Kull reprint?

UncleBear

Mongoose
Del Rey has three volumes of Conan, plus Solomon Kane and Bran Mak Morn on their publishing schedule (and we're already 3/5 of the way through that)!
Has anyone heard anything about Kull reprints?

UncleBear said:
Del Rey has three volumes of Conan, plus Solomon Kane and Bran Mak Morn on their publishing schedule (and we're already 3/5 of the way through that)!
Has anyone heard anything about Kull reprints?
Not yet. But in www.abebook.com, section out of print, you can catch some massmarket books of Howard, especially those of Baen Books (a series of 7 books) with all Kull stories and unfinished fragments.
The other books were Brak Mac Morn, Cormac mac Art, Solomon Kane and Horror anthologies.

The Kull Wandering Star Hardcover is being prepared at present for next year . No deal has been done with Del Rey _yet_for the next batch of books after Conan/Kane/Bran.

Terry

The Robert E Howard Comics Group
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/TheREHcomicsgroup/

While it is still over a year away, I belive, Wandering Star will be doing a collection of Kull stories. Del Rey should be doing a tradepaper version shortly afterward.

If I were you I'd get the Baen mass market paperback release of Kull. As far as I know it's pretty complete with his stories and unfinished fragments. I'm just about done reading it now, after reading Kane and Conan I can see why people say it is not his best work. I don't think I'd buy any reprint of Kull material no matter how nice it looks.

miracleman_jbone said:
If I were you I'd get the Baen mass market paperback release of Kull. As far as I know it's pretty complete with his stories and unfinished fragments. I'm just about done reading it now, after reading Kane and Conan I can see why people say it is not his best work. I don't think I'd buy any reprint of Kull material no matter how nice it looks.
Kull stories can't be read as Conan's. There were more reflective and meditative fiction essay.
The world was at that time almost completely deprived of sorcery. There are sometimes some hints about its origins, but so little info as to let us try and guess at it.
The age of Conan is one of ancient time but when you read Kull and compare it to Conan's stories, you have almost a feel of prehistory where the Nemedian Chronicles didn't exist yet.
Then read the 2-3 first paragraphs of the "Hyborian Age" essay/introduction and then you will know that the Age of Kull is an Age of legend and understand the whole connection with the Hyborian Age.

I see what you are saying, but I really meant it is not his best work in regards to the writing itself. The stories are good but the writing was a little awkward. Some of the sentences are strangely worded and the Kull stories have a tendency to just abruptly end. Definitely worth reading, every author has their origins somewhere and not everyone starts out perfect that much I understand. Those who want to read the Kull stories the Baen book is perfect. Those who want to collect them have to wait a bit longer for them to be rereleased. I personally am in the read category and Kull will have a spot on my bookshelf with all my other Howard books.

Back