Minbari Fact Book questions

Yes -1 centigrade sounds a lot colder, and 98 fahrenheit sounds warmer tham 34 centigrade. :)

Most things in England that involve temperatures (eg recipes) list both. We as a people should reallyb decide whether we are going to do things the European way or the American way, :)

Greg Smith said:
Yes -1 centigrade sounds a lot colder, and 98 fahrenheit sounds warmer tham 34 centigrade. :)

Most things in England that involve temperatures (eg recipes) list both. We as a people should reallyb decide whether we are going to do things the European way or the American way, :)
Isn't it the Americans who are doing it the British way? :)

Anyway, Fahrenheit was Polish-Dutch so he's quite European too. Hmmm... so in terms of temperature the whole world is European as Fahrenheit, Celsius, Kelvin and Reamur all came from Europe.

Hey, wait! Wasn't Kelvin British? You brits should use him. It's easy! It's just as Celsius (or Centrigrade as you barbarians would say) but with no negative degrees. 0 kelvin is absolute zero (-273 degrees C). Therefore, the freezing point is 273 K and the boiling point 373 K. Et voila, it's British and it's much much warmer. :)

The Minbari body temperature would be 37 degrees Celsius, 98.6 degees Fahrenheit, 310 kelvin, 558.27 degrees Rankine and 29.6 degrees Réaumur. ;)

Just got my hands on my copy today and its been a fascinating read. Alot more cool information than I expected. My only real complaint with the book and I know its been made before is the ship section. The writeups are cool, but pics would have been nice. There are some nice ship pictures in the book but they don't go with the writeups. Other than that the books great.

Overall, I have to admit, this is a great read, even if you aren't going to use it to play B5. All the sorts of information you ever wanted about Minbari and presented in a fairly clear and easily understood manner.

That said, there are a few small quibbles that I have with it... There are a couple of points where somethings described and has the addendum "look at the .... feat in the characters section" but when you check ..there are no mention of those feats. Which begs the question, were they cut for space reasons and no-one took out the pointers to them, or did they just go missing... (said feats being the "Mol shent Va" and the "Tur Andayr").

The concept of Minbari "drow" thats been kicked around in other places on the forum, so I wont add to it apart from saying interesting, but flawed.

The other main question, prestige classes the "Alyt" .. why? It seems to be just all the class abilities of the standard Officer, but pressed in to a 10 level prestige, with just the added bits of contact with the Grey Council for local "flavour". Since the Warrior Caste have Officer as favoured class, and those abilites don't look like they stack.. It seems like a prestige class done just to say hey look, another prestige class...

Back