Stay Frosty or Alertness ?

Travian

Mongoose
Hi!

Can somebody say me why i should take "Stay Frosty" when i can take "Alertness"? In my opinion is Alertness better, than the complete unit can react in 12"! A Sergant (for example) with Stay Frosty can react in 12" alone but when i will give him Alertness all his men can react with him or?

Should I understand a rule wrong or is it really so simple? :)

Alertness is a Talent and so can't be taken by all models. I forget right now if Sargeants can take Talents or not, but Marauders definately can't take them for example. Also, there's always that 1 in 6 chance that your alertness roll will be 1 when you really needed the 12" reaction range.

But you haven't to roll a dice for Alertness i think... but it is a good point! So i will read again if my sergant can take talents! :)

Ahhh you mean "Sense Presence", where you get D6" to your Alert Status Range!

Btw: Where i can find it, what Taits my Officers and what my Sergant can get? I will be sure that my sergant can't get the Alertness talent. :)

ah right, I only stated using the two powers in games at the same time recently, so i got them mixed up.

In each unit's listings under Go Career! it tells you if they can take traits, talents and training. the mauraders say they can only take traits and training for example.

okay, by the LAMI Sergant stand:... may be bought heroic traits up to a... I think so he can get Training, Qualities and talents. :) Great... So I will take Alterness before I take Stay Frosty!

Thanks for help!

Because if You to combine Stay Frosty and Sense Presence, You get 12+d6" reaction range for everyone (not just one squad) within 6" of the model. Or (even better) to do it on a pathfinder, getting 2" extra and potentially react up to Morita's full range ^^.

Yes, but it increases the model's reaction range. And with sense presence model allows all allies within his comand radius to react along with him, thus utilising that extra 2" better than with alertness.

Makoto said:
Because if You to combine Stay Frosty and Sense Presence, You get 12+d6" reaction range for everyone (not just one squad) within 6" of the model. Or (even better) to do it on a pathfinder, getting 2" extra and potentially react up to Morita's full range ^^.

... wow!

okay, for my captain this will a very nice combo. :) Thx for the idea. But for a Sergant, so I think, is Alertness a better trait.

Again, depends on where the model is - keep him in the middle of the army to cover as many squads within the command range as possible and react with half the minis on table ^^.
And for sergeants I prefer the armourer training - comes in handy with all those reactions ^^

Back