SM is out?

Got mine! :)

I was hoping to get it in time for the mini-con today, but ended up running another game instead... but now I'm ready to run Trav for the next one...

But maybe I should wait for 760... or Merc... or High G... ;)

lastbesthope said:
ParanoidGamer, nice to know SC:WoF is finally getting out.

LBH
Yeah, I've been waiting like forever. Now I have new SC stuff to go through while waiting with baited breath for Fantasycraft! WOOT

Hey,

I just took a flip through SM today when one of my players wanted to be from an Iced Capped world. Apparently... from what I have seen, the entire Marches has one... just one. Kwai Ching-District 268-hex 0210. Just wondering if perhaps there are other ones that mayhaps got mislabed.

thanks!

Emryys said:
Got mine! :)

I was hoping to get it in time for the mini-con today, but ended up running another game instead... but now I'm ready to run Trav for the next one...

But maybe I should wait for 760... or Merc... or High G... ;)

Strangely, I found 760 Patrons on my doorstep this afternoon ... and even though it was crowded, there was room for the whole Spinward Marches as well ... but no sign of it.

Why is it that Hivers get special treatment? :lol:

Phil (from Oz)

Rikki Tikki Traveller said:
aspqrz said:

Phil (from Oz)

Because this Hiver WHINED so much that Matt gave him both books at the same time to shut him up! :wink:

(((In reality we are testing a new range of contact poisons to see which, if any, can overcome the defenses of such poisonous little freaks. Sending out more than one book at a time allowed us to test two seperate samples simultaneously, with both books coated with different compounds. So far no joy, although we hope to be able to send out Mercenary with a promising new substance discovered at a site of 'special scientific interest'. Say no more))).

Mongoose Acolyte said:
aspqrz said:

Phil (from Oz)

Because this Hiver WHINED so much that Matt gave him both books at the same time to shut him up! :wink:

(((In reality we are testing a new range of contact poisons to see which, if any, can overcome the defenses of such poisonous little freaks. Sending out more than one book at a time allowed us to test two seperate samples simultaneously, with both books coated with different compounds. So far no joy, although we hope to be able to send out Mercenary with a promising new substance discovered at a site of 'special scientific interest'. Say no more))).

Very nice... So, Gruffty, how are you feeling today????? :twisted:

Mongoose Acolyte said:
Very nice... So, Gruffty, how are you feeling today????? :twisted:
Very well, thank you, so kind of you to ask!

So, Mongoose Acolyte, these new contact poisons you mentioned? They'd be the same ones we Hivers already have antidotes for via the full details of the poisons leaked to us from our deep-cover operative at Mongoose Hall? Yes? Thought so ;) :twisted:

Today's Top Hiver Tip: never use a Hiver to do dirty work when you can use a more expend ... <cough> ... a more inconspicuous sentient being (i.e. a human) :mrgreen:

Gruffty the Hiver said:
Very well, thank you, so kind of you to ask!

So, Mongoose Acolyte, these new contact poisons you mentioned? They'd be the same ones we Hivers already have antidotes for via the full details of the poisons leaked to us from our deep-cover operative at Mongoose Hall? Yes? Thought so ;) :twisted:

Today's Top Hiver Tip: never use a Hiver to do dirty work when you can use a more expend ... <cough> ... a more inconspicuous sentient being (i.e. a human) :mrgreen:

Milo? Milo, have you been talking to the Hiver again?

Wohoo! Both SM and 760 patrons arrived nice and together :D

Groovy. Too bad they are soft cover but can't get everything :wink:

tneva82 said:
Wohoo! Both SM and 760 patrons arrived nice and together :D

Groovy. Too bad they are soft cover but can't get everything :wink:

Is Oz consigned to the outer darkness? :cry:

Still no sign of Spinward Marches, which I actually pre-ordered well before I ordered 760 Patrons.

Or ... maybe ... it's all a dastardly (are there any other kind) Hiver plot :shock:

What to do ... obviously, contact poisons don't work ... :roll:

Phil

My copy arrived at my gfs yesteday along with 760, its generally impressive I liked the background on the imperium its concise and gives some general hints about info that is important to referees meaning I can let my players who are new to the 3I read it without them getting hold of info which is my domain.

I am dissapointed by the quality of the sector map which is only marginally better than the poor quality scan I have in one of my megatraveller pdfs. I hope we get a cleaned up more readable version released in pdf format soon. I've decide to relent on my policy of only buying pdfs after taking Grufty's advice that a book is nicer to sit and read while relaxing.

Just my 0.2 credits.

Charakan said:
My copy arrived at my gfs yesteday along with 760, its generally impressive I liked the background on the imperium its concise and gives some general hints about info that is important to referees meaning I can let my players who are new to the 3I read it without them getting hold of info which is my domain.

I am dissapointed by the quality of the sector map which is only marginally better than the poor quality scan I have in one of my megatraveller pdfs. I hope we get a cleaned up more readable version released in pdf format soon. I've decide to relent on my policy of only buying pdfs after taking Grufty's advice that a book is nicer to sit and read while relaxing.

Just my 0.2 credits.

Must admit, that was a grumble of mine too but I was so pleased to get the book I didn't say anything. :roll:

dafrca said:
aspqrz said:

Phil
Try a PGMP, they tend to work on many problems.

But those gol-darned Hivers ... won't sit still ...

And, anyway, you'd probably find one of their minions had crosswired the firing circuitry ... and, well ...

BOOM!!!

... flying bits of Traveller ... everywhere

Phil

aspqrz said:
dafrca said:
aspqrz said:

Phil
Try a PGMP, they tend to work on many problems.

But those gol-darned Hivers ... won't sit still ...

And, anyway, you'd probably find one of their minions had crosswired the firing circuitry ... and, well ...

BOOM!!!

... flying bits of Traveller ... everywhere

Phil
Ah, but if you are close enough and the boom is big enough, you may still get the Hiver. :lol:

Daniel

Back