Wave 2 Releases

least they let us know i guese, tis a real shame in some ways but doese mean i can do a demo on release day now , as befor it was set for the same day as doubles tourny.

i do think the delays mongoose have are shocking, as PP doesnt realy have this problem any more.

Just picked up some of the Wave Two release and must say...WHY ARE THE MEA TECHNICALS TRUCKS SO SMALL??? For the amount of money we are paying for these and to support the game, the least they can do is get the size correct! They have width issues or what? Which started with the tanks is carrying over to the others. I also was able to see the Shadows, and looks like same issues. I was very much looking forward to these. Guess I will buy one set and use the card for HMMWVs I have that are at least closer to scale and feel normal.

Sorry for the rant, I really,really like this game just not real happy with what I am getting in return. Either lower the price or try to size them better. :cry:

Dorb said:
Just picked up some of the Wave Two release and must say...WHY ARE THE MEA TECHNICALS TRUCKS SO SMALL??? For the amount of money we are paying for these and to support the game, the least they can do is get the size correct! They have width issues or what? Which started with the tanks is carrying over to the others. I also was able to see the Shadows, and looks like same issues. I was very much looking forward to these. Guess I will buy one set and use the card for HMMWVs I have that are at least closer to scale and feel normal.

Sorry for the rant, I really,really like this game just not real happy with what I am getting in return. Either lower the price or try to size them better. :cry:

Just picked them up from where?

Dorb said:

ummmmm the scale is spot on !!!!!

i got a 1/64 scale hilux and there pretty much bang on for size.

you should be releived there not over sized like every body else does., thank god its right.

ive had mine for like 2 months now, trust me once there on the table there fine. if people understood there to scale and not dramatic proportions i wouldnt have such a hight post count im sure.

this 1/48 scale theory people have is total rubish and people have banded around it for years as it looked right against space marines and imperial guardsmen who looked in scale with 1/35th vehicles..

you have to admit though the wave 2 stuf is nicly painted isnt it.

and befor anybody asks about the bit that looks like its not moulded on the warrior, thats normal that is actualy how a warrior looks, if you havnt noticed it give your self a pat on the back for not being picky :)

At Local store...40+ miles away. And yes I was suprised they had them. Must make up for how late they were with the first wave. :roll:

Correct scale...not on my watch...must be the english/metric thing they talked about way back in my wee years.

DSCF0115.jpg

The Bradley is 1/64th which looks good with the other APC's.

DSCF0119.jpg

Works ok...if you have a bunch of clowns at the circus and they have to fit in this car / truck. 8 people with guns...I dont think so.

DSCF0114.jpg

DSCF0121.jpg

DSCF0116.jpg

I'll ask my little nephew for his little matchbox / hotwheels cars to use and save myself some money. I think I would rather have some a little bigger / wider. - Thats all. :wink:

Hey, even look at Superjaded's post. They even show some of these perps to scale with a truck that happens to look alot like the ones mongoose makes. (maybe he has a squad of Dwarf MEA...only 1/2 the points cost??? :lol: )

Anyway, I'm done with my rant, just kinda bummed. Yes I will continue to purchase more of this "pre-painted minis" crack.

Game on! 8)

Now for the big question Dorb...do the wheels spin? :lol:

No seriously....

Wave 2's postponement is very annoying however it may not affect everyone as some may have already been shipped around the place before the evil people at WZ stopped them...

DAMN YOU WIZKIDS...your clix aren't even that well painted and they dont turn properly.

Okay...anger supsiding...I'm back to my normal self again.

I'd just like to say thank's to MGP for being manly about this and letting the ladies go first. :lol:

Dorb said:
Hey, even look at Superjaded's post. They even show some of these perps to scale with a truck that happens to look alot like the ones mongoose makes. (maybe he has a squad of Dwarf MEA...only 1/2 the points cost??? :lol: )

Actually, I wonder if he does. (No, seriously, hear me out.) I'm 6'4", and can see over most cars made. These guys are all wearing 3-5" heels (the base), and they are at eye level with the top of the truck. I would guess the problem is that, in the "real world MEA", men aren't generally 6 feet tall. Clearly, one of the benefits of regional organization has been better nutrition, which is why their kids have sprouted up like that...

Gibbs said:
DAMN YOU WIZKIDS...your clix aren't even that well painted and they dont turn properly.

Hey now, in Mechwarrior the arms all move and they turn at the waist. Which is why I know what some people are talking about when they say they risk ridicule for "playing with action figures". I just don't care :).

take the bases of, and spot on id say, the thing is the MEA are a little over sized as they were scaled to a 6'2" guy by acident.

They do look ok when on the table with other stuff, as Evil has said.
My problem was they are two skinny!!! Maybe the trucks are based on Ford Rangers or other little utility trucks.

Maybe they should mount all the vehicles on bases?

Xorrandor you have to play basketball! (i think its a law when your that tall)
NCAA Final Four today...GO BUCS! :lol:

M2A2 Bradley is from the Corgi - Tactical Strike series. 1/64th Scale.
You can find thm on ebay. I just landed 3 of them for $41.00 in the lastweek!

I agree Jellicoe, gonna have to go back and look for that post again from Evil.

Tredrick said:
Toyota Hilux Dimensions

Some quick conversions to 1:64 scale:

Length: 82mm
Width: 28.5mm
Height: 28mm

If ya got one, get measuring.

ok my red one

height = 28mm and a smidge
length = 82mm not including bull bars
width = 28mm and a smidge (measuring the bottm as is easier to do)

pretty spot on actualy !! actualy shocked me as its suposed to be 1/65 scale not 1/64 but then there is so little difernce between the 2 any way. i spose and any differance is to small for my human eye to pick up on a glance

IF true...then the MEA really need to field a Basketball team.
:lol:

I too am in sales, way to tout the company line. :roll:

Just don't drink the punch. :wink:
http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/thumb/9/99/01-jones-jim.jpg/220px-01-jones-jim.jpg

I'm 6'6 and standing next to the Toyota I pretty much tower over it. The width in the picture does look a little narrow though but that is likely an optical illusion.

Back