Sentient Rabbits Tournament: August 16th

Thanks to both parties for clearing this issue up.
In my opinion the matter is closed and we'd like to offer both DJClark and his friend a 100% invitation to this event.

Tank said:
Looks like you can sign up Me, Adam & Jim
What races are you all planning/able to play?
Greg Smith said:
I will endeavour to make it, although it may be problematic getting time off work, cos the boss is on holiday.
Again races please?

We have lots and lots of Shadow places left. A good few Vorlon too. Army Of Light is almost full so if you plan to play them, please provide an alternative in case of fullness, or try to heckle some others to switch sides ;)

Shadow:
- Diesel
- Hash
- KennyBoy

Vorlons:
- TGT
- Clanger
- Locutus
- djclark

Army Of Light:
- Digger (Narn)
- mikelosaurus (Minbari)
- Poi (Drazi)
- Ralancian (Minbari)
- Rob Soutar (Vree)
- Mike Locke (Gaim)

Unspecified:
- Tank
- Adam
- Jim?
- Greg

4 places left in total.

Man, this is one tourney I would love to attend! Benny Hill games are great!

I think I'll have to pass, tho, cos it's my daughter's 1st birthday on the 15th.

If I can make it over, I'd love to spectate though - it would be a fantastic day! :D

well I have no Vorlons or Shadows but i know Ad has a small smattering of both I'll have to confirm by the end of the week once I've had a good look and spoken to the others

The gaim fleet iam thinking of taking is as follows;

1 x Shaakak class queen cruiser ( Raid )
1 x Shuuka class queen light cruiser ( Skirmish )
2 x Skrunnka class Assualt ship ( Raid )
2 x Stat class scouts ( Patrol )
1 x Stuteeka class war carrier ( Raid )

what do you think, is there anything which needs changing

animal said:
iam thinking of taking
Since you don't confirm you'll be attending I'll not book you in for now... or are you someone who is already booked in but whose forum handle I don't know, such as Mike Locke?

As for your fleet it looks quite good, but since it is a tournament you might find people are a little reluctant to offer too much advice ;) All I'll say is, you know which races you'll be up against, so tailoring your fleet for them would be advisable. Also remember Gaim will use stats from S&P 56, not the published fleet book.

mikelosaurus said:
I could do Vorlons instead if it helps? Or just bring some anyway just in case? ;)
After I get all the places filled I'll see if anyone needs to be switched. I'll try to give everyone their first choice, starting with those first to sign up :)

Yep Iam mike Lock, Iam looking forward to propping up the middle of the table , not sure if it will be with my finishing position or my belly.

Nope I never said that... generally I prefer only official rules at tourneys.

I didn't even invent them, just suggested a minor modification of Locutus' idea to implement Full Thrust rules... they're really BINO... Burger In Name Only!

okey dokey seems silly not to though
maybe garner feedback from those likely to attend....
I'd keep a score on my games beam dice hits per AD ...anyone who wouldn't?

Seeing how they flowed with a game Greg vs Da Boss on Wednesday BBR do seem to speed up play a lot.

I would say we use them as a matter of course in local tourneys (Greg's Crew, Warlords of Walsall and the Sentient Rabbits).

Clanger said:
Seeing how they flowed with a game Greg vs Da Boss on Wednesday BBR do seem to speed up play a lot.

I would say we use them as a matter of course in local tourneys (Greg's Crew, Warlords of Walsall and the Sentient Rabbits).

Have to admit, I'm not personally a fan, but I'll go with whatever's agreed.

Greg Smith said:
Is there any viable 5-point raid Shadow fleet except 5 scouts?

1 Young shadow ship and 1 scout, or some variation involving their fighters I think.

As to whether or not that actually works is a very different matter...

Greg Smith said:
Is there any viable 5-point raid Shadow fleet except 5 scouts?

As Ben says; young ship and a scout, or stalker and 3 scouts... unless fighters are thrown into the mix (and lets be honest, why would they be, eh Charles? :wink: ) then that's about the only three options.
I myself will be opting for the 5 scouts, young ship is not good enough to justify taking, and the less said about the Stalker the better!
(hell, there's even a poll as to how to make it any thing like a decent ship)

Back