Release Date and a few other enquiries.

admiral_tee

Mongoose
Hi
I wonder if there is a exact release date for VaS? I cant find any info about the date on the website, except for the upcoming releases which mentions rather vaguely 'December' :wink:

Also, the Rulebook and the counter expansion pack: What size are the counters?
I will most likely be buying some NavWar 1/3000 or Hallmark 1/6000 ship, but i'm just interested in the counter sizes.
If you've the played the "Great War at Sea" series, there are some nice lookig counters (though they do have a lot of nbrs on them representing stats').
Any chance we can see a pic of a counter or 2?
And what councters are provided? Are they specific, and enough for all nations?

Ciao

Tee out.

admiral_tee said:
Hi
I wonder if there is a exact release date for VaS? I cant find any info about the date on the website, except for the upcoming releases which mentions rather vaguely 'December' :wink:

I will most likely be buying some NavWar 1/3000 or Hallmark 1/6000 ship, but i'm just interested in the counter sizes.
If you've the played the "Great War at Sea" series, there are some nice lookig counters (though they do have a lot of nbrs on them representing stats').

Ciao

Tee out.

It says December 11th release date in the VaS section :) . There were some counters in the S&P earlier on in the year - I don't know if they will be the same, but its a guide I guess.

Well, before i preorder the deluxe counter set, i would like to know more about the quality of the counters, and their thickness and size.

If they are any good, i might get that before building a 1/6000 fleet or 2-3

Marc

To those with ACTA the counters use the same basic layout and are the same size.

The relevant ensign is in the top right of each counter.

The background is the sea, not stars (obviously.....).

Aircraft use the fighter tokens in ACTA. There are 4 to a token, rather than 6 (although spotters have a single aircraft).

SS, DD, CL, CA, merchies use the smaller size ship counters.

CV, BB, BC use the larger ones.

Ship class (eg: Bismarck, Hood, Iowa, etc) and type (eg: Cruiser, Destroyer, etc) is on the bottom, along with a number to differentiate between ships of the same class.

Most ship classes have multiple counters, although some unique ships (eg: Hood) have only one.

Really looking forward to getting my hands on my copy.......

To those with ACTA the counters use the same basic layout and are the same size.

And for those who do not have those? Could you be a li8ttle more descriptive, what thickness do the counters have, how big are they, how pretty?

Just a little more info to convince me!

Jellicoe said:
admiral_tee said:
Hi

Ciao

Tee out.

It says December 11th release date in the VaS section :) . There were some counters in the S&P earlier on in the year - I don't know if they will be the same, but its a guide I guess.

The website now says January as a release date... :shock:
Grrr, was looking forward to it as my "Xmas present to myself"... :wink:

So, Matt, or anyone who knows: Is this due to stock limitations, or last minute editing changes..?

tee out.

Uuups, true enough!
Suddenly it is Jan/07. :!: :(

As far as I know the editing is done and there are also no changes dicussed on the play test list.

Must be a "logistical" problem. I am sure that Matt would love to put it out for Christmas... :wink:

True.

Alas, there was a problem at the printers, that literally made it miss the boat. Have to wait for the next one :)

Please Dear God tell me that the font used on the counters is Clearer than the one on the ACTA counters. I can't read the names unless I spend a few minutes looking at it up close.

I really don't want to buy a ton of microships to play this game with...

Nezeray

Any change of the counters being released as a PDF, for those with access to good printers? I would love to print the counters on stock a little thicker then the ones i got from the 1st edition ACTA box.

msprange said:
True.

Alas, there was a problem at the printers, that literally made it miss the boat. Have to wait for the next one :)

Oh, the irony: a naval game that misses the boat :lol:

Two words: cargo aircraft! If flying kiwis halfway across the globe is feasible and we can still buy them for next to nothing... That way they could make the connection at North Pole International Airport with Santa Airways :wink:

[bsg]frack frack frack[/bsg]

nezeray said:
It does give you time to find a good deal on some micro ships and paint them over Christmas break. :)

Nezeray

Been there, done that, bought the GHQ figs. And my gaming bud and me were pushing our LGS guys to get the game only last friday.
We'll be playing the battle of the River Plate this week.

msprange said:
True.

Would it be unfair to comment that you seem to have had a lot of problems with your printers this year?

Is there not perhaps a printing company that isn't crap that you could use instead of the aforementioned crap one you appear to use?

K

Back