How fare the Centauri?

David said:
Blatant propaganda! The crew of the Adira were busy cleaning up after a, um, "religious festival".

Would that involve cleaning the decks with a hose, and taking those who take their religion very seriously back to their cabins in wheelbarrows?(probably after cleaning them with a hose as well)

wkehrman said:
David said:
Blatant propaganda! The crew of the Adira were busy cleaning up after a, um, "religious festival".

OK, they lack intestinal fortitude AND they can't hold their liquor!

Count your blessings. You couldn't handle what was on the table as it was, much less the Adira. :>

Besides. There are religous proscriptions about going into battle hungover.... well, except for the Marines...

Banichi said:
David said:

Would that involve cleaning the decks with a hose, and taking those who take their religion very seriously back to their cabins in wheelbarrows?(probably after cleaning them with a hose as well)

So. You've been to one I see...... ;)

David said:
hiffano said:
um, isn'tt that the point, different fleets do different things?

Yep. Was just pointing out that a Centauri player isn't likely to brag on his beam weapons....

I'm not so sure about that. I can say that after fighting the beam stack of Centauri and repeatedly having my ships adrift or missing weapons due to crits, I can say that I they can brag all they want about their beams.

Dave

Davesaint said:
David said:
hiffano said:
um, isn'tt that the point, different fleets do different things?

Yep. Was just pointing out that a Centauri player isn't likely to brag on his beam weapons....

I'm not so sure about that. I can say that after fighting the beam stack of Centauri and repeatedly having my ships adrift or missing weapons due to crits, I can say that I they can brag all they want about their beams.
Dave

Heck, most would brag on their Rubber Band Cannon if they were getting lots of crits. ;)

David said:
Davesaint said:
David said:

Dave

Heck, most would brag on their Rubber Band Cannon if they were getting lots of crits. ;)

On average 33% of your hits are crits.

Dave

David said:
wkehrman said:
David said:

Count your blessings. You couldn't handle what was on the table as it was, much less the Adira. :>

Besides. There are religous proscriptions about going into battle hungover.... well, except for the Marines...

What was on the table was the Thousand Paper Cut fleet. If you'd had the Adira it would have been a manly fleet instead.

Heck, most would brag on their Rubber Band Cannon if they were getting lots of crits. ;)[/quote]Dave[/quote]

Yeah. Sure. The dice don't seem to know that. Some nights you seem to roll them one right after the other. Some nights, you don't think there is a six on any of your dice..... and the crits you DO get, aren't all that nasty. ;)

l33tpenguin said:
wkehrman said:
What was on the table was the Thousand Paper Cut fleet. If you'd had the Adira it would have been a manly fleet instead.

Real men field armagedon ships

No. Real men field half a dozen armageddon level ships. If you only have the one ship to put down on the table, you are a piker. ;)

wkehrman said:
David said:
wkehrman said:

No. It was the "pain technician" fleet. And don't start talking about "manly" until you can put the 5 or six armageddon fleet out on the table. ;)

David said:
l33tpenguin said:
wkehrman said:

Real men field armagedon ships

No. Real men field half a dozen armageddon level ships. If you only have the one ship to put down on the table, you are a piker. ;)

I did say 'ships' I never specified how many :p

David said:
Real men fight the battle to their advantage, so as to minimse loss and to WIN! ;>

I think its too bad that as it is, it is better to field a fleet of smaller ships that a few powerful ones. While I believe in the usefulness of support craft, I don't think a horde of support craft should be able to out gun a single massive battle cruiser. I would like to see a single war or armagedon ship be able to mop the floor with its equal value of skirmish ships or, at the least, be capable of holding its own. Or a rework or the system that 'forces' players to take ships closer to the level of the engagement. In a 5 point War fight, IMO, each side should be fielding at least 2-3 War level ships.

David said:
wkehrman said:
David said:

No. It was the "pain technician" fleet. And don't start talking about "manly" until you can put the 5 or six armageddon fleet out on the table. ;)

Hey, bring it. At least I had an Armageddon level ship on the table.

l33tpenguin said:
David said:
Real men fight the battle to their advantage, so as to minimse loss and to WIN! ;>

I think its too bad that as it is, it is better to field a fleet of smaller ships that a few powerful ones. While I believe in the usefulness of support craft, I don't think a horde of support craft should be able to out gun a single massive battle cruiser. I would like to see a single war or armagedon ship be able to mop the floor with its equal value of skirmish ships or, at the least, be capable of holding its own. Or a rework or the system that 'forces' players to take ships closer to the level of the engagement. In a 5 point War fight, IMO, each side should be fielding at least 2-3 War level ships.

"There you go again, thinking, behind my back!"
Don Juan

David said:
Dave[/quote]

Yeah. Sure. The dice don't seem to know that. Some nights you seem to roll them one right after the other. Some nights, you don't think there is a six on any of your dice..... and the crits you DO get, aren't all that nasty. ;)[/quote]

Except with precise weapons, you need 5's and 6's. They aren't all that nasty because there isn't a damage multipler on it. However, if your target ship can't move much, or has a 50-50 fire, missing an arc, minus a lot of AD, or such, it really stinks. The problem is that so many people were so used to playing the Centauri beam team from heck that they are now upset that they have to actually work to get their shots in.

Try playing games at 5 raid and tell me how weak the centauri are.

Dave

Back