Wave 2 Releases

MongooseMatt

Administrator
Staff member
Hi guys,

Wave two has arrived at our warehouse and will soon be shipping to distributors! However, the On Sale date will be moved to the 16th, for two reasons. First, we have been asked to move it to avoid a Wizkids release. Second, as a by-product of this, we will be able to have a worldwide release date, with Europe getting their box sets at the same time as the US.

Yes well maybe. As a person who knows nothing about the gaming industry why should it matter if somebody else releases something at the same time? Surely most of the first units sold would be going to people who pre-ordered/already played the game. Why does it matter if it gets realsed everywhere at the same time, local conditions mean tha not every body is going to have it on the same day anyway.

You're moving the Wave 2 release to avoid conflicting with the Hellboy box set release? I'm not really seeing the conflict, I must admit. And since WK has gone to exclusive distribution through Alliance, that's the only distributor who would be affected. My FLGS orders through them, so my figs would have been delayed, but I feel bad making everyone else wait too... :)

msprange said:
Hi guys,

Wave two has arrived at our warehouse and will soon be shipping to distributors! However, the On Sale date will be moved to the 16th, for two reasons. First, we have been asked to move it to avoid a Wizkids release. Second, as a by-product of this, we will be able to have a worldwide release date, with Europe getting their box sets at the same time as the US.

Wonder if they'd do the same for you?

SIGH.

You know, I'd delay things more. Of your own accord. Thats really gonna be great! People love delays. Seriously.

Oh well. Time to push anouther Demo back. Again.

makes it hard for some stored to do a new release section if to much gets released that week, better to get BF-evo out on a different week than an other prepaint launch, best for store and distributer as the stores can only order so much in a week.

*sigh*

Yes... But for releases that have already been pushed back?

At this rate, I am excited I will have the advanced rules by gencon!

Either way, looks like i will be proxying shadows! To walmart i go!

very disappointed myself, gives my brother yet another excuse not to buy me my birthday present yet again

my local store owner says that he finds Mongoose are constantly experiencing delays. Whether in their control or not, this is tarnishing their image I fear.

Mr Evil said:
makes it hard for some stored to do a new release section if to much gets released that week, better to get BF-evo out on a different week than an other prepaint launch, best for store and distributer as the stores can only order so much in a week.

You can't REALLY belive that logic, right? They are holding off for the HELLBOY clix box?

By your logic, they sould only release one box of figures a month, due to the strain it might put on the retailers shelves.

I'm not bothering anymore. Anyone that says anything about the delays just gets jumped on by a rabid mongoose supporter. (Rabid...mongoose supporter. Sounds like a bad jock strap joke.)

So is there any chance they will be in stock in america any sooner because you say they will be on there way to distributors

Superjaded said:
Mr Evil said:

You can't REALLY belive that logic, right? They are holding off for the HELLBOY clix box?

By your logic, they sould only release one box of figures a month, due to the strain it might put on the retailers shelves.

I'm not bothering anymore. Anyone that says anything about the delays just gets jumped on by a rabid mongoose supporter. (Rabid...mongoose supporter. Sounds like a bad jock strap joke.)

OK, take a deep breath. Now exhale. Remember: calm blue ocean, calm blue ocean... I agree with you, and even I think you're overreacting. Or that you've never known the pain of actually being jumped on by a rabid mongoose :).

And to be scrupulously fair, Hellboy is just the only WK release that I know of for next week. There might be more that I haven't heard of. OTOH, Hellboy isn't a new game: it's a fixed set for HeroClix and HorrorClix. That makes it about as cheap as anything WK sells, and I can't imagine too many stores are hosting events to celebrate the release.

when doese the AVP stuff come out ? there is a aliens box and a preditor box due out from them isnt their ?

also dont forget mongoose are doing hteir bit , its the distributers this time. once shops buy this stuff and people support it more than hero clix gets support then we will get presidence. also comming soon is a new version of magic or somthing :?

Mr Evil said:
when doese the AVP stuff come out ? there is a aliens box and a preditor box due out from them isnt their ?

also dont forget mongoose are doing hteir bit , its the distributers this time. once shops buy this stuff and people support it more than hero clix gets support then we will get presidence. also comming soon is a new version of magic or somthing :?

AVP stuff is all out already. Or at least until the end of the convention season, when they'll see how much backstock of Aliens and Predators sets they have; for now those are available by mail order only, and the latest has been available since March 1. (There has been a problem with Predators sets going to the EU, so those become available April 1. But again, only by mail order, not through stores.)

WK only has one distributor: Alliance/Diamond. (OK, those might be two legally distinct companies, I'm not sure. But they have the same ownership, and are tied at the hip.) So Alliance might have asked for a delay to accomodate WK, but none of the other distributors in the U.S. have. And Magic isn't out until the beginning of May, not that that would be a great excuse either.

Look, I don't mind if Mongoose wants to release the game simultaneously and delays for that reason. It even lets them pile up a little more backstock so there won't be shortages. But politely letting another company poach your release date just seems a little silly to me...

Back