a proper conversion so it thematically fits with the Runequest ruleset.

He wants to make sure that the runequest version of Blood Throne has elements that seperate it and make it unique from its True20 release.

Back