is SST dead? why no new releases

watcher

Mongoose
so i havent checked the mongoose site for a while and havnt played SST for a while (been demoing hordes and WM recently, just getting ready to start on SST again) i check the mpongoose site to see some new stuff, and theres nothing there, infact theres less, the ships, the forth, where are they?

i just read something about the "announcment" which is apparently due today

ive been watching SST develop from when it was announced, ive always felt happy with my purchases until i got the MI army book, which while including a nice list, is the worst gaming book ive ever bought, the artwork was appaling, precious little fluff and a hefty price for what i got (look at hordes primal, same price, but the quality in every aspect of that book is amazing)

anyway, thats the only thing mongoose has done to put me off, but the system is good enough to keep me hooked, please mongoose, dont say the dreaded "we are ceasing support"

dont make starship troopers mentioned in the same sentance as vor and void in regards to gaming history

Don't give up hope. The announcement will probably be on Tuesday as Monday is a banking holiday and today is the weekend. There are supposed to be great things in the works for SST, so check back in a couple days and see what they say.

Yeah, I have decided to put the Forth on hold, because I don't want to order something with no release date.

This isn't looking good. What is this cursed anoucement?!? :x

Dr. Rooster said:

The announcement? Who knows. Right now it seems to be just another missed release date.... :roll:

The announcement will likely be tomorrow, because as has been mentioned repeatedly at this stage, Mongoose is closed today due to a British Bank holiday.

Dr. Rooster said:
Yeah, I have decided to put the Forth on hold, because I don't want to order something with no release date.

I think most people are getting REALLY tired of waiting now.
new1_sleeping.gif

C'mon Mongoose - pull your finger out
new1_multi.gif

Lorcan Nagle said:
The announcement will likely be tomorrow, because as has been mentioned repeatedly at this stage, Mongoose is closed today due to a British Bank holiday.

Bank Holiday, Schmank Holiday - WE WANT NEWS!!!!!
new2_rrrr2.gif

Lorcan Nagle said:

Actually it's not a British Bank Holiday, Scotland doesn't have a bank holiday today, I can't speak to Wales or Northern IReland, but it is a Bank Holiday in England which is where Mongoose are located.

LBH

lastbesthope said:
Lorcan Nagle said:

Actually it's not a British Bank Holiday, Scotland doesn't have a bank holiday today, I can't speak to Wales or Northern IReland, but it is a Bank Holiday in England which is where Mongoose are located.

LBH

Whatever. Cvilised people off the west coast of Europe have their bank holiday at the start of the month. :lol:

I hope it's something good. Judging by the threads on stores dropping the product I'd hate to see SST go under from lack of interest. :(
I'm hoping that it's re-sculpted styrene plastics for the MI.
This ABS stuff is terrible! :(

So what it it tomorow now?
Or is it going to be pused back to september?
Or will it be pushed ack till mid september when Signs and Portents is released (Although thats a month behind now too...)?
I'm sure they have something, but they've already missed Gencon, which would have been the immediatly obvious place to make an announcement... Helldorado and AT-43 are out next month, thats an awful time to be making an announcement it'll be swamped by all the advertising for them...
So are we actually looking at October, which was the original Forth release date?
Either way its better they do what ever it is when they are ready, I guess :?

I reckon htey'll be good to their word and anounce something over the next few days. Remember in all fairness Matt did say ten days or so.
If they're ditching 28mm for 15mm there's going to be trouble! :evil:

Well Like I say I'd rather see it complete and late than rushed, but there's only a couple of good points in the year to announce new products, and midway between the new Rackham game, the new Ilyad and the new edition of WFB isnt one of them...

I don't think they will, GZG already does a @not@ SST range in 15mm, pendragon do a 10mm etc. the bloke at Pictors Studio plays his SST almost exclusivly in 10mm too.
Even if they did decide to ofer a smaller scale it could be done alongside the existing range's without to much work couldn't it?

come on guys, they have a lot going on at the moment, just give `em time and all will be well.................. trust me........ I`m a doctor :lol:

Its meant to be something new and exciting isn't it? (So clearly not 15mm its old hat).
This was announced right at the begining of the year in MSprange's new year speach incidently (He said that there was a quantumn leap in gaming coming and Mongoose was going to be at the forefrount), but the most recent announcement is its going to be something thats never been done before, since they've missed being the first out with the new pre-painted plastic process it can't be that either... So I'm stumped. I'm trying my best to keep my expectations as low as possile, that way I can pretend to be excited whatever it is... Unless its a SST range of paints because that would be so lame...
I kinda hope a new box set is amongst the announcements, GW appears to have adopted destroyer pricing as its US sales tactic this year and the existing set isn't looking so tempting now.

SST is 30mm scale just for the record :D

If there are further deleys Mongoose should really just go on Deviant Art and find a semi decent artist to churn out fake concept sketches to keep everyone of their backs. Works for most other games companies :lol:

Back