OGL CyberNet Supplements?!? - Your Thoughts Requested!

I've got a ton of material I could put together for a Cybernet post-apocalypse world campaign. And it would be good. I'm not talking out of turn here, it would be damned good. The thing is, and I'm not being critical of the 'Goose, being as I'm a fan and a tester and all, but does anyone know the circulation of Cybernet, and also, primarily, would there actually be an *interest* in such a campaign guide/sourcebook.

Heron said:
But does anyone know the circulation of Cybernet, and also, primarily, would there actually be an *interest* in such a campaign guide/sourcebook.

Interesting and valid question. I'd be interested in the statistics of this as well... especially now that the CyberNet Soundtrack is available for purchase. I'd love to know what kind of response a soundtrack and supplemental materials would receive.

That said... it has been very evident here in the Forums that an interest exists. Also, I've noticed that the # of registered Forum users here continues to increase - more users mean more buyers (usually & hopefully).

Lastly, I've noticed a lot gaming interest in the cyberpunk genre lately. With the new CCG, CyberNet, etc. - it seems that doing CyberNet supplements is a a winning idea! I know I'm enjoying the books we're currently writing and look forward to the furst release this Fall!

- Stratos

ps: did I mention the CyberNet Soundtrack is now available? :)

I agree that there are a good number - and an increasing number - of users on this forum, and Mongoose's sales in general are always increasing, but that doesn't necessarily indicate a massive number of Cybernet users. I know for example that Conan is doing exceptionally well.

I have not bought Cybernet yet, but I did order its soundtrack by Stratos (did he mentioned it was available yet? :lol: ).
I'm sure I would if a setting book would come out, as I'm usually more interested in flavor and settings than crunchy bits (even if they are a necessity).

redlaco said:
I have not bought Cybernet yet, but I did order its soundtrack by Stratos (did he mentioned it was available yet? :lol: ).
I'm sure I would if a setting book would come out, as I'm usually more interested in flavor and settings than crunchy bits (even if they are a necessity).

Lol! And it shipped yesterday with your copy of Deterioration Furthers! Thanks again for the order!

- Stratos

I don't know it it's too late for throwing in ideas but her are some anyway.
A Cybernet GM screen with the book? Pleeeeease! I wouldd really love that!
And how about some more style or look related cyberware? Something that's just intended to make you look cool or just plain scary.
Anyway I'm really looking forward to this.

- Sonny

Cyberware - whether fashionable (great idea!) or necessary (replacing a limb, etc) will be featured in depth in the Mechana Manual (TM) and only where appropriate in the 2087 Campaign Setting.

A GM screen would be a great idea too! There aren't enough of these in general. I'm still using the first WoTC edition Stars Wars GM screen for my purposes - although it's completely useless now (other than hiding papers)!

- Stratos

That is a very definite possibility. We will take that into careful consideration. The printing part of it would be what we would really have to look into. What would be the dimensions that would work for you? If we could do it from an 17" in length maximium size it might work.....

How about stats for that cool looking police jet thing in the vehicle section?

:D

and those memory shades the guy in the flavour text had... jet i think his name was.

A gm screen would be cool, but how different would it really be from the D20 modern one already available from wizards?

whoa....whats this Mechana Manual (TM)? and where do I find out more about it?

Anonymous said:
whoa....whats this Mechana Manual (TM)? and where do I find out more about it?

I don't want to give away too much inof yet since I have 2 supplements to finish before starting this one... but... be assured that the CyberNet:2087 (TM) Mechana Manual will feature new stats on robotics (including mundane to human replicant), cybernetics (from suggested cosmetic to life-preserving/altering), vehicles, and mecha (think Ripley's loader from Aliens)... and more!

Stay tuned. The Official Press Release from Kiln Publications will be coming sometime later Summer/Early Fall for an intended early-`05 release!

- Stratos

Back