News about new Conan movie

Just FYI, Jackson is not directing The Hobbit. Guillermo del Toro is. He's the dude that directed Hell Boy I & II and Pan's Labyrinth.

Jackson is listed as Producer/Writer so will still have a hand in the Hobbit.

I saw Pan's Labrynth and Hell Boy (I). Didn't really care for Pan's Labrynth and Hell Boy was okay.

I cannot comment on Helly Boy II as I have not seen the movie.

Films that had the right feel for Conan for me, in terms of look are the 13th Warrior, and the film Pathfinder, both had weakpoints but visually I though very good. But not so convinced by some of either directors other works (John Tiernan/Marcus Nispel).

Would love to see a Conan film made that remained true to the books. Thought the Arnie ones were okay, looked fine, but the story lacked the right feel, especially in the second one.

Since i have been sneaking around the available domains for the movie like a hungry wolf and some bastard chinese domain grabber just snatched conanmovie.com right in front of my wolf-nose i managed to secure www.conanthemovie.com and quickly created a little design for a wordpress blogsystem and installed it on my servers. There are already 3 people, who are willing and motivated to actively write any news they can gather on the internet in the blog and therefore i propose: Join the forces!

Whoever wants to participate in the blog, by adding articles, descriptions (in "Pages"), nice links anything that is connected to the movie and or REH in general, feel free to email me at "johannesr - at - funcom.com" and i will set you up a Blogaccount so you can help us fill this little thing with stuff for the information hungry masses.

Hopefully in the future, we will have flourished so big, that we have contacts anywhere and get "insiderinfo" but you never know, the first step is done, join us or send us strong boots (info) so we can keep on walking!

www.conanthemovie.com

Cheers,
Johannes

Watto said:
Films that had the right feel for Conan for me, in terms of look are the 13th Warrior, and the film Pathfinder, both had weakpoints but visually I though very good. But not so convinced by some of either directors other works (John Tiernan/Marcus Nispel).

Would love to see a Conan film made that remained true to the books. Thought the Arnie ones were okay, looked fine, but the story lacked the right feel, especially in the second one.

Agreed! 13th Warrior was better than Pathfinder but Pathfinder "look" more like a Conan story

Back