is SST dead? why no new releases

lastbesthope said:
Lorcan Nagle said:
The announcement will likely be tomorrow, because as has been mentioned repeatedly at this stage, Mongoose is closed today due to a British Bank holiday.

Actually it's not a British Bank Holiday, Scotland doesn't have a bank holiday today, I can't speak to Wales or Northern IReland, but it is a Bank Holiday in England which is where Mongoose are located.

LBH

Thats just because Scotland has its own sub-government (I don't know the real term).

Wales I know has one, but I'm not sure about Northern Ireland, I think they do as well.

Rob_alderman said:
lastbesthope said:
Lorcan Nagle said:
The announcement will likely be tomorrow, because as has been mentioned repeatedly at this stage, Mongoose is closed today due to a British Bank holiday.

Actually it's not a British Bank Holiday, Scotland doesn't have a bank holiday today, I can't speak to Wales or Northern IReland, but it is a Bank Holiday in England which is where Mongoose are located.

LBH

Thats just because Scotland has its own sub-government (I don't know the real term).

Wales I know has one, but I'm not sure about Northern Ireland, I think they do as well.

It all depends on the state of the peace process at the time. I believe the Stormont parliment is suspended right now.

its a product of devolution, basically london, scotland and wales have active parliments

wow, you really can tell why i got a u in AS politics :cry:

u took AS politics?

why?

must be useful in life
:lol:
at least you went to school.... i just never seemed to fit it into my day :oops:

Rob_alderman said:
lastbesthope said:

LBH

Actually it's got nothing to do with that at all, at least not the recent seperate government, Scotland has had different bank holidays for decades if not longer since well before the Parliament. It's to do with the traditional holidays. Glasgow and the surrounding area has a bank holiday called "Fair Monday" (The same weekend as the traditional Glasgow fair) that is not celebrated across the whole country, they have a different one at another time.

LBH

lastbesthope said:
Rob_alderman said:
lastbesthope said:

LBH

Actually it's got nothing to do with that at all, at least not the recent seperate government, Scotland has had different bank holidays for decades if not longer since well before the Parliament. It's to do with the traditional holidays. Glasgow and the surrounding area has a bank holiday called "Fair Monday" (The same weekend as the traditional Glasgow fair) that is not celebrated across the whole country, they have a different one at another time.

LBH

yup LBH is right, devolution has only been around since what 98? Bank holidays in the UK have been different for a looooong time

still wonder why England doesn't make April 23rd a holiday......

Because then Scotland would want Nov 30th, Northern Ireland (& Eire???)would want March 17th and the Welsh would want St David's day (Sorry can't remember that date)

LBH

lastbesthope said:
Because then Scotland would want Nov 30th, Northern Ireland (& Eire???)would want March 17th and the Welsh would want St David's day (Sorry can't remember that date)

LBH

Well I'll be damned....

I thought they were holidays!

St Patrick's Day definitely is though but having lived in Wales for 5 years I was convinced March 1st was! Certainly everywhere was bloody closed!

emperorpenguin said:
lastbesthope said:
Rob_alderman said:

LBH

yup LBH is right, devolution has only been around since what 98? Bank holidays in the UK have been different for a looooong time

You and most of England!

Thought we do celebrate the another British Saint, whose the patron saint of Eireland :p

Reaverman said:
emperorpenguin said:
lastbesthope said:

LBH

You and most of England!

Thought we do celebrate the another British Saint, whose the patron saint of Eireland :p

Ireland is NOT Britain...

Lorcan Nagle said:
Reaverman said:
emperorpenguin said:

You and most of England!

Very good, your point being?

Reaverman said:
Thank you EP for pointing out the historical fact ;)

though in school some teachers went to great pains to try and say he was a gaul, anything but admit their patron saint is from the "enemy"! :roll:

emperorpenguin said:
Lorcan Nagle said:

but technically Patrick was British...... :wink:[/quote]

Much in the same way Ireland is part of the UK again every time we get into the World Cup and England doesn't...

Back