Gruffty the Hiver said:
:shock:

They're both here!

SM and 760 Patrons!

<faints from nervous exhaustion>

*Jealous*

Hardest part of starting traveller: Waiting for the new books arrive SOMEDAY to this backwater country called Finland :lol: Sometimes I swear every mail to here is carried by walk here :wink:

Gruffty the Hiver said:
ParanoidGamer said:
dafrca said:
Never ever eat Hiver, it will kill you. :? :lol:
When properly killed, prepared and cooked... Hiver still tastes like crap. ;)
...don't kill, prepare then eat a Hiver then ;)

Hmmm, that would suggest that Hiver is sushi!

(Oh yuck, I just remembered how Hivers reproduce and treat their very young. They could be sushi!)

tneva82 said:
Gruffty the Hiver said:

They're both here!

SM and 760 Patrons!

<faints from nervous exhaustion>

*Jealous*

Hardest part of starting traveller: Waiting for the new books arrive SOMEDAY to this backwater country called Finland :lol:
Monty Python wrote a nice song about Finland.... :mrgreen:

Mongoose Acolyte said:
Jeff Hopper said:
My Spinward Marches came in the mail today too!

I really like the cover illustration, but can't find out who did it because it isn't listed in the credits of the book. So who did the art? Inquiring minds want to know! :D

AAAARGH

I was sure I put that there!

AAAAAARGH!!!!!!!

Well, while you are screaming, can you put the Rhylanor subsector back into the Imperium when you do the updates for the PDF version?

Gruffty the Hiver said:
daryen said:
Well, while you are screaming, can you put the Rhylanor subsector back into the Imperium when you do the updates for the PDF version?
Oh? I hadn't notcied that...

Yeah. They missed Flammarion, Caladbolg, Gunn, and Caliburn (the Imperial worlds in the Sword Worlds subsector), too.

And Zircon can't be Imperial, as it has the sole military base for the nascent Federation of Arden.

But the big one was missing the whole Rhylanor subsector ...

daryen said:
Gruffty the Hiver said:
daryen said:

Yeah. They missed Flammarion, Caladbolg, Gunn, and Caliburn (the Imperial worlds in the Sword Worlds subsector), too.

And Zircon can't be Imperial, as it has the sole military base for the nascent Federation of Arden.
I thought there was *something* odd about those worlds, but couldn't put my finger on it (and was too cussed lazy to look the worlds up in Supp3 or SMC ;) ).
... oops ... :shock: :lol:

daryen said:
Gruffty the Hiver said:
daryen said:

Um, where are they missing? My copy of SM has all of the above in it. Could you have gotten a misprinted copy?

And if anyone knows, I'd still like to find out who did the cover art.

daryen said:
Gruffty the Hiver said:
daryen said:

I'm seeing the Rhylanor sector in my copy, and the worlds you mention seem to be there too, a second production run?

All the 16 sectors are in my copy, but every single map is mislabelled at the bottom, it has the name of the system 4 below it on the list on P. 57, and the last 4 maps have names I don't see on the list, but the planets on each sector map match the list for each sector given on the facing page.

LBH
(Beginning to think it's not worth buying from the first print run of Mongoose books anymore)

Also, when I noticed the big map shoing all 16 sectors, I noticed that part of the white flash at the bottom of the page footer impinges on to the map. No problem on that page, but it might be an issue on others, or in the future.

LBH

After a quick trip to TravellerMap.com, I don't see any discrepancies between subsectors within the Spinward Marches or those that surround it.

My copy was bought last Thursday.

Jeff Hopper said:
Um, where are they missing? My copy of SM has all of the above in it. Could you have gotten a misprinted copy?

They aren't missing from the book, they are missing from the Imperium.

My point is that the worlds in the Rhylanor subsector (and the four worlds I mention from the Sword Worlds subsector) are listed as non-aligned worlds. Which is patently wrong since they are supposed to be Imperial worlds.

They are missing from the Imperium.

(And Zircon is erroneously listed as Imperial, when it should be non-aligned.)

Again, they are in the book. They just have the wrong allegiance (which is completely obvious when you read the text of the book).

Also, just to be clear, this mistake was not make by Martin, as the allegiance information was a last second edit. Mongoose just didn't double check it.

It really isn't a biggie (as the text make the mistakes blatantly obvious). But they are mistakes.

Thunderbolt said:
daryen said:
They missed Flammarion, Caladbolg, Gunn, and Caliburn (the Imperial worlds in the Sword Worlds subsector)
I'm seeing the Rhylanor sector in my copy, and the worlds you mention seem to be there too
Oh yes, the worlds are *there* alright, they're just not shown as part of the 3I. Thiose worlds noted above, and all the worlds in Rhylanor subsector, should have an "I" (to indicate a 3I world) at the beginning of the Trade Classifications part of the UWP entry.

So ... in this case I will have to wait until they do a second, revised printing to buy it.

Which is just as well; I have to do that anyway since they didn't bother to print enough of the first one for the local B&Ns to carry them!

Jame Rowe said:
So ... in this case I will have to wait until they do a second, revised printing to buy it.

Well, I wouldn't let these mistakes deter anyone from buying it. They just aren't that significant and are completely obvious. The real value of the book is the text, not the UWPs, anyway. It is just a tremendous summation of the sector and of the Imperium. It is one of the best introductions to the overall OTU setting I have seen.

Which is just as well; I have to do that anyway since they didn't bother to print enough of the first one for the local B&Ns to carry them!

OK, I can see where that might deter you. :)

Don't forget that you can likely get it from other venues, however. I got mine from Noble Knight. Their site still shows it in stock. They have a fairly quick turn-around, too.

lastbesthope said:
Hopefully any issues can be swept up in a freely downloadable pdf for the early purchasers.
Or by judicious use of the Mk.1a marker pen in the UWPs. :wink:

Back