Lone Wolf names' using video-games

The Kingdom of Holmgaard is in the north of the Sommerland.

Oh dear, that is bad.

I'm also seeing Kirlundin, Anskaven, Pass of Moytura (blatant Moytura Pass), and a few oher familiar bits and pieces too. On the plus side the style of the map looks vaguely similar to those lovely old maps Gary Chalk used to do for the gamebooks (but on a scale that just makes it look bad).

Game Credits Page I'm not seeing any familiar names here (apart from the special thanks list which really ought to include Joe given the ammount of stuff of his they've used) :(.

Joe Dever was a game consultant for Killzone, so I think he have agree to give the bad guy this name.

For the other game, I'm not sure if Joe was asked.

Joe was also pretty keen on borrowing names (google for "Battle of Moytura"...), but the ones on that map he really could claim his own are, I believe, Anskaven, Kirlundin and Unoram.

(Then I don't see the map style as being particularly Gary Chalk-ish... after having seen I don't know how many fantasy maps over the last 25 years.)

I call some form of copyright infringement: especially here.

http://www.twokingdoms.com/story.htm

Read the story:

As far back in time as the legends and tales of the bards go, Holmgaard was always a peaceful kingdom where flourishing prosperity favored the expansion of commerce, roads and the exploration of navigeable sea routes ...

Holmgaard was a powerful realm that guided the destiny of Sommerlund

Er, doubtful, since they have elves...and their own history that is different from the history of Aon. But what they did do was copy heavily...and in the above example they actually used Sommerlund, rather than their derivative of Sommerland.

The Wolf said:
Er, doubtful, since they have elves...and their own history that is different from the history of Aon. But what they did do was copy heavily...and in the above example they actually used Sommerlund, rather than their derivative of Sommerland.

Especialy since they've included a list of people who's work they've apparently ripped off and Joe's not on it.

Actually, wether it is in french, or in English, I took note of your community concerns :)

Two Kingdoms was, is, an amateur game whose devloppment has been quite chaotic - the names are indeed a blatant reference to the Lone Wolf universe ( I was a big fan when I was a kid ). It was always planned to use them as a temporary solution, as I wanted to focus on the technical aspects of the game creation, and not the lore ... the website, graphics, and locations names you can see on the website were meant to be temporary - it just happened that I had to drop the project for quite a while

The game is still under (heavy) devloppment, as we speak, and goes through a major graphic / story overhaul : the site, and the game has you know it, will be brought down, and everything will be changed, including the names, locations, etc ...

I would expect those changes to go live during the month of december, 2006, as I'd like to have something playeable for the Xmas holidays.

Now, if the use of these names are a concern for the legal department of Moongoose Publishing, or anyone that holds the copyrights for those elements, please send me a mail, stating what I should remove, and it will be done in a timely fashion :)

Lux

Back