Sentient Rabbits Tournament: August 16th

Definitely a case of the scenario making it seem that the Shadow scouts were easy winners. If you put the same 5 Scouts up against some of the fleets at the tourney in a stand up battle, the results would have been a lot different...
As Greg says, with the speed of the scouts meaning that you were able to avoid the fleet chasing you, whilst it was being targeted by the third fleet, the "Benny Hill" format was ideal for the Shadows. 8)

Of course, with me and Greg being ace probably helped a bit as well! :lol: :wink: :lol:

It did seem to favour the Shadows in this tourney. It would be worse if there had been terrain. The Scouts are scary at the best of times.

In a stand up fight, I agree with Kenny Boy, it would have been a different game.

Clanger said:
It did seem to favour the Shadows in this tourney. It would be worse if there had been terrain. The Scouts are scary at the best of times.

In a stand up fight, I agree with Kenny Boy, it would have been a different game.

The thing is, in a two-way 5-pt Raid game I can see the opponent having exactly the same issues - not being able to catch the Scouts due to their super manueverability, or never being able to damage them due to their triple-layered defences. To me it looks like too much like hard work... *scratches head*

There were the match-ups: in 9 out of 15 games, Shadows were chasing AoL. Vorlons have no scouts so they aren't ideally suited to chasing 5 Shadow Scouts. Plus a lot of the Vorlon players went with a few big ships rather than transport swarm fleets. I think the results we see are a result of the scenario, the match-ups, the fleet selections (big ships vs stealth) and the overall goodness of the shadow scout. Plus the players being good, of course ;)

Vorlons lacking a scout was a disdvantage, which the AoL fleets had. I tried the 4 transport, 1 destroyer and 12 fighter route. Maybe it was my bad luck that I drew the 1 scout and 1 young ship combo everytime. It took forever to whittle down the war level ship and I was lucky to see the scout.

Also in a stand up fight I think the worry of not having to also worry about the fleet blatting you helps.

That is why the Shadow Stalker is not so good at battle level. The Shadow Scout is good at raid. It balances out :).

to be honest no ship should be "bad" at any level.............

the new version of the Stalker is potentially nasty with Stealth 4+ but it may be fairer to be same as the Hunter - Stealth 3+?

of course after P+P you can use the raid level Vorlon ship as well..............not sure if would have made a difference?

however a Vorlon Scout would be handy for them...............Question is "What do you want?" :wink:

Back