Star Fleet's Finest Tournament - July 28th

Several Dreadnoughts in the last 1000pts might be the way to play as by rights they should be the best able to absorb the hits - I only have one.

Alongside frigates - Fast ships likely to be the worst affected in the final game - only takes a single Impulse crit to make that trait useless until ship repaired

Da Boss said:
Several Dreadnoughts in the last 1000pts might be the way to play as by rights they should be the best able to absorb the hits - I only have one.

Alongside frigates - Fast ships likely to be the worst affected in the final game - only takes a single Impulse crit to make that trait useless until ship repaired

wanna borrow my C8 :)

Yeah, I'd been looking at that last scenario (I like it) and had come to a similar conclusion: the D&s really suffer. D7's and D5W's could be left crippled with 4-8 DP (avg 11), the D5's 6 (avg 11) and the glorious D6's come out with minimum of 8 - not crippled - and an average 13.

I'm looking at catching those D6's before they get sent to Romulans for refit and manning them with a pile of criminals.

It's the E4 frigate flotilla's I most pity. :D

While I love the idea of attending, I'm unfortunately not a UK native. I'll be up in Canada that weekend visiting family. :-(. Have a great one though, and take lots of pictures for those of us who can't make it!

I can't see anything, but do do you want fleet lists submitted before the tournament (a bit short now, admittedly)?

A copy to you at the door? Or some other approach?

Trenchbucket said:
actually it states that you dont on the mission only the points if its crippled, so if destroyed you only get crippled values.
If they are destroyed before the game starts you don't get any points at all: "[Your opponent]...does not gain Victory Points for any ships that are destroyed before they reach the battlefield."

Of course, if you destroy a crippled ship, then you get the destroyed VP! Time for a tactical withdrawal, perhaps, to prevent the extra loss (it won't stop the points already surrendered for being crippled in the first place, of course!) :D

Back