More Races and Classes please

I like prestige clases.
They make diferent your fighter from other hundred of fighters( or rogue, wizard...etc..)
when you read it you have more ideas for characters.
Is almost an adventure how you could be accepted in one.( if you want to be a knight is not only that you have all the prerequisites, you must be invested knight...so you must go where they are are and convince them that you deserve it)
If they are well done (balanced) they ruin no game.
And at last....someone has said D&D is a mess....I LOVE the 3rd edition (now we are ending a great 3 years campaign full of funny, sad, heroic, Romantic and great moments :D )

And..i don't work for WotC or nothing..is only i like the game :)

Qjedi, I hate to tell you, but even Bruce Lee would be smoked by a fighter wearing plate armour and wielding a greatsword. Assuming Bruce would be silly enough to hang around, which I doubt he would've. The Monk wasn't designed to fight that kind of opponent. He was trained to fight lightly armed and armoured foes (ie. Steppe Raiders and drunken Samurai), not heavily armoured Western warriors wearing boilers.

Eldren said:
I like prestige clases.
They make diferent your fighter from other hundred of fighters( or rogue, wizard...etc..)

Well, I admit I have used prestige classes myself. But, personally it should be kept over in the cess-pool of prc that wotc has started.

Also, yes there may be 1,000s of choice for prestige classes and billions of Feat types. But, in the end, you'll notice that a majoirity of people will pick the same type of PrCs and feats.

Belkregos
I would really like to see the Tlazitlan template,
i was hopping it would show up on the road of kings but i can wait, maybe in a SOC package?

I have seen several postings inquiring about Tlazitlans. They appear in the story "Red Nails" (the short story with Conan and Valeria of the Red Brotherhood). Now, this reply will have a spoiler about this "race" so beware. I must admit I'm writing from work where I don't have access to the story, so I apologize if my memory causes errors in this reply:
1) Tlazitlans, with only one exception, are not a separate race. They are Stygians, exiled 50 years before Conan and Valeria come upon their remnants.
2) The one exception is the sole survivor of the locals whom the Stygians came upon the city. He lurks in the crypts and has become a sort of undead spirit, remembering some of his sorcery. (I don't remember their names or specifics, I'm writing this from work after all).
3) In the course of the story, the doomed race all are cursed/mad/kill each other off. I believe only Conan and Valeria survive to escape the city fortress. The indigenous peoples whom the Stygians came upon were themselves a doomed race of immigrants also, if I remember. Anyway, the Tlazlitlans would in all likelihood use Stygians for race description. They were a failed attempt to revolt against the ruling priests and fled southward.

I hope this helps. Also hope someone will correct any mistakes in what I wrote. If anyone wants, I can dig up the names of all the characters who appeared in the story. 8)

"I have seen several postings inquiring about Tlazitlans. They appear in the story "Red Nails" (the short story with Conan and Valeria of the Red Brotherhood). Now, this reply will have a spoiler about this "race" so beware. I must admit I'm writing from work where I don't have access to the story, so I apologize if my memory causes errors in this reply: "

Hello,
the Tlazitlans should really have been in the core rulebook, since they were developed and playtested. I have been a playtester, and I suggested Ian that Tlazitlans could be added as a race. But they have been lost among all the bugs of the first printing. I am still waiting for the errata... :evil:

I'm kind of new to the world of REH, so bare with me on this question. As REH based alot of his cultures on real ones, would I be wrong in equating Tlazitlans to Meso American culture (ie Aztec?) The name certainly sounds Meso American.

Perhaps a "world" book is planned for them, and that is why they were play tested and not included in the core book.

Judge Walker said:
I'm kind of new to the world of REH, so bare with me on this question. As REH based alot of his cultures on real ones, would I be wrong in equating Tlazitlans to Meso American culture (ie Aztec?) The name certainly sounds Meso American.

Perhaps a "world" book is planned for them, and that is why they were play tested and not included in the core book.

They were simply forgotten (in good company with the Apheki), since they are reported in the general index for the races.

Judge Walker said:
Qjedi, I hate to tell you, but even Bruce Lee would be smoked by a fighter wearing plate armour and wielding a greatsword. Assuming Bruce would be silly enough to hang around, which I doubt he would've. The Monk wasn't designed to fight that kind of opponent. He was trained to fight lightly armed and armoured foes (ie. Steppe Raiders and drunken Samurai), not heavily armoured Western warriors wearing boilers.

The PC does stack up nicely in a good fight AND the player was having fun with him. The class works for my game, the monk has no magical wizard abilities, he casts no spells, he'll never learn how to shapeshift, he can't explode in a fiery blast, he doesn't need to suck power points out of people, he can't sacrifice enemies or innocents to enhance his magical prowess AND he doesn't seem overpowered to anyone. Sounds like a reasonable interpretation of what a fighting monk can and cannot do.
Multiple opponents will drag him down fairly quickly unless he uses his tumbling to stay out of the way and skills like jump, climb and balance let him fight using his environment to his advantage.
Does anyone think the modification is imbalanced or that it looks like it would not be fun to play?

As for your question about the Tlazitlans, they are based on the Inca/Naztec/Aztec cultures and tend to be people that have moved into structures left behind by more advanced races in the couple of stories they appear in. They are found only in Northern Desert (of Kush/Black Kingdoms) as far as I can tell. Howard was very widely read and well educated and loved to toss in bits from everything he read about.

Qjedi said:
... the monk has no magical wizard abilities, he casts no spells, he'll never learn how to shapeshift, he can't explode in a fiery blast, he doesn't need to suck power points out of people, he can't sacrifice enemies or innocents to enhance his magical prowess

Where's the fun then. :D

Also, the Scholar doesn't have to take New Sorcery styles, he can take other feats when the time comes.

Hey, if it works for you all the better. It is your game after all. Just out of curiousity, what sets your monk apart from your average every day normal person? Does he have other "priestly" abilities? Healing or turning undead?

Thanks for the info on the Tlazitlan (?)

About the Tlazitlan, the word come from the mythological place the Aztecs are supposed to come from, the city of Mazatlan is supposed to be the place where they came from and the name derives from the same word

if anybody else has information on this i would apreciate you sharing

I'm not sure if anyone's noticed, but in issue 13 of S&P they're including two PrC's, the Poitanian Knight and the Gunderman Mercenary. Your thoughts? The Gunderman seems a bit generic for a PrC to me, I'd rather have a Nemedian Adventurer. :wink:

Tristan said:
I'm not sure if anyone's noticed, but in issue 13 of S&P they're including two PrC's, the Poitanian Knight and the Gunderman Mercenary. Your thoughts? The Gunderman seems a bit generic for a PrC to me, I'd rather have a Nemedian Adventurer. :wink:

Would a Nemedian Adventurer necessarily be a prestige class? It would seem anyone who isn't a noble, yet pledge allegiance to the Nemedian crown could be an Adventurer. On that thought, could the Adventurer be simply another regular class?

I really don't see the use of either of the "PrC" listed. A Poitainian Noble, could be a knight by virtue of the "Title" SQ. And any fighter ( not just those from Gunderland) could be a merc.

A much better PrC than either Gunderman Mercenary or Nemedian Adventurer would be Warrior Noble, a combination of King Arthur and his better known knights, Charlemane and Richard the Lion hearted. In other words a noble who's more like a army officer than a politcian.

Warrior Noble??????

Now I've heard it all, or probably not even close.

Hmmm, a Soldier with the Noble Feat in the Scrolls of Skellos will fit that bill.
Oh, and one level in the Noble class and the rest in Soldier could also work.
But, a PrC?

Think of something better.

Fionn the Cimmerian said:
A much better PrC than either Gunderman Mercenary or Nemedian Adventurer would be Warrior Noble, a combination of King Arthur and his better known knights, Charlemane and Richard the Lion hearted. In other words a noble who's more like a army officer than a politcian.

Just port the "Noble Warrior" from OGL Ancients over to Conan, no need for a PrC.

Judge Walker said:
[Also, the Scholar doesn't have to take New Sorcery styles, he can take other feats when the time comes.

Hey, if it works for you all the better. It is your game after all. Just out of curiousity, what sets your monk apart from your average every day normal person? Does he have other "priestly" abilities? Healing or turning undead?

Skills list. He gets a couple of more skill points/level and does more damage unarmed. He could just as easily be called a grappler or a pugilist, but in most games that works out to being a monk, so we went for the name.
He is a dedicated unarmed warrior and focusses on things other than armed combat.
We were looking for more of a warrior then the scholar offers and the feat list didn't seem to accomplish what we were after. It is like the crimson circle, but without the magic and corruption requirements.

Back