Sentient Rabbits Tournament: August 16th

Put me down for Minbari, although I could probably do Vorlons, ISA or Drazi instead (as long as I know enough in advance to get them painted up).

Me (Nick Curd). I'll play as Cheesebari mainly because shadows eat Drazi for breakfast and I want to try something diffrent at a tournament for a change.

He doesnt have a forum account at the moment so I'll post for him:

Rob Soutar would also like to reserve a spot (with most likely, Vree)

From the inky blackness, more Shadows emerge 8)

In other words, count me in fella!

1st Choice - Shadows (obv)
2nd Choice - Minbari

Ben, between Charles and I, we should be able to furnish you with a fleet of pretty much any variance you wish (not that the Shadows get a huge choice!)

Hmm, as yet BBS is untested in the field (by me at least!) so we'll stick with standard 2e.

Good to see some Shadows turning up, looks like they bought that fake training camp message story after all ;)

well its you running the tourney mate..I have no objection to testing it out "live"!

KennyBoy said:
From the inky blackness, more Shadows emerge 8)

In other words, count me in fella!

1st Choice - Shadows (obv)
2nd Choice - Minbari

Ben, between Charles and I, we should be able to furnish you with a fleet of pretty much any variance you wish (not that the Shadows get a huge choice!)

Cue one more Shadow player then! 8)

Mike Locke will fight for queen and Giam and Daniel Clark will mourn the fact that the Drahk Unity is not present and will consider his options with a first choice of the mighty Vorlon Empire (keeper controlled of course). In addition a couple more of my minions may come too, details to follow.

djclark and Mike Locke by association
In response no thanks, you are not welcome to attend.
We run a friendly sportsman like tourney and based upon your past behaviour you are not welcome to participate.

:oops: Sure you have the right guy? As the way I remember it, it was all smiles those two events, I was the one who gave the guy the lift to the station. Mike got best sports at Yeovil (He thinks) and I was invited along to the next one I definately remember. What is the issue?

As the co-organiser I have to go with what I'm told. 1 or more of the Sentient rabbits has objected to your participation. I have no experience with you. I presume I have been passed the correct information and am only responding as the group demands.
If upon reflection the parties rebuke their objection I will inc you both in the event.
Please respect the final decision as we reserve the right to invite participation as a group of players, to fellow players.

This is an open indication that participation for players to a SR event is not guaranteed. An invitation is as it indicates an invitation,
any refusals are based upon a group decision and isn't something we rush into. However if your previous conduct has been less than we expect, do not expect a confirmation and do not expect admitance if you fraudulantly sign up. It will be a wasted journy as we require actual names as well as forumn names.

If at this time other tourney organisers wish to make their feelings known now would be an agreeable time.

Well I hope who ever objected has the courage to say why and if it is to me personally then it is unreasonable to extend the refusal to Mike Locke just because he is a friend of mine as I said he got good sports (as indeed I got good sports as I needed too to make up for my painting skill)
I find the idea that anyone would fraudently sign up to an event sad this never even occurred to me and I have never heard of it happening and feel sorry for those so desperate to play that they resort to it.
I was the person who gave Triggy the lift to the station despite the fact that it lost me a large part of game time at the Yoevil tournament (which is why I was the only person who would give him a lift). I then sent him his sweets back to him by post.
I guess I find this all a big shame and on the one hand i hope I have been confused with someone else but on the other even that is not very nice.
Personally I would have handled this a little differently (ie via a pm or email.
But as you say this is your event so good luck to you with your tournement I hope it is a fun event for those lucky enough to attend.

@ djclark:

Heh. That would be me. I had a bad game against you *ages* ago and in a way of assuaging my own fragile ego, made a story of how the fates had cursed me and that *you* were my nemesis. In truth I had a bad game, a few unlucky rolls and I disagreed with a some of the rules calls at the time, which are unimportant and certainly not worth kicking up a massive fuss over.

It was stupid and childish.

This banning action was taken on the grounds that TGT was familiar with this story and in good faith on his part, but not with my knowledge that you had signed up. I certainly would *never* have asked TGT to ban you or your friend. This isn't a failing of Sentient Rabbits, it's mine and I accept full responsibility for it.

I am horribly embarrassed that this has happened, and have asked TGT to reconsider and extend my sincere apologies. I hope you can accept that and will gladly offer my hand in apology (and a drink) if you and your friend Mike do attend.

Hash thanks for clearing this up and I salute your attitude and prompt reply. It is a fact of life thats communications get garbled and I am sure the organisers acted on what they thought was correct. I hope to be able to see you there and maybe resume our struggle and certainly to have a drink when all is said and done.

Back