OGL CyberNet Supplements?!? - Your Thoughts Requested!

LOL, yeah ok!

After class is over in May. Do you still have the mapping sotfware? :)

Have you bugged Jason about Maddox?

'til next time...

Anonymous said:
LOL, yeah ok!

After class is over in May. Do you still have the mapping sotfware? :)

Have you bugged Jason about Maddox?

'til next time...

Who are you and whay are you bothering this forum? :)

Just kidding! But you did forget to log in dork! ;-)

- Stratos

baileyrecords said:
ps: keep those ideas coming!

Wilco!

baileyrecords said:
pss: one other thing I'd like to know... how "stand alone" do you people like your books/campaigns? Do you typically play a game "pure" or "mixed" by tying in elements from other games? IE: mixing d20 Modern or Shadowrun with CyberNet... or Steampunk & Horror, etc.

Personally I steal as much as I can! Readign a lot of comics I've "borrowed" a lot of ideas. One of my main NPC's is based on Nick Fury... for those in the know.

So crossovers wouls be cool! I'm already thinking about incorporating some horror or pure "battlefield thing" later on.

But anything that says Cybernet, I'll buy with all probability.

- Sonny

baileyrecords said:
Honestly, I appreciate everything that everyone has contributed so far to this thread - thanks people!

A lot of your ideas are going to be given a lot of serious considerations. Some, however, will not be touched on by us. The reasoning is pureply due to time & space constraints as well as the overall flow & focus of our supplement ideas.

Look for an "official press release" soon! :)

- Stratos

ps: keep those ideas coming!

pss: one other thing I'd like to know... how "stand alone" do you people like your books/campaigns? Do you typically play a game "pure" or "mixed" by tying in elements from other games? IE: mixing d20 Modern or Shadowrun with CyberNet... or Steampunk & Horror, etc.

Cyberpunk is best when served by itself. PLEASE no steampunk or fantasy mixed in.

And if each supplement was stand alone and had no connection to the previous, I'd be OK with it.

Lowly Uhlan said:
Cyberpunk is best when served by itself. PLEASE no steampunk or fantasy mixed in.

And if each supplement was stand alone and had no connection to the previous, I'd be OK with it.

I hear ya louder and clear! So, no direct mixing... but what if the backdoor was left unlocked so people could purposely and easily mix & match if they so chose?!

I take you you're not a fan of Urban Arcana for d20 Modern or Shadowrun?!

Any supplement doen would be based on the existing core rules by August Hahn. It'd be pretty essential to any supplemental sourcebooks or companions - wouldn't you agree?

- Stratos

No! I don't have much interest in those games you mentioned. D20 Modern could be cool if there weren't any magic involved (though some adventures in the style of Witch Hunter Robin might be good). No hunting troglydytes in the sewers with magic shotguns, please.

And opening up the door for crossovers would be fine. But I would be really jazzed over a lot of pure CP material.

baileyrecords said:
So, no direct mixing... but what if the backdoor was left unlocked so people could purposely and easily mix & match if they so chose?!

Yes! Please keep the back door unlocked!

Oh the backdoor will definitely be unlocked for those that want it that way. That leave more fun to have for everyone yet for those that do not want to mix they will be very pleased also.

kiln publications said:
How "pure" are you talking? Blade Runner "pure"? There would be senarios for that....

Blade Runner had some good elements (great movie). The mix of cultures and races in a environmentally-changed LA for example.

Just so everyone is on the same page... this discussion topic has resulted in last evenings press release (by yours truly) regarding CyberNet: 2087 (TM).

We can keep the ideas rolling here... or feel free to start posting in the new thread.

Thanks for your support!

- Stratos

How about a hit location chart? and some full borg upgrades? And more future-like cars, like Cyberpunks AV-7's and all that

If I am not mistaken the upgrades will be in the Mechana Manual (TM) and some possibly in the sourcebook. As for hit chart that will be taken into consideration. Vehicle-wise keep a look out for those throughout the sourcebook and future releases. Thanks for the input.

Anonymous said:
If I am not mistaken the upgrades will be in the Mechana Manual (TM) and some possibly in the sourcebook. As for hit chart that will be taken into consideration. Vehicle-wise keep a look out for those throughout the sourcebook and future releases. Thanks for the input.

Yes! Things such as vehicles will be geographic -specific. A lot of damage and destruction has occured across the globe... so a lot of what is "common" today will not be in 2087. Vehicles, equipment, weaponry will be based on the technological state for each country/Empire.

And the Mechana Manual will feature lots of cybernetic stuff. It's 1/3 the premise!

- Stratos

Wow...have not been here for a while.
oh.... Nice, a new cyber net book. Cant wait. Well i would to see more weapons and new rides. and some rules for clothing styles or something. I have always wanted rules for that, oh yeah and like someone said, a hit location chart and stuff. Unless that came out. Though someone was working on that. If so can some one tell me about it.
Other then that, sounds good. I'll tell ya if i get anymore ideas.
later.

Golem2176 said:
It sound a bit like Gamma World, but with less carnage!

The Cybernet setting in S&P while kind of post-apoc, didn't have a Gamma World feel. It seemed like some really grim cyberpunk. Grim is good.

Back