Pirates of Drinax 2nd Ed: Typos, Errors, Bugs, Gremlins, Etc.

Book two, pg. 10

I get the total mass of all components as 198.6

Not that big of a deal, but your cargo space seems intended to take up all remaining mass, and you can bump it to 31.1t

FWIW, I also get a cost of 354.14MCr, not a big deal though as I doubt the players will be buying harriers... It does bump maintenance to 29,511 /month though.

GarethL said:
Book two, pg. 10

I get the total mass of all components as 198.6

Not that big of a deal, but your cargo space seems intended to take up all remaining mass, and you can bump it to 31.1t

FWIW, I also get a cost of 354.14MCr, not a big deal though as I doubt the players will be buying harriers... It does bump maintenance to 29,511 /month though.

Hmmm, looks like one of the components went missing.

Book one, pg. 52, the competition

Describes the ambush as happening at Tech World when it should be Exe.

Book one, pg. 95-96

There seems to be text missing between pages 95 & 96. (page 95 ends at the end of a paragraph, page 96 starts mid - sentence)

Book 2 Page 10. Missing cost is explained I think when cost of Jump Drives is increased by 10

Drivs cost 1.5 MCr / Ton. Tech advanced drives cost +50% or 2.25

13.5 tons * 2.25 = 30.375 MCr, not 3.0375. Decimal place is in wrong spot.

Also the same error is in the COmmerce Harrier book page 8. (It's the same sheet in both books)

PsiTraveller said:
13.5 tons * 2.25 = 30.375 MCr, not 3.0375. Decimal place is in wrong spot.

Oops, my fault in this case. Spreadsheet multiplied by .15 instead of 1.5, though should have noticed the cost was too low anyways...

Book one, pg. 126, B Hot Zone

Radiation dose needs a period. 1d6 x 100 rads per hour? Day? Minute?

book 2 page 10 of drinax campaign, and page 8 of Harrier commerce raider book

the ship stat sheet (same on both pages)

I think .4 tons is missing off the armour value of the ship. Bonded Superdense is .8% of tonnage.
200 * .008 * 4 points of armour is 6.4 tons

The armor Cost is confusing to me as well 2.6 MCr is listed.
Book price is 8% of hull cost. So what math gives 2.6 mCr?

10 MCr base cost * 8% is .8MCr per point, times 4 is 3.2 MCr
If you add in the streamlined cost or reinforced cost the armour cost is higher.

How is the armour cost calculated?

PsiTraveller said:
I think .4 tons is missing off the armour value of the ship. Bonded Superdense is .8% of tonnage.
200 * .008 * 4 points of armour is 6.4 tons

Yup, displayed amount on there is wrong.

PsiTraveller said:
The armor Cost is confusing to me as well 2.6 MCr is listed.
Book price is 8% of hull cost. So what math gives 2.6 mCr?

10 MCr base cost * 8% is .8MCr per point, times 4 is 3.2 MCr
If you add in the streamlined cost or reinforced cost the armour cost is higher.

How is the armour cost calculated?

Takes into account the streamlined cost but not reinforced.

Book one, pg. 136-137

The expression "1D x 10 minutes" is seems to have replaced the intended text several times towards the end of pg. 136 and at the start of 137.

OKay AndrewW, the armor cost is still confusing me. What calculatiopn are you using to get 2.6 Mcr? And how is streamlining playing a part in that?

use small words, i am currently a little sleep deprived. insomnia sucks.

PsiTraveller said:
OKay AndrewW, the armor cost is still confusing me. What calculatiopn are you using to get 2.6 Mcr? And how is streamlining playing a part in that?

use small words, i am currently a little sleep deprived. insomnia sucks.

The streamlining takes into account he reinforced hull, thus is 3MCr + the hull of 10MCr, thus 13MCr hull cost to base the cost of the armour on.

OK, Base Hull is 1o million,
reinforced is +50%, so another 5 giving 15 million
Streamlining that is 20% of the 15 million so 3 Million

So the outer skin of the ship is 13 Million.

What calculation do you use on the 13 million to get the 2.6 million armor cost? That is the part that I am just not understanding

PsiTraveller said:
OK, Base Hull is 1o million,
reinforced is +50%, so another 5 giving 15 million
Streamlining that is 20% of the 15 million so 3 Million

So the outer skin of the ship is 13 Million.

What calculation do you use on the 13 million to get the 2.6 million armor cost? That is the part that I am just not understanding

Should be multiplied by 0.08 for the cost of the armour and the armour value (4 in this case) for 4.16MCr.

Book one, pg. 137

This isn't really an errata item per se, but regardless...

I'd have expected the population modifier for bio weapon use to be based on population density, not absolute population, and is have expected higher % casualties on worlds with high densities rather than low population worlds, especially those where the population is widely spread.

Also worth noting that some world's in very hostile biological environments might receive an ad-hoc bonus to the roll.

Back