Latest News on A Call to Arms: Star Fleet

More News As It Comes In.......

More people in the UK will be receiving Federation fleet sets today and/or tomorrow, and another wave will be going out on Friday - this will cover around 90% of all open orders for Federation sets, and the rest will be covered by the restock we take in next week.

At that time, we are also expecting to see the first Klingon and (hopefully) Romulan fleet sets. We expect to cover all pre-orders for those within a week of the first sets arriving.

US pre-orders are also moving out and we are expecting them to be fulfilled at about the same time.

'Single' ships for all three fleets will be going out throughout this period.

After that point, we will be fortified in depth with Federation, Klingon and Romulan Squadron and Fleet sets, and will be starting work on the new fleets. Unless anything changes on the design front, these will be turned round extremely quickly (it takes us about a week to prep all the production moulds for a single fleet set).

We are just waiting for the Federation decalsd/transfers to arrive from print - we should have them in our hands next week. Give us a week to get copies to ADB in the States, and then they will go on official release on both web sites.

Matthew

Thanks for the update. Nice to see some schedules on the decals. How are the fleet cards progressing through development?

Just having one last look at the errata and, once that is all agreed with ADB, the reference cards will be done and dusted!

OK, so adding that up, that sounds like you're saying the first Klingon fleets should be showing up around sometime next week, with all the pre-orders being filled by the week after that (so, say, by the 23rd? Ish? Or at least before April?).

On the website, pre-orders are open for Squadron Box #5, which is Klingons vs. Orions. I know the Orions haven't been mentioned much, and there are only a few Orion ships in the book, but any W.A.G. on when that is going to be available?

Is it still possible to request resin for new purchases, at least for 'big three' fleet boxes, or is it metal-only at this point?

Finlos said:
Is it still possible to request resin for new purchases, at least for 'big three' fleet boxes, or is it metal-only at this point?

You can certainly request resin, though it will likely take a little longer to process your order.

TJHairball said:
OK, so adding that up, that sounds like you're saying the first Klingon fleets should be showing up around sometime next week, with all the pre-orders being filled by the week after that (so, say, by the 23rd? Ish? Or at least before April?).

On the website, pre-orders are open for Squadron Box #5, which is Klingons vs. Orions. I know the Orions haven't been mentioned much, and there are only a few Orion ships in the book, but any W.A.G. on when that is going to be available?

The Klingon and Romulan fleets are having their final production moulds put together this week.

I'll do an update on the various squadron sets in a week or two (let's get the rest out first!), but you will see these go through the works very, very quickly now.

msprange said:
TJHairball said:

The Klingon and Romulan fleets are having their final production moulds put together this week.

So when are we actually likely to get them in our hands as I read your post to say that we would finally be getting them this week?? :?

"More people in the UK will be receiving Federation fleet sets today and/or tomorrow, and another wave will be going out on Friday - this will cover around 90% of all open orders for Federation sets, and the rest will be covered by the restock we take in next week. At that time, we are also expecting to see the first Klingon and (hopefully) Romulan fleet sets. We expect to cover all pre-orders for those within a week of the first sets arriving."

<pseudochinese aphorism> "There are always more corners behind the corner."

Curious to see what'll be Matt's response to that one...

msprange said:
Finlos said:

You can certainly request resin, though it will likely take a little longer to process your order.
Thanks Matt, good to know. I'll send Kelly, or more likely you, an email to request resin when I order my Romulans.

msprange said:
TJHairball said:

I'll do an update on the various squadron sets in a week or two (let's get the rest out first!), but you will see these go through the works very, very quickly now.

Okay, what about the Federation Fleets? I haven't seen mine yet, or even recieved an e-mail stating it was shipped - which I did for the squadron boxes I ordered way back when. Can we get a further update on what's going on with the Feds too please Matt?

I got an e mail telling me that the fed fleet box is in the post on the 9th of march . The box hasn`t arrived jet but it usually takes a week from GB to Germany

Da Boss said:
So when are we actually likely to get them in our hands as I read your post to say that we would finally be getting them this week?? :?

A couple of moulds had issues, but they have now been fixed - the first of these sets will, as i said, go out this week.

GreyHart said:
Okay, what about the Federation Fleets? I haven't seen mine yet, or even recieved an e-mail stating it was shipped - which I did for the squadron boxes I ordered way back when. Can we get a further update on what's going on with the Feds too please Matt?

The last of these are being manufactured, well, now. The US will have theirs sent out towards thr end of the week, everywhere else will have some sent this week, the remainder next (takes a few days to get models from there to here).

msprange said:
GreyHart said:

The last of these are being manufactured, well, now. The US will have theirs sent out towards thr end of the week, everywhere else will have some sent this week, the remainder next (takes a few days to get models from there to here).

Thank you very much for the update Matt. :)

Latest Update...

We are just about there!

The last of the pre-ordered Federation fleet sets are either on their way to players now, or on their way to the UK office where they will be quickly dispatched next week.

The Klingon squadron/fleet sets (along with the Federation) will start shipping to distrobutors around the end of the week after next. By this time, all pre-ordered Klingon and Romulan fleet sets will be in the post or already at your doors.

The Romulan squadron/fleet sets will go into distribution two weeks after that.

Then, it will be back to the release schedule, which will get updated for Star Fleet this afternoon. There will be a few little surprises going up on the site today.early next week as well, with some new ships that you have not seen yet - they will be available (and dispatched!) for mail order next month.

Once again, apologies for all these delays, but we are finally 'there' with just the last production moulds being created for the fleet sets, and then it is full bore on actual production (which is a hell of a lot quicker than pure resin sets).

Oh, and nearly forgot! The Federation transfers/decals are in, as soon as ADB get theirs (on their way today), we will be able to ship these as well.

Back