Nike Class Battlecruiser

Actually, it's this one. I finally finished it last night. I will post a pic as soon as I get batteries for my digital camera

http://www.wolfsshipyard.mystarship.com/Drawings/Others/Hyperion/Hyperivorlon.gif

stealth_911 said:
Actually, it's this one. I finally finished it last night. I will post a pic as soon as I get batteries for my digital camera

http://www.wolfsshipyard.mystarship.com/Drawings/Others/Hyperion/Hyperivorlon.gif

The only problem with something like this
Hyperivorlon.gif

With all the new Vorlon tech you install in the Hyperion, the Hyperion Hull will need a high tech make over.

EAS Gaius Julius Ceasar....

2b7a92757ada9c622e239afaaf711a98.jpg

25e495e0e5cf7a7629ae6d06a1820ed5.jpg

d4d03d430d610038c9559425d9890756.jpg

She isn't really finished - few of my models ever are, I'll probably go back and paint the name directly on her hull sooner or later, and replace the EA insignia with decals when I can get hold of some.

The next two units - provisionally named Emperor Zheng He and Franklin Delano Rooseveldt - should follow soon.

Nice work - I like the placement of the smaller turrets on the sides behind the wings. And the Laser/Pulse array variant is my favorite so far!

I have a flotilla that I'm working on with crazy variants. Will try to post pics shortly.

wauhhhhhhh.....
I must order once one of this beauties sometime with you, prelude. :wink:

have you still a new scratchbuild project after the nike, prelude :?: :D

urobach81 said:
Well I have enough pre-orders for another batch which I'm about to order. If interested, please let me know ASAP. For those of you who've preordered, I'll be submitting the order this week I think.

urobach81 said:
Ha! You're funny urobach81. Between work, the holidays, a baby, wife, etc. real life is getting in the way! Here are some pics I finally got together on my own models.

flotilla2.jpg

I have three for myself - the fourth pictured here is for timeslip.
flotilla3.jpg

Here are some Nikes in formation with some Chronos' - more for size reference than anything else.
flotilla4.jpg

flotilla5.jpg

In formation with a Poseidon and the same Chronos', again for size reference.
flotilla8.jpg

flotilla7.jpg

All power to engines!
flotilla9.jpg

This is my missile variant with submarine style missile hatches. In retrospect I probably should've sculpted the master with these hatches. Nothing some sheet styrene and an X-acto couldn't do however.
missilebay3.jpg

missilebay2.jpg

I could label this the Command variant, with the missiles and added side weapons.
missilebay1.jpg

I love the Poseidon/Omega style turrets and used them here. Consider this the close support variant!
pulse2.jpg

There you have it. I know there are a LOT more pics out there that haven't been posted! I'd love to see them and possibly use them on my Nike page. It'd be great to see all the different variants/paint schemes people come up with.

I think they're a little big considering the scale of the ship...the missiles must be 30-40 meters across! but yes, cool idea 8)

Chern

True, maybe a bit big. But I'm thinking the missile tube underneath the hatch would only be a fraction the width of the hatch itself. Maybe I can do another conversion where I bore out some missile tubes and have the hatches opened to the launch position!

prelude_to_war said:
urobach81 said:
Well I have enough pre-orders for another batch which I'm about to order. If interested, please let me know ASAP. For those of you who've preordered, I'll be submitting the order this week I think.

urobach81 said:
Ha! You're funny urobach81. Between work, the holidays, a baby, wife, etc. real life is getting in the way! Here are some pics I finally got together on my own models.

flotilla2.jpg

I have three for myself - the fourth pictured here is for timeslip.
flotilla3.jpg

Here are some Nikes in formation with some Chronos' - more for size reference than anything else.
flotilla4.jpg

flotilla5.jpg

In formation with a Poseidon and the same Chronos', again for size reference.
flotilla8.jpg

flotilla7.jpg

All power to engines!
flotilla9.jpg

This is my missile variant with submarine style missile hatches. In retrospect I probably should've sculpted the master with these hatches. Nothing some sheet styrene and an X-acto couldn't do however.
missilebay3.jpg

missilebay2.jpg

I could label this the Command variant, with the missiles and added side weapons.
missilebay1.jpg

I love the Poseidon/Omega style turrets and used them here. Consider this the close support variant!
pulse2.jpg

There you have it. I know there are a LOT more pics out there that haven't been posted! I'd love to see them and possibly use them on my Nike page. It'd be great to see all the different variants/paint schemes people come up with.

hahahah...i know this. the life is sometimes hard for modelers.... :D
:wink: :wink: :wink:

and... outstanding fleets.... :shock:

The Great Maker has informed me that the integrity of the master mold is starting is starting to go beyond the rim...so this second batch will the final batch! No more after this since the cost to create another master mold is relatively high.

prelude_to_war said:
The Great Maker has informed me that the integrity of the master mold is starting is starting to go beyond the rim...so this second batch will the final batch! No more after this since the cost to create another master mold is relatively high.
Any more word from Matt Sprange on Mongoose interest in the Nike? I'm sure you/they'd make another master if there was :)

Back