The VISION! SST Invades Kublacon 2008

kirkmex

Mongoose
IT'S ON!!!

2008 is the beginning of a new era for Starship Troopers!!! :twisted:

And what better way to ring in the new year for SST, than running the BIGGEST GAME THIS SIDE OF KLENDATHU at Kublacon 2008!!!!

"What are you talking about kirkmex????" you may be asking yourself?

Well in the past I've run fairly large games at the SanFrancisco based game convention, Kublacon, and I've had the pleasure of running these games in the presence of ANDY CHAMBERS and MATT SPRANGE. Well this year I plan on making the game BIGGER THAN EVER!

"So why this post?"

I want the SST community to inspire and motivate me to accomplish the goals I've set for myself. I figured if I post all my goals here, as well as updates with pics and such of my progress as well as YOUR comments and, if need be, the occassional "hey kirkmex, get yer arse in gear".... I should be able to get everything done on time.

The convention is 3+ months away, but I have a VERY BUSY work and personal life so 3 months really isn't that much time. So for Starters (tonight anyway) here is my propossed Miniatures "cast" that I want to see on the Table top for Kubla 08. * i plan on constantly updating this post with my progress as often as i can. i would guess 2-3 times a week*

----------------------- KUBLACON 08 BIG GAME---------------------------
MOBILE INFANTRY
*standard MI Squad (8 squads - 6 Troops ea - 2 special weapons a squad)
8 squads built * 4 squads painted * OBJECTIVE NOT REACHED

*LAMI Squad (10 squads - 10 Troops ea, 2 special weapons a squad)
10 squads built * 10 squads painted * OBJECTIVE COMPLETED

*APE Marauder (4 marauders - ea solo)
2 built * 1 painted *OBJECTIVE NOT REACHED

*CHICKENHAWK Marauder (4 marauders - ea solo)
4 built * 0 painted *OBJECTIVE NOT REACHED

idea behind MI: I want 2 use the basic LAMI and MI squads as well as both MARAUDER types to bring a bit of "Heavy" to the force. All and all, i feel the models i picked are very easy to learn for the "newbies" that will be taking part in the game.

BUGS
*Warrior Bugs (10 squads - 15 bugs ea)
8 squads built * 7 squads painted * OBJECTIVE NOT REACHED

*Blister/Blaster Bugs (12 squads - 5 bugs ea)
12 squads built * 0 squads painted * OBJECTIVE NOT REACHED

*Tanker Bugs (3 Tankers - ea solo)
3 built * 3 painted * OBJECTIVE COMPLETE

*Plasma Bug (2 plasma bugs - ea solo)
2 built * 2 painted * OBJECTIVE COMPLETE

*Hopper Bugs (5 squads - 3 bugs ea)
5 squads built * 3 squads painted * OBJECTIVE NOT REACHED

so far, these are the mini's I plan on using in the BIG GAME. Nothing crazy or rules "heavy" just simple basic models to teach players basic rules with "core" models.

Lemme know whatcha think? pics comming mid-late next week. :wink:
-------------------------------UPDATES--------------------------------------
2-7: Finished Building ALL 60 Blister/Blaster Bugs (im sick of touching these things :lol: )

shotgun-toting chipmunk said:
:shock:

How big will the table be?

Im planning on a 4x10 or possibly as large as a 4x16 or 18.

Regardless, the increments of the table is in modular 2x4 sections, so I'm shooting to complete a 4x10 table and if I have time, slowly adding 2 ft sections to the table to hopefully reach the 4x16 goal.

i will be adding my terrain section to this post as well in the weeks to come. I just have to focus on the mini's first. If I run out of time, I can always use my old terrain as a back up.

Back