varient charts for combat

Why does the attacking weapon takes damage when attacker misses and defender had success and it takes no damage when both had success? :roll:
Doesn't sound realistic to me.

Question about weapons taking damage:

Is there any mention on the rules when and how much weapons take damage in combat? Only thing I found out was something about when using weapons against inanimated objects.

Here are my view on the subject.

Attack :

*Failure : Attack fails
*Success : Attack inflicts normal damage
*Critical success : Attack inflicts maximum damage (or maybe double damage)

Parry :

*Failure : No effect on attack
*Success : Adds weapon's AP to character's armor
*Critical success : Adds 2x weapon's AP to character's armor. If the character has 2 weapons equiped, he can make a Riposte with the other weapon as a Reaction.

Dodge :

Simply an opposed test between the attacker and the defender.

DerLautrer said:
Why does the attacking weapon takes damage when attacker misses and defender had success and it takes no damage when both had success? :roll:
Doesn't sound realistic to me.

The defending weapon has been moved to a better postion(hitting flat off blade) to damage the attacking weapon.In sucess v sucess niether takes damage as both are consided equally well placed.
In RQ3/2 the attacking weapon would always damage the defending weapon in a parry but theMRQ rules have to me a differant feel to them sacrficing reality for simple playability.
As for damaging weapons i would use damage -ap of weapon applied to the hit points off the weapon taking damage(you could get complicated and start comparing ap to ap as inanimate objects)

Yeah, that was an old RQ thing. Imagine the movies where one guy lunges, misses badly and the other guy chops the blade in half. If you can hit/deflect an attack just right, you can do some serious damage to the attacker's weapon. You can even deflect it so that the attacker strikes a wall or some other object.

Back