Star Fleet Tactical Challenges Tournament - Jan 12th

Zarathustra Suicune said:
Ticket bought, just need to write out my fleet lists, it's two copies of the fleet list for each scenario right?

It is, but they can go on the same page(s).

And will the Gettysburg and Mars be on sale there?

Unfortunately we are currently out of stock of those in the UK (getting more next week, you would be welcome to pre-order!), but we have a few of the new Klingon ships.

Just to check, battle frigates are acceptable for the third game right?

Yup!

JAnd do I need to do a list of the initial ships I will be starting with for the 5th game, and do I need to do a list of the ships I will select, or are we allowed to do that on the fly?

Just the initial ships will be fine, the rest you can do on the fly.

If anyone else wants to join in this tournament (it is going to be a good 'un!), we have room for one more!

That is a shame, as the main advantage for me was that I would avoid the postage, will probably pre order them though as the train ride from reading to Swindon is probably the same/more.
Will you have any wolverines in as well? I'm thinking of picking up another one.

That is a shame, as the main advantage for me was that I would avoid the postage, will probably pre order them though as the train ride from reading to Swindon is probably the same/more.
Will you have any wolverines in as well? I'm thinking of picking up another one.

Pre-order them on Saturday, and we'll do free shipping :)

And yes, we have lots of Wolverines!

Oh, thank you, must remember to do that, will also pick up two wolverines as well, and possibly a lexington or a another constiution.. It was nice having Christmas money :p
EDIT:Was able to access the tournement pack and print it off :)
This is the first time I've been to any kind of tournement, any advice?

This is the first time I've been to any kind of tournement, any advice?

Don't let Matt post on the forum about how you've got totally LEET tactics or people won't know to go easy on you because you're new to it.

And the first round is away!

Alan has just polished off newcomer Ben's Fed Fast Cruiser in the nebula with his D5W, and Richard's Romulans faced a quick defeat against Stuart's Federation New Heavy Cruiser.

Still, will give them a chance to leaf through the preview of Fleet Update #1!

On Table 1, Andy and Ben are engaged in a very tactical pitched battle, another fed fast Cruiser versus Gorn (and it sounds like the Gorn just managed to unload a bucket of plasma!).

Okay, second round started - Formula Fleets, where pairs of ships have to 'lap' the table in opposite directions.

Richard has already twigged that by using tractor beams he can not only stop Ben's fast cruisers from getting away, but he can keep them in plasma range too!

On the top table, Andy and Stuart's Federation fleets have just met at the 'crossover' point (where both pairs meet one another head on) and carnage has taken place...

And the results are in!

1. Ben Rubery/Gorn/92 points
2. Andy Don/Federation/82 points (and best Sportsman!)
3. Stuart Excel/Federation/77 points
4. Ben Camp/Federation/61 points
5. Alan Buckmaster/Klingon/58 points
6. Richard Carr/Romulan/49 points

Six players.

I got six games in, playing everyone and then having a bonus game with Richard using the new Federation Light Dreadnought as seen on the ADB facebook page.

Andy is a very good player, and the Nebula game we had for the first game (which was time limited to an hour) went for over 20 turns, whicvh shows how quickly two people who know the system can play.

I did face a Federation DWD fleet which wasn't easy, but I did win.

All in all a fun day, and the scenarios made it a lot more challenging. Interesting scenarios definitely add to the experience.

Got a look at some of the stuff coming out soon and got myself an E5 squadron as well. Also hassled Matt about E6s and F6s, because Klingon frignaughts are ace and as generally a Klingon player I must have them.

Don't know what fleet I'll take to the next tourney. I'm thinking about Tholians or Orion, but they need more hulls and I have no Tholians and only 4 Orion ships. There might be lots of people ditching Tholian PCs and DDs when the mixed boxes come out next month.

Back