Thunder River??

I wasn't trying to " attack " Mongoose and wasn't criticising the quality of the line , I'm in full agreement that it's one of the best RPG's in ages , in fact it's the game that renewed my interest in roleplaying .
As a customer , surely I'm allowed to express an opinion . If I've come across as excessively negative then I apologise to the Mongoose staff , I just can't wait for each new release and get frustrated when stuff gets pushed back for a month . I hadn't seen the threads mentioned above because I only read the Conan forum , but I'm less likely to do so much if people are going to personally attack me . A forum is supposed to be an open platform for discussion , not an excuse to insult people whose opinions differ from your own . If someone disagrees with an opinion expressed here then say so by all means , but getting personal and abusive doesn't do any of us justice .

What is the status of the book? Has it gone to the printers yet?

Official word is that it's washed down a huge river and gone over a waterfall and accidentally fallen through a gap in time back to the Cretaceous. It was embossed in specially treated and titanium coated polyurethane, so as soon as some herbivore eats it and craps it out, paleontologists in Wyoming are standing by to dig for the coprolite, chip out the titanium coated polyurethane "book core" and then ... zip!...off to the printers...

:shock:

Nope. Mongoose figured that the dinosaurs were going to be extinct anyway, so that wasn't deemed necessary.

RPG publishing is a harsh business...

This has been a really entertaining thread...but a fundamental question has still not been answered...

Do we have an estimated release date yet?

I'm thrilled to hear about the new maps. I can't wait to see them. Certainly I want to see a quality product rather than a hastily released one. If the book doesn't come out until Nov.30, that's fine.

Just throw me a bone here people...

Sutek said:
Nope. Mongoose figured that the dinosaurs were going to be extinct anyway, so that wasn't deemed necessary.

RPG publishing is a harsh business...
So we exactly know the reason of the exinction of the dinosaurs. Thank you very much Sutek. Today science has done great progress in unveiling the dark past of our earth. Please a Nobel Award for Sutek.

toothill man said:
thats fine but the scientists want too see him swallow it :twisted: :lol:
hence the expression from the Bangles: walk like an Egyptian. :lol:
They shouldn't have worshiped that many gods at the same time.

Anonymous said:
This has been a really entertaining thread...but a fundamental question has still not been answered...

I'm thrilled to hear about the new maps. I can't wait to see them. Certainly I want to see a quality product rather than a hastily released one. If the book doesn't come out until Nov.30, that's fine.

I ordered Across Thuder River from Mongoose along with the AE and free companies and Mark in sales emailed me that he would send AE and ATR early this weekand Free companies when it becomes available. I got the email Friday, 8/10, so I guess release date must be real soon! Can't wait!

Aaron

cornelius said:
I wasn't trying to " attack " Mongoose and wasn't criticising the quality of the line , I'm in full agreement that it's one of the best RPG's in ages , in fact it's the game that renewed my interest in roleplaying .
As a customer , surely I'm allowed to express an opinion . If I've come across as excessively negative then I apologise to the Mongoose staff , I just can't wait for each new release and get frustrated when stuff gets pushed back for a month . I hadn't seen the threads mentioned above because I only read the Conan forum , but I'm less likely to do so much if people are going to personally attack me . A forum is supposed to be an open platform for discussion , not an excuse to insult people whose opinions differ from your own . If someone disagrees with an opinion expressed here then say so by all means , but getting personal and abusive doesn't do any of us justice .

As you know, we very rarely moderate here and that's because we want our customers to express their opinions. When we are slow in coming back, it's not because we don't care, it's because the way we work at Mongoose keeps us very busy!

Once you put your head over the parapet though, you have to expect a few things coming back. It goes with the territory, I'm afraid.

AZZA said:
Anonymous said:

I ordered Across Thuder River from Mongoose along with the AE and free companies and Mark in sales emailed me that he would send AE and ATR early this weekand Free companies when it becomes available. I got the email Friday, 8/10, so I guess release date must be real soon! Can't wait!

Aaron

The reason that Free Companies will be a touch late is simply that Shannon Kalvar's brand new son turned out to be an extremely demanding little chap. So much so that Shannon has had to step back from full time writing for the foreseeable future, although he will still be contributing to S&P from time to time. It's just another example of how Real Life (TM) can get in the wayof my production schedule :!: :(

are you or someone else looking over conan during his standing down time or will this have a knock on effect on the next bunch of releases?

toothill man said:
are you or someone else looking over conan during his standing down time or will this have a knock on effect on the next bunch of releases?

We have two new staff writers, JC Alvarez and Greg Lynch. Greg in particular will feature heavily in the Conan line and has already written the Messantia boxed set.

Mongoose Old Bear said:
We have two new staff writers, JC Alvarez and Greg Lynch. Greg in particular will feature heavily in the Conan line and has already written the Messantia boxed set.
What does that mean "already"? Is it completely finished before even Shadizar? Then why wouldn't you schedule it for December?
Anyway it's a very good idea because the location is rife for many adventures: the sea and the pirates, the end course - or the beginning - of the Road of Kings (with everything implied), the nearby warlike Zingara and the forest of ghouls.

The King said:
What does that mean "already"? Is it completely finished before even Shadizar? Then why wouldn't you schedule it for December?
Anyway it's a very good idea because the location is rife for many adventures: the sea and the pirates, the end course - or the beginning - of the Road of Kings (with everything implied), the nearby warlike Zingara and the forest of ghouls.

:lol: It's probably not ready for publishing. Writing is only one step in the process, albiet an important one. There's proofreading, editing, re-writes, artwork, layouts, cartography, etc.

Of course, they could have Shadizar, Free Companies and Messantia already printed and boxed up in a secret warehouse hidden deep under Mongoose Central. They could just be toying with us, pushing release dates back and giggling over the forum posts...

:p

Darth Mikey said:
Of course, they could have Shadizar, Free Companies and Messantia already printed and boxed up in a secret warehouse hidden deep under Mongoose Central. They could just be toying with us, pushing release dates back and giggling over the forum posts... :p
A new kind of marketing and merchandising technics: just to make us dependant of the release. :shock: :lol:

Across Thunder River and Free Companies have both been pushed back a month :( Still delays is better than low quality :)

Don't worry about the push back too much - think of it as less of a month and more of a week or so. There was a slight delay in US Customs (again), but that has been the only delay!

msprange said:
Don't worry about the push back too much - think of it as less of a month and more of a week or so. There was a slight delay in US Customs (again), but that has been the only delay!
Do you mean you ship the books from the States rather than from good old England?

Back