Higher levels

SnowDog

Mongoose
I know that this is not yet needed and because of my real life situation the campaign might never actually take off so the PCs might never get to levels above 10 but I am still curious to know about hit points after rising in levels above 10. I have understood that when your level rises after 10 you no longer roll the hit dice but only get a fixed amount of hits. Have I understood this correctly? If so, how much various classes get when they rise in level?

Thanks in advance!
 

Trodax

Mongoose
Classes that normally get 1d6/lvl get 1/lvl after lvl 10, 1d8/lvl becomes 2/lvl and 1d10/lvl becomes 3/lvl. Also, you only get to add your Con-bonus for the 10 first levels.
 

SnowDog

Mongoose
OK. I don't remember if there is d12 hit dice but if there is I suppose it will be 4 points afte level 10. Where this rule is presented? Maybe I just have to read D&D 3.0 for further info?

Thanks!
 

Trodax

Mongoose
This is a Conan-only rule, in D&D you keep rolling the dice (and adding your Con) at least until lvl 20 (don't know what happens after that). I don't have the book in front of me, and I can't remember where the rule is, but I'll bet it's in the beginning of the Classes-chapter.

I only have the AE though, and have never read the first printing of the game, so I'm not sure if this was something they changed between printings. Someone else might know?

Oh, and there's no class in Conan who gets 1d12/lvl.
 

Trodax

Mongoose
SnowDog said:
With your directions I found the passage where this rule was mentioned. Thanks Trodax!

No problem brother. Us 'Warriors of the North' must watch each others backs against the sly daggers of the decadent Southerners. :wink:
 

Cuchulain

Mongoose
It will be no dagger in your back, I wiil curse your fathers and plunge iron sword into your gullet like any true Cletic warrior :twisted: then taunt your brain ball on the long winter nights :D perhaps I'm getting too into Slaine, you nordic dogs! :wink:
 

Trodax

Mongoose
Cuchulain said:
too right claymore and we won't be tucked up in metal either, we'll fight like men and boast of our wounds later

Wounds you will surely have, but you will never get the chance to boast of them! If you wish to fight like a man, then remove that fancy face-paint and grow a beard! :twisted:
 

Cuchulain

Mongoose
Does it not make you northerners feel better that if you come west then you'll get a decent straight up fight :D where we can fight like warriors, where as with franks, saxons and the like you can't even rest in a bath for fear of , as it was aptly put, a dagger in the back?
 

SnowDog

Mongoose
Cuchulain said:
too right claymore and we won't be tucked up in metal either, we'll fight like men and boast of our wounds later

But ain't it too bad that you have to boast of your wounds in Tuonela (afterlife)? :twisted:
 

SnowDog

Mongoose
Cuchulain said:
Does it not make you northerners feel better that if you come west then you'll get a decent straight up fight :D where we can fight like warriors, where as with franks, saxons and the like you can't even rest in a bath for fear of , as it was aptly put, a dagger in the back?

Yes, that's a nice change of pace :lol:
 

Trodax

Mongoose
sanseveria said:
Why don't you all come over here by Crom, and I'll beat you all with my hockey stick...

I'm not familiar with this weapon, it has the foul smell of sorcery if you ask me.
Still, I'm sure its nothing that can't be broken over a good, strong, nordic knee. :wink:
 

Cuchulain

Mongoose
SnowDog said:
Cuchulain said:
Does it not make you northerners feel better that if you come west then you'll get a decent straight up fight :D where we can fight like warriors, where as with franks, saxons and the like you can't even rest in a bath for fear of , as it was aptly put, a dagger in the back?

Yes, that's a nice change of pace :lol:
See the thing is 'snowdog' as this is a faceless forum and no one really knows anyone else, no one will want to back down. I thought I would defuse banter for fear of it going to far. My pace may change because I'm mature enough to change it. So when offered an olive branch, take it and please do not laugh unless your man enough to laugh in my face.
 

SnowDog

Mongoose
Cuchulain said:
SnowDog said:
Cuchulain said:
Does it not make you northerners feel better that if you come west then you'll get a decent straight up fight :D where we can fight like warriors, where as with franks, saxons and the like you can't even rest in a bath for fear of , as it was aptly put, a dagger in the back?

Yes, that's a nice change of pace :lol:
See the thing is 'snowdog' as this is a faceless forum and no one really knows anyone else, no one will want to back down. I thought I would defuse banter for fear of it going to far. My pace may change because I'm mature enough to change it. So when offered an olive branch, take it and please do not laugh unless your man enough to laugh in my face.

Yes, of course these, as any other ... discussion has a potential to boil over but I didn't see that being even near, yet. Because English is not my native language, as you might quess :eek: my message might not have come across as how I meaned it. First of all, I was agreeing with you that if I wanted a decent fight I would pay you a visit. I might have misunderstood that as well, but I'd like to know it that was the case. Secondly, yes, I can laugh at your face but that LOL was intended as good natured laugh about the whole thing. And third I took this whole thing as just playing with words and nothing serious, so in fact I don't have anything to back down from.

In summa summarum. I apologise if I offended you in any way, it was not meant to be taken that way but I don't still understand what I wrote that offended you, really.

Have a nice one...
 

Cuchulain

Mongoose
Snowdog your right, I'm sorry. as far as i'm concerned the Nordic and Celtic myths are the greatest and most interesting I have ever heard of. Never , on my travels, have I had a bad word to say about prople from your part of the world. Tell you the truth I had a crash on my motorbike and was in a foul mood at the time. If it's any consolation took my girlfriend to see H.I.M. last night and seems to be in love with all things from Finland :roll:
 
Top