Voting the fate of Shadizar's cartographer

Which punishment do you find appropriate for the con artist?

• Impalement (with a spear)

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Crucify him and bring some vultures to eat him alive (Conan scene)

• Boiling him alive

• Making him eat his fake maps

• Beheading (this is Mongoose's proposal)

• Stoning, skinning and gouging out his eyes

• Hanging, burning the feet and ticking his belly

• Drowing him above R'lyeh where Cthulhu dreams infinitely

• Nothing, We are civilized people, aren't we?

• Total voters

The King

Cosmic Mongoose
Considering the delay now occuring in the Conan production line, I believe many of us would like to judge the guy responsible for this. As we are in a democracy let us choose the kind of punishment we would like to apply.

Hmmm, needs an 'Other' category. I would have gone for Vlad style impailment, where the stake is blunt... Takes longer that way.

The Auld Grump, Cthulhu can have the remains...

I am sorry, but it took me over 2 hours just to select a few punishing methods. Of course all new ideas are welcome, but you have to be informed that my (royal) executionner knows only the sentences I have listed. All other kinds of treatment will probably inflict more pain on the condemned person than the punishment firstly decided.

Your highness also missed "Weeks of public denegration and humiliation on a corporate messageboard, followed by loss of career."

That, plus Mongoose being compensated appropriately, will suffice for me (even though it's been ages since I've been to a good ol' fashion hangin').

How about tattooing him with his own maps and using poison ink (nice slow poison of course) and a rusty needle!

The King said:
Considering the delay now occuring in the Conan production line, I believe many of us would like to judge the guy responsible for this. As we are in a democracy let us choose the kind of punishment we would like to apply.

Has it been established that the delay in the production line is directly attributable to this map situation?

Jason Durall said:
The King said:

Has it been established that the delay in the production line is directly attributable to this map situation?

Got to be somebody's fault. Might as well be theirs.

Whatever happened to a good old fashioned tar and feathering? Shot and quartering? Throwing on the rack? Iron Maiden? Thumbscrews? Chinese Water Torture? People have no grasp of the classics these days :lol: .

Meh, I'll take human sacrifice anyways. Long live Cthulhu!

Jason Durall said:
The King said:

No, this wasn't established but it could be likely if this guy has drawn the maps of the coming sourcebooks. Nobody would like to see Messantia as the reprint of another Forgotten Realms city.

The King said:

When it comes to punishment, consider this: on the Internet everything is indexed and everything is archived, and this bloke has a relatively distinct name. (His name's been mentioned on ENWorld but I won't repeat it here, since I don't believe it's my place).

All of which means that every time he goes for any kind of job for the rest of his life, his prospective employers might Google him and conclude that he is dishonest and untrustworthy.

Much as I think that what he's done stinks, that's already one hell of a punishment.

Jonny Nexus said:
...All of which means that every time he goes for any kind of job for the rest of his life, his prospective employers might Google him and conclude that he is dishonest and untrustworthy.

Much as I think that what he's done stinks, that's already one hell of a punishment.
He is indeed probably blown for the RPG industry but game isn't all. If the artist is quite capable when he doesn't plagiarize he can still find easily another employment.
Of course we could tatoo his head but the internet doesn't show faces.

Hi you all!
I've just posted a similar message in the othe section of this stolen map stuff.
Just a small word to let you know I did the maps for the Messantia book and they are NOT copied/stolen/plagiarized from anywhere.
I expect the line is not delayed too much, specially because of this.

Thanks to all.

Jesus

I can't begin to answer this question, because I don't know if the artist contracted to draw the map is one same person who originally drew the map that was used.

Faraer said:
I can't begin to answer this question, because I don't know if the artist contracted to draw the map is one same person who originally drew the map that was used.
In the topic Shadizar Boxed Set Map, on page 10, ssspaladin (aka Anthony Pryor) tells he is the original drawer of the map. On the EnWorld forum one can learn than the map has been modified a bit with colour figuring grass now representing desert and Matt confirms he has been conned.

Jesus Barony said:
Hi you all!
I've just posted a similar message in the othe section of this stolen map stuff.
Just a small word to let you know I did the maps for the Messantia book and they are NOT copied/stolen/plagiarized from anywhere.
I expect the line is not delayed too much, specially because of this.

Thanks to all.

Jesus

Great!

Back