What Books Would You Like to See

FuryMaster

Mongoose
1. The Ragged Edge Part 2- I'd like to see this story continue until at least the end of season 4!

2. Telepaths of the galaxy- Coverage of non-human telepaths with prestige classes for many races along with traditions and organizations.

3. Location Books: specific planets, cities, and stations (such as Freedom Station), I'd love to see a book devoted to a place like Praxis or Centauri Prime.

4. Corporations and Criminal Organizations of the galaxy: A gazatteer of corporations and criminal bands with full influence info along with goals, secrets, and HQ/area of operations.

5: Secret Projects of the Galaxy: A gazatteer of secret projects (such as the (Shadow X Project) from all different races of the galaxy.

FuryMaster said:
1. The Ragged Edge Part 2- I'd like to see this story continue until at least the end of season 4!

2. Telepaths of the galaxy- Coverage of non-human telepaths with prestige classes for many races along with traditions and organizations.

3. Location Books: specific planets, cities, and stations (such as Freedom Station), I'd love to see a book devoted to a place like Praxis or Centauri Prime.

4. Corporations and Criminal Organizations of the galaxy: A gazatteer of corporations and criminal bands with full influence info along with goals, secrets, and HQ/area of operations.

5: Secret Projects of the Galaxy: A gazatteer of secret projects (such as the (Shadow X Project) from all different races of the galaxy.

1. Cold Equation and Jagged Edge were such good adventures it would be ncie to see some more outings from the NPC's and following the Pc's exploits in thier new role I agree.

2. Another good Idea, a telepath book that isnt solely focused on the psi corp would be fairly interesting. I'd be more interested to hear more about telepath among the league races myself.

3. A book of Mapped Locations that I can use in my B5 games, like research centre, detention area, media station, derelict ship, corporate offices, maintentenance tunnels etc..etc...would be nice.

4. A book covering the major corporations would be an idea but many of them are listed to some extent anyway and IPX in particular is coming soon. Though a Thieves Guild book would indeed be nice :)

5. Secret Projects! what makes you think they have anything to hide...its PARANOIA! I tell you!!

Heh. At least half of those books have been mooted internally. Time will tell.

I'm alarmed at the idea of trying to do Ragged Edge II, though. It'd be tricky to come up for characters with that level of influence and still keep even vaguely close to S3/4 canon.

Here are some other titles that I'd like to sneak into the schedule:
ISN: A book on news media and reporting/investigation. It'd be half sourcebook, but would also have plenty of stuff on how to run investigation plots.

Clark Regime sourcebook: Secret police, black projects, propaganda. Life under Clark, conspiracies to overthrow him etc. B for Babylon.

The HitchHikers' Guide to the ISA: A sort of companion to the Galaxy Guide, focussing on stuff to do and places to go on each planet, written as a tourist book.

Mongoose Gar said:
Heh. At least half of those books have been mooted internally. Time will tell.

I'm alarmed at the idea of trying to do Ragged Edge II, though. It'd be tricky to come up for characters with that level of influence and still keep even vaguely close to S3/4 canon.

Here are some other titles that I'd like to sneak into the schedule:
ISN: A book on news media and reporting/investigation. It'd be half sourcebook, but would also have plenty of stuff on how to run investigation plots.

Clark Regime sourcebook: Secret police, black projects, propaganda. Life under Clark, conspiracies to overthrow him etc. B for Babylon.

The HitchHikers' Guide to the ISA: A sort of companion to the Galaxy Guide, focussing on stuff to do and places to go on each planet, written as a tourist book.

It would be ncie to have some adventures from a non "generic" view point too, such as a Minbari oriented adventure, or an adventure for the Narn during the second occupation or some such.

To me, what would be the most useful and interesting wouldn't realy be a gaming book. It would be the B5 encyclopedia. On in a format similar to the Star Trek encyclopedia: alphabetised, in a single book with mention of the source of the info. THAT would help a LOT.

A detailed chronology (once again the Star Trek Chronology formula was good) would be very nice too.

@Vortex, Matthew mentioned the B5 encyclopedia at the last tourney, seems to be a go IIRC.

And I know what I'd like to see, a proper 1st to 2nd Edition conversion document.

LBH

I would like to see a book that would flesh out the ground units and infantry units and gear of the various races. I cant see these races with such developed space navys without having their own infantry, tanks , artillery or other equipment to help defend and secure their land holdings or what they would use to assault other planets with. I know earth force had the gropos, but specifics to what they had for gear, weapons and vehicles would make a difference.

Ok, books I'd like to see in no particular order:

Stuff - A 2 e version of the Zocolo book, fleshed out. There's a galaxy of gadgets, trinkets and artifacts out there, and a book to help flesh all that out would be handy. Anything from a low-watt Narn lightbulb to Technomage-crafted weaponry, from self-refrigerating Centauri goblets to Shadow artifacts. Also this would be a good place for trader and crafter prestige classes.

Mindwalkers - JMS has said that he's got an outline of G'Quon's crusade, and the Mindwalker's last battles. Even without access to those notes, this would make an interesting adventure. It'd also give the PCs a chance to do something different, as well as be a part of history. This could either be a short game, like Cold Equations detailing the final battle, or a lengthy campaign involving everything from the Shadows' arrival to the final climactic push.

Megacorps - A book detailing the megacorps. I don't know if it's been done before (Merchants, Traders and Raiders, maybe?) but a book that takes a look at them in broad strokes would be very helpful. How did they get so much money? How diversified are they, and what else are they into? What are some common practices they use for circumventing local law in whatever system they are operating in? How large a hand do they have in EarthGov and elsewhere? In addition to this, alien megacorps could be examined (the Brakhiri, for a start).

Telepathy - A book detailing telepathy across the galaxy. Not just Psi Corp (though Psi Corp does need to be included in a 2e book), but how each race deals with telepaths. Race specific telepathy powers (such as a Brakhiri's advanced surface scan to use while bargaining, or a Minbari Warrior's battlemind, or what have you). Race specific telepath prestige classes, and non-Psi Corp prestige classes, not to mention low-P level prestige classes. The Telepath War and its impact on Earth could also go here.

Hyperspace - This one seems out there (but then I thought playable Technomages or God help us playable Vorlons were out there too), but a book on hyperspace would be interesting. If the Well of Forever ep. of Crusade is any indication, hyperspace has a lot of room for just about anything. Ghost ships, temples, graveyards, ancient treasure vaults, monsters, Psi Corp motherships, not even to mention Vorlon pockets and Shadow vessels. This would also be a good place to include travel times based on engine size/speed, complications that could arise on even a mundane journey, off-the-beacon travel (whether it's luck, following a Shadow ship, or some alien tech), and any number of locations for weridness to happen. Even off-the-beacon jumpgates (damaged, forgotten or deliberately hidden?), planets or even systems would fit in this book.

Outside the Timeline - 2e is timeline neutral, but a book that fleshes out both before (Dilgar War, In the Beginning and the time between the Battle of the Line and B5 going online) and after (Telepath War as well as Call to Arms/Crusade) would be helpful.

Advanced Tech/Black Projects - FuryMaster mentioned this and I want to second it. A book that talks about what each race is currently developing as its cutting edge tech, as well as black projects from each race associated with the tech race would be a very fertile ground for plot hooks. Every project would have numerous angles for a GM, and would also help to flesh out what each race considers top priority and what they're missing out on.

ISN - I will also second Mongoose Gar's ISN book. I'd LOVE a book that fleshed out ISN's operations, as well as material to allow my PCs to work for someone other than a corp or a government. (Not that they can't already, but a journalist is still a great PC idea...)

Vicker - This isn't a book, but I think a Vicker prestige class included somewhere would be cool. And it seems like a cyber mod that doesn't require Vorlon intervention, so it might even be possible. Photographic memory can be a pain for a GM, but the idea of a prestige class with Investigate and Notice as prerequisites makes me happy. Class feats would probably include various things one could record (light, sound, thoughts, etc), recording times w/o channging data crystals, and other goodies.

It would be ncie to have some adventures from a non "generic" view point too, such as a Minbari oriented adventure, or an adventure for the Narn during the second occupation or some such.

I second this...I found it difficult to integrate two players in the game of "cold equations" I ran...a centauri (diplomat) and a telepath (P7 Psi corp) The centauri kept having conflicts with the narn player, and the telepath called B5 security on the rest of the party!

Ragged edge seems to be written assuming the party is full of humans, or people who don't have big racial interaction problems. Something to think about in future published adventures is tips to run the game using non-human characters...what kind of motivations would a centauri have to play in ragged edge, for instance?

Chern

No idea if it's been covered in the 2nd Ed book, but I'd like to see a book covering The Gathering, Thirdspace, River of Souls (okay, maybe not River of Souls)and the Telepath War. As well as a book or even an adventure about those ships that make jump-gates and explore the Rim. Isn't there meant to be a book with NPC's from Earthforce out soon also? I want stuff for Jack Maynard. Oh, and telekinetics. I was kinda miffed that the TK prestige class wasn't in the Psi-Corp's book.

As well as a book or even an adventure about those ships that make jump-gates and explore the Rim.

You get your wish in February. The Rim covers exploration in great detail, and has LOADS of story hooks for you to use.

Bry

Woudl like to see stats of the other leauge races which havent been full fluffed out (A number of the ones mentioned int he League fact book for instance).
Also seeing the rest of the 1st ed prestige classes converted to 2nd
And off course.... more classes.

Chernobyl said:
Ragged edge seems to be written assuming the party is full of humans, or people who don't have big racial interaction problems. Something to think about in future published adventures is tips to run the game using non-human characters...what kind of motivations would a centauri have to play in ragged edge, for instance?

Initially, cash; the first adventure also shows that Autumn Shipping is working with the Centauri government as a backdoor diplomatic channel to the Narn.

That said - the B5 setting is full of opposed groups and conflicts, and if the players create characters on their own, you're probably going to end up with at least one pair who are opposed to each other. It's best to either do chargen as a group, or agree to play down this antagonism for a while.

I know that Babylon 5 is meant to be more intrigue and espionage based for a rpg but I would certainly enjoy having the gropos and other military equipment fleshed out. Or equipment that could help outposts defend themselves from raiding enemys. I look back to the episode where they decided to visit psi corp hq on Mars , or the gropos episode.

Back