How old are you?

Hello Folks,

I'm 35 and been roleplaying since 1982. Geesh, playing for 23 freakin years... NERDS OF THE WORLD, UNITE :twisted: ! Started on D&D of course and have played such obscure games as Jorune and Harn and still like those deep, harsh and detailed settings and systems that make a players sweat (and thus think) and the GMs grin with evil delight 8) .

37 - (feeling like 73 today :)

Roleplayer since 1984 - Games Master since 1984 - Collector since 1984
If I didn't knew me, I would send me to an asylum for it :wink:

I seem to be the second oldest on this particular thread at 46. I have been collecting all types of games since I was 11 when I purchased a game called Ploy, which I still have.

I first became aware of DnD when I was 17 I think. Some kids were playing it in the school hallway. Didn't actually get to play the game for several years, had joined the US Air Force in the meantime.

I just loved DnD, had one of the original boxed versions but lost it when my sister move out of their house that I had been staying in. But I had many of the hardback book products by that time and still do.

So I guess I have been playing for over 25 years at least.

Read all the Conan stories before I knew about DnD. Never played Conan with DnD, never had the flavor.

Do any of you think you will be playing RPGs at 60? I know I will.

I'm 33, I've been playing since I was 14. I was introduced to AD&D through a friend who found out I'd bought some lead miniatures and painted them on a whim.

I've never been the same since, its all gone down hill from there.

My odometer just switched to 30 a few months ago; I've been gaming and reading fantasy/sci-fi for two-thirds of my life. :D

I'm just under 32. I started gaming just over two decades ago. I started with AD&D. Actually, while I touched D&D 3rd ed and 3.5, I am just about to start up a 2nd ed game.

I am 30 years old. I started role-playing sometime in early middle school, I must have been 11 or 12 or so. Started with basic D&D (is that the red box?). I stopped playing regularly sometime in high school when I realized it would make me a social pariah :( . I have played at infrequent intervals since then, but have kept up on the industry out of an amateur interest in game design. It was Conan D20 which really got me back into role-playing whole hog.

REH is a fairly recent discovery for me. A few years ago, I decided to see what was going on with contemporary fantasy writing and picked up the first book in the Robert Jordan series, Wheel of Time. Needless to say, my disgust at what constitutes "fantasy" these days made me turn back to some of the classics. I quickly became a fan of REH (and even more so, Fritz Lieber who IMHO is the most gifted writer the genre has ever produced) and vowed never to return to any fantasy written since 1980.

37 years old. I started playing D&D in 1981, with the old blue box. I stopped playing after high school, and only picked it up again in '03.

This thread makes me feel better. I thought I was silly for being almost 30 and still gaming (sometimes I feel that way, not always), but it's nice to know that others still game past college as well. :)

Anyway, I'm 29 right now, and will be 30 in October. I started playing D&D when I was 8 years old, so damn... I've been doing this for almost 22 years. I started with the Red Box D&D Basic Set and AD&D 1e. I've played pretty much ever game system under the sun except a small few. Currently we still play Conan OGL, Shadowrun 4e, Hero System 4th Edition, World of Darkness 2.0, Wraith the Oblivion, and Hackmaster. We bounce around alot, heh. Our Warhammer FRP game just ended a few months ago from GM burnout.

It's been a good week. This past Tuesday I met a bunch of older 30-something punks and this thread showed 30-40 something gamers. Ah, I feel much better now.

-=Grim=-

DaylightDrifter said:
I'm 24 and started gaming when I was about 17. I guess I'm still a newbie!
Thanks for reviving this old thread; must have missed it the first time around...

I'm 36 and started RPGing when still at school - gosh, must be nearly 20 years now. But it seems I'm in good company.

I'm not exactly an admirer of the R.E.H.'s writing, and I'm anything but a d20/OGL system fan. Still, the Hyborian kingdoms remain my favourite sword&sorcery setting.

30 here. Started playing in the 80s with the basic D&D set (my intro to rpgs).

Just started playing Conan this year, but been a fan of Conan since the mid 80's when my cousin gave me a stack of Savage Sword of Conan mags.

I'm 38. I also started with the blue D&D box around 1979 or 1980. It was Christmas of 7th grade, and my twin sister got it as a gift and I took it from her almost as soon as she unwrapped it. I've been playing rpgs since then and my sister, to my knowledge, never played once. To this day I wonder why my parents (a) even heard of D&D back then, and (b) thought my sister would like it. I was the Narnia/Lord of the Rings/Lloyd Alexander reader.

I discovered Conan my freshman year of high school when I checked out "Conan the Conqueror" from the high school library (surprisingly, that library also had a couple of Gor books, go figure). It's tattered cover was almost falling off, and the librarian said I could keep it. I still have it. At that time, all the Conan books were readily available at Waldenbooks in Saginaw, Michigan. So whenever we took the 2 hour trip to the mall there from where I lived, I would buy a new one until I had the whole collection.

I also remember the Air Force Base Base Exchange where we lived had a very small book section where I bought a book of REH's boxing stories. "Iron Man" I think it was titled. Man, those were the days!

Hmmm...turned 35 this February. I discovered Conan through the 12 book De Camp/Carter/Howard combo release about a month before discovering D&D in the Erol Otus set.....and secured my life long hobby. My god, I might have had to figure out football or something like it otherwise! :shock:

Hello all!

Wow, can't believe I missed this thread the first time through. I am 36 and started gaming at age 12 with the classic red & blue D&D boxed sets. I started reading sci-fi/fantasty stuff by age 9, however, and discovered Conan around age 10 thanks to the comics. I quickly picked up the ACE paperbacks shortly thereafter and haven't looked at fantasy the same way since!

25...although I was only 23 when this topic started...and i'm not going into my experience...I don't have enough time and would still miss stuff...some of it by accident. Lets just say over half my life as a gamer and leave it at that...(incase anyone is really wondering I've been able to say that for a few years now...)

Just turned 36 last week. I've been a Conan fan since I discovered the old Marvel Comic Book series when I was 10. That led to the 12 book Conan series, and then a lifelong interest in all things Conan. I've first started gaming with the D&D boxed sets when I was 12, then gave it up 4-5 years later. It was the discovery of Mongoose's Conan RPG that brought me back to gaming, and I've been loving it!

Back