PDF Character Sheets

I'd love a PDF character sheet for Psions, incorporating the Psionic Strength rating and a space to list their Talents.

Also, a character generation flowchart on a PDF would work, especially for newcomers to Traveller who might be confused by the whole process.

A third thing to think about is a PDF character generator for each Major Race (though Zhodani Proles can easily use the normal PDF, and Nobles and Intendants can use the Psion PDF described above). It'd be very useful to have a Vargr-specific PDF, or a Droyne one, or an Aslan one, each incorporating the distinctive changes to their stats.

Anyone care to comment?

I'd love a PDF character sheet for Psions, incorporating the Psionic Strength rating and a space to list their Talents.

Its a good idea, and as I'm writing the Psions book at the moment, I'll see what I can do...

BenGunn said:
Question:

Will als Nobles be Psionik (have a Psi Strength > 0) or just be trained (that IIRC can be done with Psi 0)?

Its a generic book, so nobles gain no special treatment and test for psionics like everyone else.

alex_greene said:

I just got Traveller a few days ago, and am loving it. One of the first things I do with a new game is find the best character sheets that I can (I find that most games only come with "acceptable" sheets.)

I found these sheets at http://www.discreteinfinity.com/rpg.htm which include an extra sheet you can print for psions. It includes the talents and looks to be very useful.

MysterFord said:
I just got Traveller a few days ago, and am loving it. One of the first things I do with a new game is find the best character sheets that I can (I find that most games only come with "acceptable" sheets.)

I found these sheets at http://www.discreteinfinity.com/rpg.htm which include an extra sheet you can print for psions. It includes the talents and looks to be very useful.
Welcom to the Imperium!
There is a nice selection of aids, incl. char sheets, at the MGT-Aids group om Yahoo listed in my signature.

Loz said:
BenGunn said:
Question:

Will als Nobles be Psionik (have a Psi Strength > 0) or just be trained (that IIRC can be done with Psi 0)?

Its a generic book, so nobles gain no special treatment and test for psionics like everyone else.

I suspect he might have meant Zhodani nobles? :)

Then that'll be a matter for the Zhodani book - when it gets scheduled!

Psions won't have an Imperium focus.

Maybe it's my CT UPP upbringing, but I really hate the huge "fill-in-the-box" stat grid in the standard charsheet.

There are some really nice charsheets over on the yahoo group, as has been mentioned. My favorite one is called "travcs.pdf", though the other ones there a also quite good and might appeal to other tastes.

Historically (as in, according to previous editions), the Zhodani nobility *all* roll for psionic strength unmodified by age, since they are determining their Psi at around age 10.

The system is set up with a slant towards Telepathy, and Zhodani nobles are all "assumed" to be telepaths. This is by no means the case.

The fluff says that not all Zhodani nobles are psionic, as the tendency is not genetically consistent, but that the majority certainly are. As such you *could* play a non-psionic Zhodani noble, but it would be rather unusual and basically asking for trouble (assuming an extra-Consular game).

Of course, having a Psi rating of 3 and only the Control discipline means you might as well be a non-psi...

Back