New ruleset for Paranoia

lastbesthope said:
Sweep of Unhistory/My First Treason also seems not to be on the CD-ROM

LBH

They're two thirds of Alpha Complex Nights. You could always make a copy of that, and delete Spin Control, if you really wanted :)

Allen Varney said:
The Mongoose PARANOIA books not included on the 25th Anniversary Black Missions CD are Flashbacks 1 and 2, STUFF 1 and 2, and The Little RED Book.

Which contradicts what Matt said about the last EIGHT books being included on the CD...

Reality check... Who's got the right information?

I'm starting to feel a little like this is all too hard :roll: Why can't the information be presented on the Paranoia page in a clear concise and ACCURATE manner?

Mr Varney is speaking of the books that won't be on the CDRom. There is no contradiction, then.

Want an HappyFun pill ?
greuh ;)

greuh said:
Mr Varney is speaking of the books that won't be on the CDRom. There is no contradiction, then.

Want an HappyFun pill ?
greuh ;)

I think Weet-R is talking about an earlier post by msprange in this thread where he said the last eight books will be on the CD. Going by the detailed info we have from the Planet Mongoose blog, this is wrong and the last six books are on the CD, but Stuff 2 and Flashbacks 2 being the seventh and eighth are not...

Probably an honest mistake. Maybe Matthew was thinking of the last eight "modules", some of which ended up bundled together as single books while once being planned as seperate releases. Or, y'know, he goofed. Happens, especially to busy people :)

I have no doubt it was an honest mistake, but the two statements directly contradicted each other, hence my post. Allan kindly clarified which titles were missing, fortunately.

It would be a lot easier, as I mentioned, if all this information was put in one spot (the Mongoose website for instance on the Paranoia page) so there was NO room for confusion.

I don't need to be spoon fed, but when I'm considering putting out good money for Mongoose product, I don't expect finding out about what I am buying to be as hard as searching for lost treasure.

The only HappyFun Pill I really need is information, correct and easy to find, thanks.

Danforth said:
I think Weet-R is talking about an earlier post by msprange in this thread where he said the last eight books will be on the CD. Going by the detailed info we have from the Planet Mongoose blog, this is wrong and the last six books are on the CD, but Stuff 2 and Flashbacks 2 being the seventh and eighth are not...

Thanks for the clarification. I didn't knew the order for the books*.

Sorry to Weet-R for the offense if you felt offensed. It was not the intent (I tried to lighten the tone of my message, but I feel it was taken quite the opposite, sorry again). English is not my mother toungue.

greuh
* : The seventh and eighth, if I take the order my shop got them, were "War on ..." and "Mandatory mission pack". I believe France received them

Will Flashbacks 1 and 2 be updated for the new edition or is it safe to buy an old copy as a new player(first buy will be the special edition coming in august)?

msprange said:
Danforth said:
Change of plan, or are they in error?

They are in error, and have been informed.

What's the deal here? Drive thru RPG are suspending sales of B5 and Paranoia as of midnight on the 30th. It's prominently displayed on the site in a banner ad.

Can somebody please get this right?

I was told the last eight books are on the CD, they are not...

We were told that the PDFs would be available ongoing from Drive thruRPG, they are not...

Is Mongoose encouraging me to bother with any more of their product with all this mis-information, they are NOT!!!

Weet-R-BIX said:
Is Mongoose encouraging me to bother with any more of their product with all this mis-information, they are NOT!!!

Is it possible that DTRPG are still screwing up some of the above given that Matt had to previously tell them they are in error?

msprange said:
Danforth said:
Change of plan, or are they in error?

They are in error, and have been informed.

LBH

lastbesthope said:
Is it possible that DTRPG are still screwing up some of the above given that Matt had to previously tell them they are in error?

LBH

Good question, that's why I raised the issue that they were still saying that they were discontinuing sales.

All we need now is an answer.

Yes, it is a good sign. The banner seems to have gone and the product is still on sale past the deadline, and discounted too!

I've decided I will buy the 8 books I'm missing as PDFs (unless I see hard copies on sale at a good price) and I probably won't be buying the new revision of the game.

The website still hasn't been updated to explain what the changes are with the new system or if you need to buy one or all three books, let alone what each of the books is for.

IMHO if Mongoose can't be more forthcoming with information, I won't be forthcoming with the dollars... :roll:

This is probably a stupid question, but... Is the Black Missions Limited Edition book, a limited edition version of the Troubleshooters book? It doesn't say so anywhere on either product's webpage, which is a little confusing.

(Of course, there's also nothing about the new edition on the Paranoia webpage that I can see... Maybe I just need more coffee.)

andrewsi

andrewsi said:
This is probably a stupid question, but... Is the Black Missions Limited Edition book, a limited edition version of the Troubleshooters book? It doesn't say so anywhere on either product's webpage, which is a little confusing.

(Of course, there's also nothing about the new edition on the Paranoia webpage that I can see... Maybe I just need more coffee.)

andrewsi

Hi there,

yes, you're right. Black Missions is the limited edition version of the Troubleshooter rulebook. Since the page count is the same for both books, we guess the only difference is the nifty black cover and the bonus CD loaded with XP supplements in PDF format.

I still hold out hope for limited edition versions of the forthcoming IntSec and High Programmer rulebooks too :)

Oooh, the Paranoia page has been updated - all the XP books have been pulled, and covers are up for the regular edition of Troubleshooters, plus some early supplements!

Yes, the non-special Troubleshooter book is up too... and it took me a few days to notice that the cover isn't by Jim Holloway!

While I'm disappointed the One True Paranoia Artist isn't getting the work, I'm pleased to see Mongoose have commisioned something in a similar style. I'm happy to see improved art direction on the line as regards page layout and covers and that, but was a bit worried they might go all wacky on me in the process. Makes the new edition look like an evolution of the XP one, which I guess is sort of the idea.

I see Allen is credited as the author on the cover. Is that a placeholder, or will Gareth get a cover credit too? Or will he get more of a billing for the other two rulebooks where his personal input into the text is greater?

Though I'm excited by Black Missions and the new edition generally, I remain a *tiny* bit concerned about the decreased page count (208 versus the previous edition's 256). I like wallowing in world fluff, personally, so I hope that plenty of that has made the cut. When I first took delivery of the XP rulebook, opened it at the first page and was greeted by three columns of eight point text (the End Citizen Agreement) it warmed my heart, it really did :)

Back