New to this shindig!

Tneva, what is your major malfunction?
me and Combatdroid are willing to accept your opinion, we just happen to have a different one.
:roll:
At least when I act like a prick I try to be funny with it...

And for the fourth time:
MaxSteiner said:
I HAVE NO PROBLEM WITH THEM BEING AVAILABLE AS A FREE PDF I JUST WOULD PREFER IF THEY WERE ALSO IN THE MAIN RULEBOOK!
(Or Armybooks)

I appreciate that they've been removed due to the size, but as you rightly point out, they'll probably take the fluff out too. Which means the new rulebook goes from something I definatly want, to something I might actually decide not to bother with.

MaxSteiner said:
At least when I act like a prick I try to be funny with it...

tee hee

well i think the game is a bit of a worry. I mean we need fluff and good fluff we cant leave it up to the players we need canon stuff.

This really shouldn't have gone on like this...
I think the secound half should be split or deleted, it honestly doesnt look good does it?

As for the fluff, it definatly needs to be good, as does the artwork! Its a big selling point of a system, GW (Shudder) stuff wouldnt be half as popular if it was just a collection of stats and rules.
Also they're putting in a new race, which has gotta be handled correctly otherwise its just gonna be Invid Zentradi invading for... some reason....

combatdroid113 said:
Where is Razack and ScipoAmerica?
The Lt. got kinda sorta really hurt while doing some fixing to his house regarding a ladder, a gutter, and he was already hurt to start with and banged himself up pretty good, I haven't gotten an update on his condition for a while so I don't know how he is at the moment :cry: . As for Scipio, he pops in every once in a while...

I'm still here too, though I never was a big poster.

But it fill-in-blank me off to see some people cannot take some criticism.

For the matter, welcome back Combatdroid and I always like to hear about your opinions MaxSteiner ( green lantern fan or just a nice avatar?)

s

Lol ya got me! / think thats the only time I've been caught out :D
Amongst my many dubious achievements I'm happy to say that I've read every single issue of GL v2 from 60's up until the moment Kyle Rainer came in... then I stoped because a green lantern who isnt weak against yellow is complete and utter tosh and makes a complete mockery of the whole character... Plus he's rubish! Not sure if it was worth it but if nothing else it confirmed Guy Gardeners the best (Until they decided he was a vandalaurian then he was a bit gack but they tend not to mention that these days D)

Edit====>Sorry about that pewpewtolinlazers I think something like thats been brewing a while, it tends to explode like that every couple of months, but at least it shows we're pasionate :lol:

i cant, my family is visiting from the 22- the end of the month, and grandma, (whos very old) wants to see the capital with me, feed me, take me places, etc that weekend. As a poor law student, i cant turn it down. I should however, be able to do something after this month is over. I really appreciate the invite and will be stopping by the store at some point when this month is over with. Feb at my lawschool is hell on wheels.

I didnt mean to sound crass about the thread hijacking, i just thought it was really funny to an extent. Although I really think that as players of wargames, we all have opinions, and whether they be positive or negative, they shouldnt be belittled as they add some type of input into our pot of knowledge and discussion which mongoose can check out and maybe work with.

MAx, passion is great. I like seeing forceful, passionate oral argument.. or in this case, written argument. I was a frequenter of librarium online for a while and they banned me for grumbling about GW's pricing, advertisement and LOTR mental masturbations... COUGH* Ccrappy game* COUGH.

Those are my two cents anyways.

On a completely unrelated topic... the bears lost and that makes me saddened. Phooey.

LOL

Any thoughts on the superb0wl?

Also, speaking of football, does anyone remember blood bowl? I was going through some old magazines the other day and found a wealth of info from when the game was first marketed in the early-mid nineties.

Any thoughts on bloodbowl?

Although it may sound odd, i would love to see what an arachnid tabletop football team would look like.

8)

Arachnid football team?

What will the hooligans look like? ; )

Blood Bowl seemed to be a nice and fun game.
Never played it though.

I'll just assume you left the smiley out accidently Hiro :D

Hehe thanks, pewpewtolinlazers thats always been my view, theres no point everyone being positive all the time, otherwise you wind up with something like these:

sstskinslaves.jpg

Besides, this is seriously the most life thats been seen on this board for god knows how long, and some of the old players have even come out of the woodwork, so asside from the nastiness I think its been a good thing!
Its a good sign if a system has players who are willing to tear each others throats out to prove a completly irrelevant point, and this game has 'em in droves :lol:

And I definatly agree about LOTR, when I finally got a look at someones rule book i was shocked to see a diagram with the legend 'The mordor orc rolls a 4, the rider of rohan rolls a 6, rider of Rohan wins', needless to say after a couple of months ribbing (Which he wasn't really able to deny) he sold all his stuff to someones kid brother :D

Bloodbowl on the other hand now there was a game, I miss that brittle polystyrine board and those fidily little discs which were meant to differentiate the identical players from one another :D
I only ever played a couple of games of the last edition but that was pretty fun too, although the pitch was a bit naff lol.
Arachnids might actually almost work if they were put together with the smallest feet on the sprue so they fit on a monster base... Hmmm
Even better would be SST/Bloodbowl fusion with reactions and two actions!

Indeed!

What the hell models were those? They look like motley crue and the clicks broke into an abandoned nuclear waste factory, had sex and produced those things.

No offense to anyone that likes them, just found them odd. Very odd.

im sure they are nice

:D at least we both get to be asses that way lol.

Those pewpew, are one of the reasons SST got a restart!
Meant to be honest citizens stolen from federation planets by the perfidious Skinny slavers, I won't go into what they actually look like (Although the one on the far right bears a striking resembelance to Conan... if he were to dress in drag... unconvincingly...) but it ain't pretty :D
And I don't think you have to worry about insulting anyone over them, anyone connected to them will have heared alot worse when they were released (And for once not just from me).

Nope, actually i go to Howard Law. I would have liked to goto Gtown...but had a little too much fun in college to have the straight A's and community service reqs it requires to get in. I really like my law school, though, small, good atmosphere, and in DC and I end up being able to live in MD and take the train. Which saves a bundle on Gas.

Yeah but you live in MD, so saving a bundle on gas gets nerfed by the fact you live in MD.... Heck, I want an easy drive to work, but living in the same county as it would cost me x2 as much as it would living one county over.

that would normally be true. As a student, i still keep FL residency so I dont have property tax... and really try to work in FL over summers, or in VA, because the taxes are less. I suspect I may live on the wrong side of the DC/MD line however, as my rent is RETARDED high. I hate rent control, pointless raising of my rent for no reason, taking away money from me that could go towards beer or gaming. :(

I will say this, I HATE DC sales tax. 10%? That is a rip and I see NO BENEFIT TO MY PART OF THE CITY. I miss Florida's 6 percent... and NO state income tax.

I really hope that i can manage to get a JAG job out of law school, and get to pick my state of residency for tax purposes.

As for the gas, I usually take the metro everywhere, making it moderately less expensive.

MY STUFF IS COMING IN THE MAIL~!!!! Should be here within a week!!! SST boxed set (as said in my other thread).

Any advice as to making the cap troops?

Or for that matter, the arachnids?

Back