Traveller: Warships of the Major Races

Llaeknuegh

Mongoose
For campaigns set in the OTU, military campaigns and especially navy campaigns are very attractive. Another option for OTU role play games are of course free traders, smugglers or even pirates. And with those awesome Alien Modules referees are able to transfer all those campaign ideas into alien settings.

However, I feel a certain element lacking for all those ideas. What will the imperial navy encounter, when engaging the next Vargr statelet, which gets a bit too ambitious? On what kind of warship is a Zhodani player character able to serve? Which ships of the Aslan are going to stop the player characters pirate ship?

Of course referees are able to come up with any kind of warship due to the construction rules from High Guard. And I guess many will do so to complement already published designs for the major races. But another supplement with exemplary warships of the major races would be something I'd really appreciate! Histories, pictures and deck plans enable the players I know to really play a pirate encountering a Zhodani patrol, play a Vargr marine or an imperial captain engaging an Aslan fleet.

I can't speak for others, but I would spent money for such a supplement. ;-)

And minatures please! :mrgreen:

I am assuming there's no legal reason they can't produce Traveller ship mini's is there?

Rules I'm not that fussed about, but miniatures I'd buy in a heartbeat for traveller. Both the 'classics' and some much more generic craft to the same scale that could be used for pretty much anything.

If you're after ships try and find "fighting ships of the shattered imperium", then for bonus points try an replicate any of them using the MT UCP rules.

Back