Look what I bought to store my minis in ......

lastbesthope

Mongoose
Yes i know I need to build and paint them, and that this is not nearly big enough for all of them, but it should be a good size for a 5 point Raid fleet

http://www.maplin.co.uk/Search.aspx?criteria=N36CJ&DOY=2m9

LBH

LBH,

These look very good, I have a maplins where I work, will check out whether they have any on Monday

Thanks for the tip

Kremmen

Well I didn't think I'd get that sort of response, I thought I'd get a slagging for having a case for transporting my as yet iincomplete minis, I'm sure that will happen soon though.

To help you all out, at the bottom of the item page is a store stock checker:

http://www.maplin.co.uk/Search.aspx?criteria=N36CJ&DOY=2m9#storecheck

Type in your postcode and it'll give you the stock levels in all the nearby stores. Make sure you select the correct item first though.

Not all stores have them, I phoned my bro up in EK at work where he works for Maplin. They had sold out. Though his staff discount wouldn't have been much use as they would need to have been sent down.

Thay had at least 2 more in my local store but I thought one would be enough to start with, should be enough for a tourney transport as I say.

INTELLIGENCE UPDATE!!!!!

The leaflet of the current sale prices tells me that the sale that these are in finishes on the 5th of Septemver, that's Tuesday to you and me. Best get them bought soon. £30 normal price, sale price £15. Well worth a little trip down to the shops.

The box dimensions are on the product page, the dimple foam in the top is removable, in the lower section are 2 foam blocks, 1 is about 1.5" thick, the other is about 6cm thick. Yes i know I've mixed the measurements but it's more precise that way :lol:

Glad I was of any help.

LBH

I got one earlier this week when I popped into Maplins looking for a new CPU fan...didn't think to share this intelligence on the forums though!

Just make sure you don't leave it till after Tuesday :lol:

I'm glad I've been considering more generic cases for this application rather than gaming specific ones, OK the foam needs cut and isn't slways preperforated, this one is just a pair of slabs, but it's way cheaper and I have many craft knives 8)

LBH
(Should have worked out a comission deal with Maplin)

Hash said:
I got one earlier this week when I popped into Maplins looking for a new CPU fan...didn't think to share this intelligence on the forums though!

Naughty Hash, an open and shut case for administrative punishment I think....

Paging Ted Chang, Ted Chang to the forum please...... please bring Eunice! :twisted:

LBH

lastbesthope said:
Naughty Hash, an open and shut case for administrative punishment I think....

Paging Ted Chang, Ted Chang to the forum please...... please bring Eunice! :twisted:

LBH

I wasn't aware your new mod powers included the ability to page Mr Chang to do your bidding :shock:

BTW, I was thinking before of getting a BattleHive

http://www.em4miniatures.com/acatalog/Battle_Hive.html

Anyone got one? Are they worth it?

I was giving serious consideration to a Figures in Comfort case, aprticularly their large Starship tray. http://www.ekmpowershop2.com/ekmps/shops/figsincomfort/index.asp?function=DISPLAYPRODUCT&productid=37

Has anyone used this. Is it good for ACTA ships?

I did look at it, but my fleet being minbari it was kind of pointless due to the lower fins on Sharlins. It is quite suitable for ships with flatter bottoms however. Some of their cavalry trays were better suited. I guess it really depends on your fleets as a lot of them will work nicely in it.

My local gaming store carries a range of trays, so I got to test things out before I bought. I am currently using the egg-crate trays until I decide how to base them properly. The detachable magnetics way looked interesting.

Hash; the battle hives are awesome, they are hard bodied and have an awful lot of foam trays in them (they aren't too expensive either). I have my entire Drakh fleet (which is an awfully big fleet!) in 1 Battle Hive with loads of space to spare.
The best bits are that the foam is perforated so you can get a snug fit for your fleet and that you can buy the foam trays seperately so you can store all of your miniatures easily. I'll be bringing mine down on the 16th, you can have a look at it and see what you think. Personally, I reckon they're the best storage and transport system out there.
ID Gaming sell them, at a good discount too!

Greg Smith said:
I was giving serious consideration to a Figures in Comfort case, aprticularly their large Starship tray. http://www.ekmpowershop2.com/ekmps/shops/figsincomfort/index.asp?function=DISPLAYPRODUCT&productid=37

Has anyone used this. Is it good for ACTA ships?

Cheers Greg,

I've been looking for this website for months :)

I'm glad this thread has turne dout to be as useful as it has to so many of us, I really was expecting a slagging about my unpainted, unbuilt fleets :lol:

LBH

lastbesthope said:
I'm glad this thread has turne dout to be as useful as it has to so many of us, I really was expecting a slagging about my unpainted, unbuilt fleets :lol:

LBH

Naaah.......playful poke now and then, but not a slagging off

Back