Wave 2 Releases

Gibbs said:
But for some purposes, units in vehicles don't count as being on the board and so don't need their leader.

Alternatively you could put both unit leaders in the 4 RPG strong technical and then the other two can loose the two turns then nominate their own unit leader. :)

Ah, but you can't nominate a new unit leader if your original leader is still on the table. The question is whether models in vehicles count as still on the table for this purpose; I assume they do because they still count for Shatter limits. And you can't voluntarily end an action outside of command range, so you can't leave the extra truck behind.

Besides, this all sounds very impressive, until you realize that you still only have a 34% chance of taking out a T-99 (on a kill, I suppose it goes up a bit for enough target/failed save combinations), a 0% chance of taking out any other tank, and a single 8 or two 6's is going to ruin your whole day. I think the extra +1 for dismounting makes up for the loss of mobility; the extra ability to hug cover and avoid one-shot kills are just gravy.

Not though that it is only the model that is out of command that cannot use the two actions...the rest of the unit can.

You are right... although 4D10+1 is impressive it only has a 10% chance of killing off a type 99 instantly. That's why there are four shots. Create several of these and you have some very dangerous vehicles. Also excelletn anti infantry weapons.

One or two sixes may be problematic but one 10 and there goes the type 99. My main opponent plays PLA... that's where this thought is coming from. Besides... if you get close enough and a type 99 destroys your technical... if the leader survives its IED time! :twisted:

Back